OT: Jerseys Question

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
The fake ones are significantly worse than even the replicas, which look better for casual wear than people are saying in here.

Your best bet is to keep an eye on eBay for a blank replica - you can find them for less than retail sometimes. Like this:
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Toronto-Mapl...9783?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item3ccf6d8847

Then bring it in to realsports or wherever for customization for another 60 plus tax.

You won't like your knockoff. Very few knockoffs in the entire league look close to real. None of them are Leafs jerseys. Don't do it.

Also, never believe anyone that tells you the bootlegs are "factory runoffs" or whatever. Replica's are made in Indonesia, Authentics are typically made in Montreal, and knockoffs are made in China.

Is that guy legit? For that price that's a steal. I'm ready to buy it right now, I wanna get Kadri stitched on there too if I get it blank.

How much does Real Sports charge for customization?

Last edited:

BleedingBlue89

Jan 22, 2013
Maybe i am biased, but as a authentic jersey collector they're worth the money. The retail replicas are made with cheap fabrics and iron on plastic shoulder patches and the china fakes are just total garbage. The on ice authentics are what the players wear and you can see and feel the difference of the quality. They'll run you 250 for a blank and around 300 customized but if you have the money go for it. However, they're abit harder to find these days I've noticed authentics less popular than the past but places like realsports, frozen pond and of course eBay sell them.

Jeffler

See You At Game 3
Dec 7, 2006
North York
theleafsnation.com
Is that guy legit? For that price that's a steal. I'm ready to buy it right now, I wanna get Kadri stitched on there too if I get it blank.

How much does Real Sports charge for customization?

Haven't bought from him, but he seems to be a top rated seller, high feedback, and the jerseys he has listed are all Premiers. They're wholesale I assume - traded players for the lettered, RBK vector instead of Reebok name for the blanks. Basically stuff NHL.com isn't using anymore. Something you never notice but slashes the price.

Personally, I picked up two for $50 each a few months ago from a similar account. Threw Luongo :)help:) on one and just put Grabovski on the other. $67.70 is customization after tax at RSA

Coatsy79

May 14, 2011
Uk
I'm in the fortunate position to own both types of jersey

The on ice jersey I have is worlds apart from the reebok replica, they are a better weight, the fit is different also and the quality of everything is just a bit better, but it should be its designed to be used in the NHL so has to put up with a lot of use

That's not to say the replica jersey is rubbish it's very good but the fabrics lighter/thinner and the fit is more baggy I'd say, but the difference in price makes up for the difference in quality, it's really a "fans" jersey which is fine as far as I'm concerned

With all that said hockey jerseys do seem expensive when compared to a soccer/rugby jersey for example but then there's a lot more going on, soccer/rugby jerseys change design almost every year and its really just a tee shirt

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Actually, the new RBK replicas look like absolute garbage with loose seams, plastic ****** shoulder patches and creased up fabrics, even at Real Sports. They look like garbage compared to the CCM, Starter and Koho makes from the old days.
I agree, but he's not asking for a comparison between the current ones and the old CCM etc. ones. As bad as you think the current replicas are, they are still much better than the fake ones from overseas.

ConnorTO

Jul 20, 2010
Toronto
But they don't look better. They look like absolute garbage. I have a Premier Replica and it looks just great. The fake ones look terrible.
well am aware there are plenty of fake jerseys that look like ****

but let's just say the one i can get for $80 looks good, like doesn't look like a ****** bootleg

or should i spend the $120 to support the Leafs and own a legit jersey?

NaztyKadri43

Mar 3, 2013
I agree, but he's not asking for a comparison between the current ones and the old CCM etc. ones. As bad as you think the current replicas are, they are still much better than the fake ones from overseas.

Honestly, the authentic Reebok Replicas at RealSports for like 189.99 are the best ones available for Leaf fans to buy. The authentic ones (worn by players) are just tooooo expensive. ($300+)

And no, the material is great! You guys are ''underrating'' it like crazy. Like i said, unless you're ''super rich''....I'd suggest you buy the Reebok authentic replicas at RS.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
well am aware there are plenty of fake jerseys that look like ****

but let's just say the one i can get for $80 looks good, like doesn't look like a ****** bootleg

or should i spend the $120 to support the Leafs and own a legit jersey?

Buy from the eBay link Jeffler posted. It's cheaper than the fake jersey you're interested in and it's actually real

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Honestly, the authentic Reebok Replicas at RealSports for like 189.99 are the best ones available for Leaf fans to buy. The authentic ones (worn by players) are just tooooo expensive. ($300+)

And no, the material is great! You guys are ''underrating'' it like crazy. Like i said, unless you're ''super rich''....I'd suggest you buy the Reebok authentic replicas at RS.
That's what I'm saying haha. Affordable and it's good. I have a Phaneuf one and it's more than good enough for me.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Haven't bought from him, but he seems to be a top rated seller, high feedback, and the jerseys he has listed are all Premiers. They're wholesale I assume - traded players for the lettered, RBK vector instead of Reebok name for the blanks. Basically stuff NHL.com isn't using anymore. Something you never notice but slashes the price.

Personally, I picked up two for $50 each a few months ago from a similar account. Threw Luongo :)help:) on one and just put Grabovski on the other. $67.70 is customization after tax at RSA

Yeah I just snagged one, been wanting a jersey for a long time.

And awesome, thanks for the info. Can't wait til this bad boy gets here and I can get it stitched :)

ConnorTO

Jul 20, 2010
Toronto
here are some examples

I6IvxA2.jpg

Q3g0vEA.jpg

i uno what u guys think

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I have a site I order fake ones from which you cannot tell the difference at all. I still buy authentic jerseys though when they're on sale. SVP sports on Steeles has authentic NHL jerseys for $30. They aren't Leafs jerseys, they're usually random one's. The Panthers,Jackets,Flames,Oilers etc. Some have names on the back of former players. I was gonna get a Souray Oilers jersey just for ***** and gigs but grabbed a Flames jersey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad