May 3, 2007
Rangers27.png

Like two peas in a pot.

So sexy.....

Syan Ruter

Snusmumriken
Nov 8, 2012
Opinions on the Olympic jerseys now that you've seen them in action

I figured that now when we've seen the olympic jerseys in action, is there any jersey that looks better on the ice than when they were first released, is there a jersey that looks worse etc.

If so, why and how would you have changed it?

Personally, I liked the Russian ones when the pictures were released but when I saw them in action they looked absolutely terrible. I hated the Finnish blue jersey at first but in the Rus-Fin game when I saw it, my jaw dropped. Those jerseys were beautiful :handclap: Also really loved the Swiss ones in action. Beautiful. Just beautiful. Opinions?

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
b43154b3-30b0-433e-85e3-790a4fc0c35b-620x372.jpeg

USA wore it's "3rd" jersey vs Slovenia, just highlighting the fact that the home and away ones for this year are crap. The "3rd" is a classic look that the United States should wear variations on every Olympics. It works, stick with it.

The all blue is not as bad as I thought it would look for the United States, but the whites are one of the worst things I have ever seen.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Canada is definitely still the worst. It's like they wanted team Canada to look stupid because the games were in Russia.

WaveRaven

Apr 30, 2011
MB
Am I really the only one who thinks that Canada's jerseys are among the best?

Yes you are ......

They are horrific and the socks are horrible. I expect to see them in cut up in rags and sold in bulk rag bags at auto parts stores.

Oh_so_saad

Sep 18, 2012
Seattle
i like the usa blue jersey,

The canadien black ones are sweet but that stupid canada logo really detracts from the clean look

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I really don't mind Canada's jerseys. They're not great by any means, but you would think they're "Stadium Series" bad from the rep they have gotten.

I didn't think the shield style USA jersey looked good originally, but it has grown on me.

member 151739

Finland
Latvia
Slovenia
Sweden
Austria

Everyone else

Our throwback one was beautiful though.

Last edited by a moderator:

HabFanInLeafLand

Jan 28, 2014
ON
I just want to know who designed them and who OK'd them? You have to think a lot of people at Nike had their hands on the creation at some point, how did no one step up and say "that is ****ing hideous"?

KingsKnight

Reset in progress
Nov 12, 2008
CA
I think I'm one of the few that like the USA whites. I still can't stand the shiny stuff on any of the jerseys, but the USA whites with the old shield crest actually look nice to me.

Hubie

Jan 18, 2010
Finland
Not a fan of the olympic jerseys this year. Don't care for the overlarge shoulder parts and the glossy things they have in them.

Lennu32

Oct 4, 2011
I liked both Finnish jerseys. Swiss too.
Russian was over the top, too much everything.

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
Before the games started, I thought the Finnish white jersey was the worse, but seeing it in action, it actually looks good, even better than their blue jersey.

I still don't like the American jerseys. I really hate their bloated shield. The American jersey's design is also too similar to Slovakia's. Likewise, Slovakia's jerseys look too similar to the US. Too similar: boring.

I first thought the red Russian jersey was nice but in action, I thought it was too busy. And what's with the stars? Can anyone explain them to me? I also still hate their double eagle-heads jerseys, especially the wings. Again, too many things are going on with the jersey.

The Canadian jersey's are ok. I prefer these Petro Canada jerseys over the ones with the Hockey Canada federation logos and definitely over the '70s and early '80s jerseys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad