Olympics: Jerseys (Part II)

KuralySnipes

Jan 7, 2011
Arlington, VA
I really wanted a Kane team USA jersey or t-shirt, I can't find one in any of my local stores. I remember seeing them in 2010, pretty weird.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
The Blue Sweden jerseys are so slick. I know Sweden prefers wearing the Gold, but the Blues always look so much better to me. The Gold ones look washed out this year. Anyone selling these yet? Not crazy about the white names, but I guess its OK with the white outline on the crest and numbers.

The Czech jerseys looked a lot better to me than they looked in the Nike pictures. I really liked the number font with the outline. The horizontal blue strip didn't bother me. Anxious to see how their colored version looks on ice.

Something seems like its missing on the Swiss jerseys. The "Suisse" on the elbows looks like one of the ads they wear in the Worlds. Not much to the jersey. Again, I like the Number font though with the black outline. Simple and easy to read.

Latvia's was pretty standard to what they usually wear. Nice looking uniform nonetheless. Their white set looked better in the official Nike photos to me. The dark socks looked hideous with the half black half maroon. We will see how they look in action.

I know I'm in the minority but I like the graphics on the shoulders. It's not like you can see them during the action or anything. It's just nice detail IMO. I think Sweden's were sharp. Maybe Switzerland could have used something to balance out their jersey.

Last edited:

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Team Slovenia Jerseys

I was wondering if anyone knew where I could buy, if they're for sale, the team Slovenia jerseys they were wearing today against Russia?

I wanted to get one with Jan Mursak's name and number on it. Seeing that he is a former Saginaw Spirit player and Detroit draftee, that type of jersey would be very welcome in my collection.

Been having a tough time finding a site that sells them. Any help would be much appreciated.

zamo86*

@wirelessflyingcord

Used in soccer too?

Yes they did until 2010 (the pictured one is from the 2010WC - away). Nowdays they are using white and light blue as two primary colours.

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
I really wanted a Kane team USA jersey or t-shirt, I can't find one in any of my local stores. I remember seeing them in 2010, pretty weird.

Dick's Sporting Goods website had some (they have more than other sites I've noticed), but the sizes were going quick.

premadonna

Oct 5, 2012
1810212.jpg

I can't believe people think that's a bad looking uniform. I think it looks great.

Shootmaster_44

Sep 10, 2005
Saskatoon
I was wondering if anyone knew where I could buy, if they're for sale, the team Slovenia jerseys they were wearing today against Russia?

I wanted to get one with Jan Mursak's name and number on it. Seeing that he is a former Saginaw Spirit player and Detroit draftee, that type of jersey would be very welcome in my collection.

Been having a tough time finding a site that sells them. Any help would be much appreciated.

The only place I can find anything is www.itaksport.com/en. But these are not Nike's nor are they twill. I wanted a blue Kopitar and emailed them and was told they aren't Nikes and all logos and numbers are screenprinted. For around $115 Canadian (including shipping), that was far too expensive for a knockoff.

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
1810212.jpg

I can't believe people think that's a bad looking uniform. I think it looks great.

I'm not too high on the white ones, but I always thought the blue ones look amazing. I just think the whites are too comparable to Slovakia's jerseys.

They definitely look better on the ice.

djboos22

Aho (insert pun)
Jan 17, 2011
Palm Bay, FL
I can honestly say that when I first saw them I thought that they were extremely ugly, but after seeing them on the ice...I thought they were really nice.

Does Dicks have the option of getting a player on it? I want Oshie

Shootmaster_44

Sep 10, 2005
Saskatoon

The site looks slightly fishy to me since they accept Western Union and Money Gram for payment. Also, Canada.com link at the top doesn't take you to the Postmedia website, but rather the homepage for that site. Lastly, their blog is empty.

The other thing is the small price difference between authentic and replica jerseys. Generally, even discounted the authentic would be far more expensive than the replica.

End on a Hinote

Registered Abuser
Aug 22, 2011
Northern British Columbia
IMO this is the first time since Salt Lake 2002 that Canada's jerseys are nicer then the US. I really like them, and I like how they were able to make a really nice jersey using only read and white. I didn't like how the Salt Lake jerseys used black stripes (a non-Canadian colour) to make the jerseys as nice as they were. Our 2010 jerseys were terrible. So bland, they looked like those $7 Team Canada "jerseys" you get in the kids clothing department at Zellers or Wal-Mart. These are a huge improvement.

Bullwine85

Jan 3, 2013
Neenah, WI
IMO this is the first time since Salt Lake 2002 that Canada's jerseys are nicer then the US. I really like them, and I like how they were able to make a really nice jersey using only read and white. I didn't like how the Salt Lake jerseys used black stripes (a non-Canadian colour) to make the jerseys as nice as they were. Our 2010 jerseys were terrible. So bland, they looked like those $7 Team Canada "jerseys" you get in the kids clothing department at Zellers or Wal-Mart. These are a huge improvement.

The Canada jerseys have grown on me, but I can't get past that white armband/stripe thingy that's only on one arm. Would be a LOT better if it was either on both arms, or not there at all.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Thinking of getting a Doughty Team Canada jersey, doubt I want the red ones though. I'm mostly leaning towards white at this point, but could get dirty pretty easily.

OOEEL

Apr 9, 2012
Arizona
Hope I don't get slaughtered for not drudging through all 40 pages of the last thread, but is there anywhere to order a Russian white jersey or either of the Swedish jerseys that would ship to the US?

And for customization are they done through that site or would I have to get it and then ship it back out to another site?

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Sweden by far has the best jersey of the tournament. The full blue uniform looks amazing. I know people tend to rag on jerseys that are too simple (see Sharks new uniform), but I think Sweden's blue uniform looks better simplified with stripes only on the waist and not the arms.

hi-res-2e95592288070734d5f7f33711b22962_crop_north.jpg

Canada's uniform is disappointing. Asymmetric jerseys rarely look good. The stripe being only on one arm, the white part not extending to the back.....it's not as bad as the Sabres new third, but it lacks flow. The black one looks good on fans wearing it in the stands, I just don't really like how asymmetrical jerseys look on the ice.

I hate to say it, but the US jerseys are nice.

River City Sports has the authentic version of the Team Canada jerseys...............only 450.

Does anybody in Canada remember if/how heavily Team Canada jerseys were discounted at places like Sportschek or Sports Experts after the 2010 Olympics concluded?

eme

Oct 22, 2006
Helsinki
I'm positively surprised about the Finlands jersey. Not great, but a lot better than I expected after the initial release.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I'm positively surprised about the Finlands jersey. Not great, but a lot better than I expected after the initial release.

Yeah it looks good with the numbers and lettering.

Still skeptical of the blues.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Canada's jerseys are bad. One poster said it well, the should graphics on the canadian jersey looks like sweats stains :laugh:

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
The only place I can find anything is www.itaksport.com/en. But these are not Nike's nor are they twill. I wanted a blue Kopitar and emailed them and was told they aren't Nikes and all logos and numbers are screenprinted. For around $115 Canadian (including shipping), that was far too expensive for a knockoff.

Yeah I found that site too but I noticed that the color of the numbers on the white jerseys was wrong, so it didn't seem to legit to me.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
1810212.jpg

All the press on crap on the shoulders it what makes them look cheap. I don't think they're bad per se, but also the shoulder numbers are hard to see from the TV camera, either due to their size or placement. Otherwise they are nice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad