Jersey Tossing

KMart27

Jun 9, 2013
Throwing hats on the ice for getting something you want isnt juvenile?
I have the count at 3 jerseys and a hoodie so far. Care to wager that this hasn't happened after every loss?

Throwing hats on the ice after a hat trick is nothing like throwing a jersey on the ice after a loss. I realize it hasn't happened after every loss but we are one for one so far this season. What is the criteria that decides a loss worthy of a jersey tossing and a loss that doesn't deserve it?

Ah.....win some games?

How many games though? It seems like a lot of people are already giving up on this season.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
That would be the silliest thing of all. Pretty sure you're not advocating it but banning a fan for tossing a jersey would be lol hysterics. What would they do to people who boo? Taser them..

Yeah you're right, not advocating nor cheering on the Oilers for potentially taking such a stance...just looking at the situation as dispassionately as I can. Looking at past history of this franchise, that's how I'd predict their response to be. I'm hoping to be my usual incorrect self.

Jeff Lebowski

Jan 12, 2008
Did someone throw a jersey on the ice after one game? A game where we badly outplayed the other team and got 40 shots on net? A little premature.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Yeah you're right, not advocating nor cheering on the Oilers for potentially taking such a stance...just looking at the situation as dispassionately as I can. Looking at past history of this franchise, that's how I'd predict their response to be. I'm hoping to be my usual incorrect self.

No, worries, all tongue and cheek on both our parts. enjoy the day.

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
Maybe throw flowers at those lil *****es after a loss.
Now that would be easy to sneak in, embarrassing and noticed around the world if the ice got covered in flowers after a loss

I like this idea, maybe a nice bouquet of Pansies!

Titsuple

Jun 23, 2009
edmonton
Its a new season with new players and some new coaches. Every year should start with a clean slate. If I see someone throwing there jersey or anything on the ice prepare to throw down cause i am a comin for ya!! I dont give a frac if I get thrown out of rexal I cant take these loser half arsed fans anymore.

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
Your first comment is just dumb. Throwing something on the ice because you didn't get what you wanted is juvenile. Did you think this team was going to go 82-0? Should somebody throw a jersey on the ice after every loss? What does the team need to do for the jersey tossing to end?

What do you think the jersey tossing has accomplished? Nobody is happy with the losing. Everybody can see that the team has sucked for years and they know the fans are displeased. Throwing a jersey on the ice every time somebody doesn't like a result isn't going to change anything. If a season ticket holder wants to keep their tickets and show their displeasure, I am sure there are more mature ways of doing it.

Make some real changes at the top. No more nepotism. Hire some real scouts, not recycled ole Oilers that have taken a thousand shots too many to the head.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
When you are at the game it's easy to see the attitude of most fans is pretty poor and in general has groin into a negative environment. I know it sounds idiotic but if the building went nuts and that continued positive environment was provided we would see some life in this squad.

And a capable coach would help tremendously as we'll.
********. The building was load and hopping in the first period and the Oilers gave up two quick goals at the start. It got loud again after the team tied it up and into the third period. There was a lot of positivity in that rink and it didn't seem to inspire that team.

I agree the negativity doesn't help but it isn't as if that's what the mood was from the beginning. People want to cheer hard for this team.

This team plays like crap because they are crap. That's on Katz, Lowe, Mactavish and Eakins not the fans.

McOvechking

Apr 28, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
********. The building was load and hopping in the first period and the Oilers gave up two quick goals at the start. It got loud again after the team tied it up and into the third period. There was a lot of positivity in that rink and it didn't seem to inspire that team.

I agree the negativity doesn't help but it isn't as if that's what the mood was from the beginning. People want to cheer hard for this team.

This team plays like crap because they are crap. That's on Katz, Lowe, Mactavish and Eakins not the fans.

I completely agree. Our fans have been nothing but supportive for this abysmal team the last 5 years. If a few guys want to waste their $200 by throwing jerseys on the ice, then good. It's an effective, symbolic way of showing our displeasure with the organization. They don't deserve our respect or our gratitude anymore.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Did someone throw a jersey on the ice after one game? A game where we badly outplayed the other team and got 40 shots on net? A little premature.
and then collapsed like they usually do. There were some positives in the game but then they fell back like so many times before

Agreed.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
I don't mind it one bit. If people think it's embarrassing, good, it should be. This team has been an ungodly embarrassment for the better part of a decade. What really gets me mad is when the team, or the fartcatcher media blame the fans for why the team is so terrible. They can **** right off with that garbage.

Agreed. It should feel embarrassing, and if some people feel it's disrespectful to the players that are giving a proper effort on the ice, maybe it should inspire those players to take the ones that are half assing it and pull them aside and knock some sense into them. Every night there are more passengers than drivers with this team.

We've seen crappy Oiler teams before, but at least in the early 90's it was simply a case of lacking talent. Dougie Weight never took a night off and his less talented supporting cast followed suit. Now, whether it's attention to detail or plain effort, we never seem to have more than a handful of players firing on all cylinders. That's the sad part. But how can you expect accountability to present itself anywhere in this organization? If it doesn't exist in upper management, why would the players ever acknowledge any type of consequence.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Throwing hats on the ice after a hat trick is nothing like throwing a jersey on the ice after a loss. I realize it hasn't happened after every loss but we are one for one so far this season. What is the criteria that decides a loss worthy of a jersey tossing and a loss that doesn't deserve it?
Getting blown out in the season home opener, versus a historical rival, with Oiler hall of famers in the building.

flashy

In the name of Kane.
Dec 17, 2009
Edmonton
I love it, and will continue to support anybody that does it.
As long as it abides by two conditions
1. Not during a play
2. we're actually losing or have lost

I'm so sick of this "real fan" BS that gets talk about on here. Its complete garbage, what makes you any more a fan than a person who throws there jersey on the ice? You can control your temper more? Great, some people are clearly frustrated with how the last 8 years have gone, then combine that with paying 150-200$ and I think its understandable.

Secondly, "ban them for life". Talk about an overreaction. If they did it in the middle of a play, fine I agree with them getting kicked out, but even then, a life time ban? For what? throwing some fabric and it hurts some feelings? Lets get those mandatory life sentences for theft suited up boys!!

Clearly the strategy of pampering these guys has not worked, multiple coaches, GM's, has not worked. Every time a jersey is thrown, it forces the players and the media to actually confront the elephant in the room. Enough of this softball question ********, why does this team suck?

DavidHasselhoffsFist

Seen some dark places, but always pop back out!
May 9, 2010
If I am near the next jersey tosser be warned that this is a blue collar city and I'm a blue collared man
I'm going to lay you the **** out #stadium beer

Proud to be a oiler fan

Last edited:

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
If I am near the next jersey tosser be warned that this is s blue collar city and I'm a blue collared man
I'm going to lay you the **** out #stadium beer

Proud to be a oiler fan
I'm sure the guy that was brave enough to show his dissatisfaction at yet another cluster**** performance in front of 17,000 people is going to think twice about the "forum goons" warning.
Sit on your hands and say nothing about a pathetic team like the white collar fans in Calgary did from 1997-2003

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
5-2 without an empty net goal or two. They were outscored 4-0 five versus 5. They were blown out.

They hit the post 6 times to Flames zero... We hit a hot goalie, didn't capatalize on chances while they scored on all of theirs. I didn't see Sharks fans throwing jersey's after Scrivens shut them out and lost 5-0 on home ice to the worst team in the league...

At this point you're just seeing what you want to see.

A few gaffes here or there in the first game of the year doesn't really mean much. Literally every team in the league makes defensive errors. Usually though you have a goaltender that comes in a stops half of those errors from being a goal against.

I'm sure you guys will be right happy and totally pleased with the teams effort the next time we get outshot by more than double and Scrivens makes 45 saves, and we eak out a 3 goal win by pure luck.

mangdas

May 2, 2013
Edmonton
Not a big deal. Just one random idiot. I think anyone watching the game can see the noticeable improvement of the Oilers (minus their horrid defense coverage from time to time).

FunkyChicken

Jul 24, 2003
People are way too sensitive over these jersey tossing incidents. You paid for your tickets, you've paid for your jersey...if you are so disgusted after the game that you you need to discard your jersey on the ice when it affects nobody, go ahead. At the same time you should also excuse yourself from attending further Oilers games.

Kind of disappointed the Oilers don't run with this and have a jersey toss night for charity like the teddy bear toss.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Not a big deal. Just one random idiot. I think anyone watching the game can see the noticeable improvement of the Oilers (minus their horrid defense coverage from time to time).

There wasn't really much of an improvement as horrid defensive coverage has been an ongoing issue, especially under Eakins.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad