Jersey and overall branding thread P1

Should we enter a new era of jersey/branding scheme?

• I simply do not care about jerseys/branding and I hate peen

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
They’re wearing the skate jersey so much now I’m actually wondering if they’re going this route now. It feels like every home game now
It's a way to sell the skate jersey. Felt that they wore the rink logo jerseys a lot when they brought them back as well.

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
Many, including I, like the skate because it reminds us of an overachieving, tough, honest team full of heart. The colours are unique as well. However, the graphic and colours have nothing to do with the team name or city.

Orcas and blue/green absolutely resonate with the city. It has nothing to do with ‘Canucks’ but then what does? Stink in rink and spaghetti skate have nothing to do with the city or the name ‘Canucks’, so I wouldn’t go with that.

so basically, we could either put a Johnny Canuck on the jersey and identify with lumberjacks, or we can stick with the orca and current colour scheme and try to improve it (for example with authentic and non-appropriated native art). Our past oddities stink n rink and spaghetti skate can continue to sprinkle in as 3rds.

I would like to see the white skate as a third at some point. Had one as a kid and loved it.

Reactions: Red

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Many, including I, like the skate because it reminds us of an overachieving, tough, honest team full of heart. The colours are unique as well. However, the graphic and colours have nothing to do with the team name or city.

Orcas and blue/green absolutely resonate with the city. It has nothing to do with ‘Canucks’ but then what does? Stink in rink and spaghetti skate have nothing to do with the city or the name ‘Canucks’, so I wouldn’t go with that.

so basically, we could either put a Johnny Canuck on the jersey and identify with lumberjacks, or we can stick with the orca and current colour scheme and try to improve it (for example with authentic and non-appropriated native art). Our past oddities stink n rink and spaghetti skate can continue to sprinkle in as 3rds.

I would like to see the white skate as a third at some point. Had one as a kid and loved it.
Think you summed up how poor the canucks jersey/logos have been. No consistent theme throughout. Unlike Kings/Sabres that at least have a crown/buffalo in their other logos through the years.
Feels like they missed out on the Lumberjack theme, now that the Giants have used that.

Can't keep changing it. Have to stick with 1 theme.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I can’t get enough of the Matte black helmets
Love it

Now , Want to see the skate jersey in white being brought into mix.
With matte white helmets or maybe just stick with matte black helmets for those too.

IMG_9152.jpeg

😍

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2018
One could argue a Black, red, yellow, white theme could represent the mountains with snow and a sunset/sunrise.

I personally think the mountains are what makes Vancouver so beautiful and the black/white skate jersey does represent the city/culture just as much as the blue and green.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
View attachment 786366
View attachment 786368
This is the two retros that haven't been brought out yet.
They're not as basic as they seem with great colours.

I feel like they already paid homage to this era with the Johnny Canuck Reverse Retros last year, but I agree, this is fertile ground.

I feel like our next Reverse Retro (if the league does it again next year) is going to be something around the Stick in Rink or the Flying V.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Now , Want to see the skate jersey in white being brought into mix.
With matte white helmets or maybe just stick with matte black helmets for those too.

Absolutely, unequivocally no one would give one fossilized shit about that Halloween-coded set of mediocrity had 1994 not occurred. The best thing about it is the number/nameplate font and style.

All that said, the white is clearly the better option.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site

Nostalgia aside, and personally my nostalgia comes after the skate jersey, there's just something iconic about that colour scheme and logo. Even though the current jersey's better represent Vancouver, the colours are pretty common in team sports. The old black red & gold skate logo really felt unique.

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
Nostalgia aside, and personally my nostalgia comes after the skate jersey, there's just something iconic about that colour scheme and logo. Even though the current jersey's better represent Vancouver, the colours are pretty common in team sports. The old black red & gold skate logo really felt unique.
I'd argue the Canucks had a unique color scheme when it was black, orange and gold. Once they switched to red and yellow it's one of the more common combinations out there in team sports, and the Calgary Flames' horse jerseys now just look like the better-hued version of what the Canucks are doing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad