Jersey and overall branding thread P1

Should we enter a new era of jersey/branding scheme?

• I simply do not care about jerseys/branding and I hate peen

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Does anyone else feel like we should mark a new era in team history with new jerseys, color schemes, overall branding etc? I believe they should really modernize things. Our shit looks so bland relative to what the Kraken and Golden Knights are doing.

Saw this fan mock on twitter and tried to find a thread but realized we don’t have a specific thread for it

I also saw on twitter a week ago that there were some new seats they had that they are testing? Finally, a decade overdue, they may be moving on from the outdated reds.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
They’ve had 3 logos and 3 different color sets.

Didn’t nail it ever.

Aside from maybe the indigenous community not wanting indigenous inspired logos anymore I don’t see them changing logos.

Reactions: TruKnyte

AppleHoneySauce

Apr 26, 2021
I dont know if the team would do a rebrand after just moving the ahl team and tying the branding to each other so much. I think it would be interesting though. Perhaps as a test we could have a retro 3rd and a new school 4th. Try to find something that really connects with fans.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I dont know if the team would do a rebrand after just moving the ahl team and tying the branding to each other so much. I think it would be interesting though. Perhaps as a test we could have a retro 3rd and a new school 4th. Try to find something that really connects with fans.
I think that's been their biggest problem. They have struggled to connect with the fanbase in every attempt they make unless it's a modernized Adidas throwback.

Because of that, I don't think they should be incredibly tied to what they have. Also, those Abby uniforms are shit and their branding was hella f***ing lazy.

I wonder if all this will be revisited over this upcoming summer when they completely overhaul every department in the organization.

AppleHoneySauce

Apr 26, 2021
Actually remember when the team announced something happening/announced new years that followed demko wearing black pads? What ever happened that?

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
Least favourite jerseys are the Kraken and Golden Knights... I don't think many fans want a return to the jerseys Messier wore.. I'd like to see the orca gone but it's been around a long time now so good luck with that. It obviously appropriates native culture but they've gotten away with it even though fans initially did not like it.

Bures Elbow

Nov 2, 2013
Black skate jersey was the best jersey this franchise ever had, when they've worn it the last few years the reactions have been extremely positive. Need to wear it more often.

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
Does anyone else feel like we should mark a new era in team history with new jerseys, color schemes, overall branding etc? I believe they should really modernize things. Our shit looks so bland relative to what the Kraken and Golden Knights are doing.

Saw this fan mock on twitter and tried to find a thread but realized we don’t have a specific thread for it

I also saw on twitter a week ago that there were some new seats they had that they are testing? Finally, a decade overdue, they may be moving on from the outdated reds.

I don't want new logos/branding at all. In fact I'd like to take a page out of Buffalo's book and go back to the beginning - the stick in rink jerseys and logo as the primary.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I don't want new logos/branding at all. In fact I'd like to take a page out of Buffalo's book and go back to the beginning - the stick in rink jerseys and logo as the primary.

We're one of the few teams that have stuck with our crappy '90s logo. Almost every other team that re-branded in that decade have changed back.

Buffalo back to blue/yellow and original logo.
Islanders back to original colours/logo.
Penguins back to original logo.
Flames back to original colours/logo.
Oilers back to original colours/logo.
Capitals back to original colours/near-original logo.
Boston has ditched the mustard yellow atrocities with the bear on the front.
St. Louis put red in their unis for a few years in the '90s, quickly ditched that.
LA has gone back to black/silver.

We're pretty much the only team persisting with a '90s-generated logo, outside of teams that joined the NHL in the 1990s.

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
We're one of the few teams that have stuck with our crappy '90s logo. Almost every other team that re-branded in that decade have changed back.

Buffalo back to blue/yellow and original logo.
Islanders back to original colours/logo.
Penguins back to original logo.
Flames back to original colours/logo.
Oilers back to original colours/logo.
Capitals back to original colours/near-original logo.
Boston has ditched the mustard yellow atrocities with the bear on the front.
St. Louis put red in their unis for a few years in the '90s, quickly ditched that.
LA has gone back to black/silver.

We're pretty much the only team persisting with a '90s-generated logo, outside of teams that joined the NHL in the 1990s.
Right, I really don't get it. CSE isn't even called Orca Bay anymore. The logo feels so irrelevant.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Right, I really don't get it. CSE isn't even called Orca Bay anymore. The logo feels so irrelevant.

It's basically the 1990s corporate branding of bad American ownership we had 25 years ago.

It doesn't have anything to do with the team name and the logo colours don't match the uniform colours. I hate it.

I'd love to go back to basically our exact original uniform colours as the primary and then the stick/rink uniform and colours as the alternate. And just freaking stick with that.

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
i like that our orca logo has an indigenous feel to it, even if it's technically appropriation. i say we keep it.

if the canucks use johnny canuck as the main logo i might stop watching the team

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
while the orca logo is bland and boring the skate and the stick in rink both look like children doodled them while bored in class

johnny canuck is also lazy and has nothing to do with the team

i'd be down for a complete rebrand up to and including the name. other than the jets (whose branding is borderline offensive) and the flyers (who have the ugliest kit in the big four north american sports but at least have tradition as an excuse) the canucks have the worst branding in the league

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
What is a canuck? Is there a clear image of one? Was it supposed to be lumberjack? Think that option went out the window once the giants used something similar as their logo.

Stick and rink would be viable if they accomplished anything in them. But no.
Is the black skate really that great or just because it hasn’t been used in 25 years that people say oh it’s something different.

Orca logo, meh.

This isn’t the sharks, Kings, ducks, who have changed logos. They have a clear idea of what their name represents.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
The orca is atrocious and one of the woat logos i cannot wait for it to gtfo, its almost always looked stupid. Atleast our other logos were good to great at one point.

Switch to either the skate ,the stick, or I wouldn't mind a hypothetical new owner changing the name too tbh. As long as its not something new age and stupid like kraken or storm or whatever.

Barring something that extreme I still think theyre dumb as hell not to get an indigenous artist(s) to design a new whale logo (or a bear, thunderbird, salmon? etc as canucks is ambiguous enough), add some nice matching trim, and have the best sweaters in the league by a mile. In either colorway or a new one, the possibilities are numerous.

Reactions: andora

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The orca is atrocious and one of the woat logos i cannot wait for it to gtfo, its almost always looked stupid. Atleast our other logos were good to great at one point.

Switch to either the skate ,the stick, or I wouldn't mind a hypothetical new owner changing the name too tbh. As long as its not something new age and stupid like kraken or storm or whatever.

Barring something that extreme I still think theyre dumb as hell not to get an indigenous artist(s) to design a new whale logo (or a bear, thunderbird, salmon? etc as canucks is ambiguous enough), add some nice matching trim, and have the best sweaters in the league by a mile. In either colorway or a new one, the possibilities are numerous.
New name, unlikely. So hard to come up with a new name with all of the trademark issues. Even the Washington Commanders don't have their full trademarks. That came up this past May. Why Vegas needed to be Golden Knights.

Can see a new logo should someone much wealthier buys the team as that is the only way an NBA team could ever return to Vancouver. Price tag is going to be $4 billion for expansion given that was the valuation of the Suns when they sold and Seattle and LV are expected to be the 2 expansion teams. So, they are going to be at least valued at what the Bucks sold for at $3.5 billion, but $4 billion is the likely target.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Just go full random at this point. 3+ lotteries before every game, lets get random mishmashes of
Blue, green, white. Or black, yellow, red. Or navy blue, burgandy, silver.
Stick in rink, or skate, or orca, or THE V

kylek023

Oct 22, 2021
Toronto, Ontario
I think they should just keep the current one and this is coming from a guy who prefers the original Stick-in-Rink and the flying skate.

The Stick-in-Rink doesn't seem to be popular with most people and they find is "dull" and "boring." It was also during the time where they didn't accomplish anything.

The flying skate is a popular alternative for many reason (legends wore it, made it to the finals, cool looking) but the colour completely clash with current colour (and technically the original one) and the colour of the city.

CanuckleBerry

Benning Survivor
Sep 27, 2017
New Westminster
It doesn't have anything to do with the team name and the logo colours don't match the uniform colours. I hate it.
Yes. The more time goes on, the less cohesive I find the logo and uniform. The allure of the Sedin peak years perhaps held some affection for it, but that has long faded now. It’s objectively just bad design.
I'd love to go back to basically our exact original uniform colours as the primary and then the stick/rink uniform and colours as the alternate. And just freaking stick with that.

Not sure I quite understand, what is the difference between the original uniform colours and the stick/rink alternate? Is that not the same thing?

Aside, I agree with you. I think they should go back to the stick/rink uniform. The simplicity turns some people off, but I’ve never understood that. You can’t tell me it’s more simple than the lauded original six logos like the Maple Leafs, Habs, Rangers and Bruins. At least to me the redesigned stick and rink from recent years sharpens and moderns it up but keeps a hockey identity. Better yet, pair it with the colours of the Johnny Canuck reverse retro and I think you’ve got a solid Hockey look.

Reactions: Jay26

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
1697785035633.png

The current jersey looks like a soda can and I honestly dont like it.

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
Yes. The more time goes on, the less cohesive I find the logo and uniform. The allure of the Sedin peak years perhaps held some affection for it, but that has long faded now. It’s objectively just bad design.

Not sure I quite understand, what is the difference between the original uniform colours and the stick/rink alternate? Is that not the same thing?

Aside, I agree with you. I think they should go back to the stick/rink uniform. The simplicity turns some people off, but I’ve never understood that. You can’t tell me it’s more simple than the lauded original six logos like the Maple Leafs, Habs, Rangers and Bruins. At least to me the redesigned stick and rink from recent years sharpens and moderns it up but keeps a hockey identity. Better yet, pair it with the colours of the Johnny Canuck reverse retro and I think you’ve got a solid Hockey look.
Exactly! Was going to say the same thing. Simple is good. Simple is classic. Simple is timeless.

Reactions: CanuckleBerry

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad