News Article: Jeremy White's rant

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
They have a long road ahead. Eichel is a stud, ROR is amazing too. But the D is awful, and their veterans don't seem to bring the right kind of mentality to that locker room.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
What a goofy rant.

I found it humorous.

I can't recall the fanbase, or this media, hating on another city / team when they were trash.

It's fun that people are taking notice of the Leafs.

I think their frustration is propagated by the fact that they lost out on both Matthews AND McDavid - McDavid being the sore one because they finished last in his draft year, well behind everyone else

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
I agree plus I dont think Lehner is a number 1 goalie

They were 5th in team save percentage this year and 11th last year so I don't think that's as big of a problem as it may seem. It will be interesting to see how their new management situation unfolds because things seem to have been pretty messy for the last few months.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
They were 5th in team save percentage this year and 11th last year so I don't think that's as big of a problem as it may seem. It will be interesting to see how their new management situation unfolds because things seem to have been pretty messy for the last few months.

On the other hand, their Rel.xFSv% has Lehner underperforming compared to the average goaltender. They've done a pretty good job of protecting their goaltender. Not a great job by their forwards supporting the defense though, and the defense has struggled in their transition game.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!

Interesting thanks for that, I just dont see him as a true number 1, but I guess numbers dont lie

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto

It hasn't been that long since Reimer and the Leafs had solid save % numbers, has it?

Top-10 in 2012 and 2013 according to SportingCharts. Reimer is still a back-up, save percentages those seasons be damned.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it means nothing without more context.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
What a goofy rant.

I found it humorous.

I can't recall the fanbase, or this media, hating on another city / team when they were trash.

It's fun that people are taking notice of the Leafs.

I think their frustration is propagated by the fact that they lost out on both Matthews AND McDavid - McDavid being the sore one because they finished last in his draft year, well behind everyone else

Ekbald you mean?

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
It hasn't been that long since Reimer and the Leafs had solid save % numbers, has it?

Top-10 in 2012 and 2013 according to SportingCharts. Reimer is still a back-up, save percentages those seasons be damned.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it means nothing without more context.

What context do you really need surrounding a decent SV% on a goalie who played in front of a bad team?

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
What context do you really need surrounding a decent SV% on a goalie who played in front of a bad team?

That's for the statistical community to figure out, but I'm not going to argue that Reimer is a #1 goalie even though he had similiar numbers to Lehner, whom, it is being argued, is a #1 goalie on the basis of his save % numbers.

Hence the need for context if you are to differentiate the two and argue one is a #1 and the other (Reimer) is not, considering they both had their share of seasons with save %s in the .920s.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad