Jeremy Roenick done on NBC

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
You left out this part:

"what he said is completely unacceptable, especially among workplace colleagues. I do not condone his comments."

They may still be friends but she clearly condemned what he said.

It was typical response that she was probably made to make on behalf of NBC or Korea importantly NBC lawyers.

And the reason the would tell her is if you dont condemn this it will only get worse for females bin your position and men will think it bbn is acceptable ect ect ect .....

The world has become a sad place

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I didn’t think he was good at his job, they could have found somebody better for that reason instead of virtue twerking hypocritically as a network about what he said on a moral level- that said, he danced with the devil and should have known how that works. At least he should have enough in the bank for this to not really matter.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
What he said was unprofessional and flat out unacceptable and he deserves to be shown the door.

For all those who think this is no big deal, it most certainly is as these types of comments are not permissible in 99% of workplaces in the US. They've also cost companies millions for sweeping it under the rug like many posters here are doing.

Just because Tappen or Sharp haven't commented publicly doesn't mean they are ok with what he said. Their feelings are theirs and quite frankly it isn't anyone's business but HR, Legal and JR.

You can say what you want doesn't mean that there aren't consequences that follow. JR just found that out.

BrokenFace

Aug 15, 2010
STL
I mean, the fact Tappen didnt come out and try and defend his actions at all kind of says it all, right?
It means she doesn't want to upset her bosses. You know NBC wants to deal with this professionally and discretely. Tappen taking it public might cost her her job, and her backup plan to this job wouldn't be as cushy as JR's

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Ronick-crying.jpg
Whats the story behind this

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
It means she doesn't want to upset her bosses. You know NBC wants to deal with this professionally and discretely. Tappen taking it public might cost her her job, and her backup plan to this job wouldn't be as cushy as JR's

NBC wouldnt fire her for that. Think of that massive backlash.

The limbs some are going out on to defend his actions are mind boggling.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
She doesnt defend him. She in fact does the opposite. What leads you to believe shes doing that to keep her job?
Bro, either your or my reading comprehension needs some work. Or maybe both. You said she doesn't defend him so it says it all. I said she doesn't defend him because she's afraid to lose the job, not because she's offended or doesn't like him. Does this clear the air now?

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
what exactly happened?

JR was a guest on Spittin Chiclets podcast hosted by Biz and Ryan Whitney and said that he was recently on vacation with his wife and KT and made some dumb jokes about how he thought he was a hotshot on vacation with two hot blondes that he was taking back to his room later to bone.

The thing is Spittin Chiclets is a part of the Barstool network which exists on it's own spectrum and due to the audience they attract this type of stuff is tolerated, if not encouraged. Biz goes on and on about every woman he ever slept with and refers to them as "kills", which is a horrible thing to say about women and much worse than what JR said. Hes at least stopped since that episode.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I can't stand Roenick as a person or as a broadcaster, so I won't miss him at all. But he didn't say anything wrong and his firing is another sad win for the censorship pushed on to society by the hurt feelings brigade.

Reactions: Garyboy and Kimota

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I mean he wasn't very good at his job in the first place. Now someone needs to find some dirt on Milbury to get him out of there because his awful ass also needs to go and it doesn't seem like anything else will get him replaced.

I'm still not sure he should've lost his job for the comments though. Cringeworthy ? Sure . Fireable offense ? I don't think so.

But oh well i won't miss him , so i take it.

Reactions: WillyNy

BrokenFace

Aug 15, 2010
STL
I didn’t think he was good at his job, they could have found somebody better for that reason instead of virtue twerking hypocritically as a network about what he said on a moral level- that said, he danced with the devil and should have known how that works. At least he should have enough in the bank for this to not really matter.

I don't see NBC bragging about how progressive they are here. They're just covering their rears. What other choice do they have? What if Tappen gets fired/replaced in 2 years and is bitter enough to go after NBC afterwards? NBC has to consider that. This is basic workplace stuff. You can complain about NBC being so sterile, safe, and risk averse here, but what do you expect from a major corporation?

JR is not going to jail and his career isn't over. He just can't work at the workplace in which he made comments in public about how sexy he thinks some co-workers are.

Reactions: Bocephus86

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
What shocks me more is how Milbury still has a job and JR doesn't...

But I think JR should start his own podcast similar to Spittin Chiclets. If he's solo and has guests or does it with a friend which I'd hope is an ex-NHLer, then I think it's bound to be a smash hit.

Reactions: Bostonzamboni

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I mean, the fact Tappen didnt come out and try and defend his actions at all kind of says it all, right?
It really does. I don't think Tappen was throwing her colleague and friend under the bus for any of the reasons I have seen so far in this thread.

If this was something that was out of context or whatever, Tappen almost assuredly would have come to his defense. Even as a long time fan of JR, the fact that Tappen not only didn't defend him, but went as far as to condemn his comments, tells me everything I need to know about this situation.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Even when JR was just a guest on some panel everything out of his mouth is cringe. He runs out of steam quick.

BrokenFace

Aug 15, 2010
STL
NBC wouldnt fire her for that. Think of that massive backlash.

The limbs some are going out on to defend his actions are mind boggling.
I'm not defending JR's actions at all. I'm simply saying I'm not assuming what Tappen thinks based upon her lack of public comment.

Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
JR, in the interview goes out of his way to mention how professional Tappen is. He said she works very hard to make it known that she has that job because of her skillset, and not because she's just a pretty face. Then he goes on to say how smokin hot she is, and how good she looks in the pool. It's demeaning to her for the exact reasons that he said make her a good host. it's unprofessional. You just don't air that stuff out.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
"What a joke" he says lmfao

Don't say you wanna have a threesome with your female coworker publicly ya weirdo
Wasn't the lady in question his wife's best friend and someone who they always went on vacations with? Guess she was just "friends" with them to get ahead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad