Jeremy Colliton Thread 2

Fire Stan Bowman

May 28, 2019
He can dress them, and then tell them to plant their ass on the bench for the game, or a period, or whatever he wants to do. Hell, if it were me, that's exactly how I'd do it. They wouldn't be healthy scratched. They'd be forced to show up, get dressed, go through warmups, then at the start of period one it would be "Hey Toews, sit your ass down at the end there until you're ready to set an example."
lol i can't believe toews is becoming the scapegoat here. this team is dog shit I dont see any difference in toews effort. hes not in his early 20s anymore and he isnt as fast. he needs guys on his wing who can help pick up some defensive slack and win some board battles

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
lol i can't believe toews is becoming the scapegoat here. this team is dog **** I dont see any difference in toews effort. hes not in his early 20s anymore and he isnt as fast. he needs guys on his wing who can help pick up some defensive slack and win some board battles

:facepalm: It all starts with the captain... it has nothing to do with scapegoating him, but he has been abysmal for 75% of their games to this point. When the players are performing poorly, it falls on his shoulders first out of all of them. I wasn't saying you only bench him, you start with him, though.

Last edited:

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
lol i can't believe toews is becoming the scapegoat here. this team is dog **** I dont see any difference in toews effort. hes not in his early 20s anymore and he isnt as fast. he needs guys on his wing who can help pick up some defensive slack and win some board battles

Exactly, the whole team is garbage, I love how the scape goat is always Toews or Seabrook and never Stan the Man, Seabrook is garbage no doubt but whos the one who gave him the contract?

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
:facepalm: It all starts with the captain... it has nothing to do with scapegoating him, but he has been abysmal for 75% of their games to this point. When the players are performing poorly, it falls on his shoulders first out of all of them. I wasn't saying you only bench him, you start with him, though.

These are grown professionals, Toews is not their dad, its not look at captain if captain do good me do good too, does he have some influence sure but this whole idea that if your captain is good so is everyone else is stupid, what happened last year? He had a career year, where was everyone else? By your logic the team should have done something great or at the least make the playoffs. Truth is no matter how Toews is this year that wont change anything, this team will still suck so lets stop with these imaginary theories so goes Toew so go the Hawks stuff its been overplayed for years. I dont blame Toews, when he sees an incompetent clueless GM compulsively destroying this team offseason after offseason I would just coast too and take my money, why put int he effort and destroy my body so the team can miss the playoffs by 5 points instead of 15??? Its all the same ****

Fire Stan Bowman

May 28, 2019
Exactly, the whole team is garbage, I love how the scape goat is always Toews or Seabrook and never Stan the Man, Seabrook is garbage no doubt but whos the one who gave him the contract?
the best part is before they were saying it's not the coaches fault if they come out flat, but now they are trying to blame it on toews.. these players are not accepting losing, that's why they are so pissed off. these players have always busted their asses.. they're upset because if they don't play like allstars each game this team has no chance of winning

Betelgeuse

Sep 21, 2018
Eh, calling that JC gets more leash due to his age. Usually when people hire a young gun, it's because they see something in that person that can be developed over time.

I made all of that up but it's my guess.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Dude holy f***. Name one person that hasn’t blamed Stan for the Seabrook contract. Literally everyone is blaming management right now. This whole “no blame for Stan” stickt that the negative crowd is doing right now is just as annoying as the team on the ice.

More than one person can be at fault. Just because people are saying Toews/Seabrook sucks I don’t know why in your head you associate that as an excuse for Stan. Absolving Toews and just blaming Stan would be even dumber. Toews needs to be much better too.

No matter how much you want it to, the blame for this season does not fall at the foot of one person.

Last edited:

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
These are grown professionals, Toews is not their dad, its not look at captain if captain do good me do good too, does he have some influence sure but this whole idea that if your captain is good so is everyone else is stupid, what happened last year? He had a career year, where was everyone else? By your logic the team should have done something great or at the least make the playoffs. Truth is no matter how Toews is this year that wont change anything, this team will still suck so lets stop with these imaginary theories so goes Toew so go the Hawks stuff its been overplayed for years. I dont blame Toews, when he sees an incompetent clueless GM compulsively destroying this team offseason after offseason I would just coast too and take my money, why put int he effort and destroy my body so the team can miss the playoffs by 5 points instead of 15??? Its all the same ****

Lol.

6 month "break" same old Blackhawks... just can't read.

This has NOTHING to do with "The Hawks go as Toews goes". And I never said that in my post, did I? You start out by benching the captain because it sends the message to EVERYONE that NO ONE is above reproach, not even Toews. Did I really have to explain that? :facepalm:

Last edited:

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
We also have this little problem with Patrick Kane. He makes other top 6 forwards worse by playing with them.
The Hawks were at their best when Kane was playing with Andrew Shaw and Michal Handzus.
Every player with top 6 talent plays better away from Kane than with him. Even Panarin got better after he got traded.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
We also have this little problem with Patrick Kane. He makes other top 6 forwards worse by playing with them.
The Hawks were at their best when Kane was playing with Andrew Shaw and Michal Handzus.
Every player with top 6 talent plays better away from Kane than with him. Even Panarin got better after he got traded.

They defer to him. At least when 2015 Kris Versteeg deferred it was usually the right play. A guy like Strome constantly deferring is probably not good for his development, like it wasn't for Panarin and Schmaltz

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Statistically looking at what the Penguins are doing defensively so far is incredible. They definitely don’t have an ultra talented roster this year AND Sid & Geno have missed significant time due to injuries.

Sullivan is somehow able to get that rag tag group together to play great hockey. I wish JC was able to do the same.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Statistically looking at what the Penguins are doing defensively so far is incredible. They definitely don’t have an ultra talented roster this year AND Sid & Geno have missed significant time due to injuries.

Sullivan is somehow able to get that rag tag group together to play great hockey. I wish JC was able to do the same.

Agree. There are plenty of teams around the league doing more with arguable a lesser talented group...Isles, Vegas (defense is average)...they play a great team game, this Hawks team is abysmal in that regard...This year is like the perfect storm of injuries, big down years from players that produced a lot last year and dysfunctional coaching

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Agree. There are plenty of teams around the league doing more with arguable a lesser talented group...Isles, Vegas (defense is average)...they play a great team game, this Hawks team is abysmal in that regard...This year is like the perfect storm of injuries, big down years from players that produced a lot last year and dysfunctional coaching

Even if the core guys are a bunch of prima donnas, it’s still up to the coach to get them playing collectively. Colliton has inarguably been unable to do that

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Lol.

6 month "break" same old Blackhawks... just can't read.

This has NOTHING to do with "The Hawks go as Toews goes". And I never said that in my post, did I? You start out by benching the captain because it sends the message to EVERYONE that NO ONE is above reproach, not even Toews. Did I really have to explain that? :facepalm:
This team is bad it’s not about effort, its about it lacks skill and talent and speed and passing and shooting and aggressiveness, and and and... that’s what you are missing when you keep blaming it on Toews and benching this person and that person...

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019

The key is play together. You have high end or expensive talent on this team that can't or won't play as a system.

Why do you think Lehner has been ripping into the forwards about playing as five men together?

When management gave in on the Seabs scratch and let the players dictate the system, your hope of them playing like the Pens died.

You can say oh the coach has no authority, but if the org cuts the coach off at the knees when he exerts his authority then it doesn't matter who the coach is.

I just keep going back to that Seabs scratch when his reaction was I think I'm playing fine and have no idea why I got scratched instead of I'm going to do what it takes to improve my game and I understand why the coach did this.

When he won, and it was with the support of the vets, this coaching situation was doomed and so is every other one after until something changes.

You can't have a team where David Kampf and Zach Smith have to conduct themselves in a certain way but Toews and Seabrook and Keith and Kane can do whatever they want.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
The key is play together. You have high end or expensive talent on this team that can't or won't play as a system.

Why do you think Lehner has been ripping into the forwards about playing as five men together?

When management gave in on the Seabs scratch and let the players dictate the system, your hope of them playing like the Pens died.

You can say oh the coach has no authority, but if the org cuts the coach off at the knees when he exerts his authority then it doesn't matter who the coach is.

I just keep going back to that Seabs scratch when his reaction was I think I'm playing fine and have no idea why I got scratched instead of I'm going to do what it takes to improve my game and I understand why the coach did this.

When he won, and it was with the support of the vets, this coaching situation was doomed and so is every other one after until something changes.

You can't have a team where David Kampf and Zach Smith have to conduct themselves in a certain way but Toews and Seabrook and Keith and Kane can do whatever they want.

Great post, sums up exactly why JC is done...The minute Seabrook and Toews undermined him through management and the media it was over...especially the Seabrook scratch situation, accountability for the core became a non-option after that...Its time for Rocky to put everyone on notice if/when Stan and JC get canned because the players have a big role in how this season has played out and they shouldn't just get a free pass and onto the 3rd coach in 2 years...

Reactions: Brightwing and LDF

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Great post, sums up exactly why JC is done...The minute Seabrook and Toews undermined him through management and the media it was over...especially the Seabrook scratch situation, accountability for the core became a non-option after that...Its time for Rocky to put everyone on notice if/when Stan and JC get canned because the players have a big role in how this season has played out and they shouldn't just get a free pass and onto the 3rd coach in 2 years...
ref the players being put on notice...... hell the players would prob love a trade ..... who wouldn't want to distance themselves from this dumpster fire of a once great org.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
This team is bad it’s not about effort, its about it lacks skill and talent and speed and passing and shooting and aggressiveness, and and and... that’s what you are missing when you keep blaming it on Toews and benching this person and that person...
i really do not think you got the grasp of this team. the skills are there. it is effort with a capital E......

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Even if the core guys are a bunch of prima donnas, it’s still up to the coach to get them playing collectively. Colliton has inarguably been unable to do that
that is unless the rest of the team thinks that the coach is the yes man for someone else who is calling the shots from the FO.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
The following from above says it all and it has been going on for years:

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
The following from above says it all and it has been going on for years:

Can put two inexperienced players like Kubalik and Nylander in this category as well..Both have been scratched this year, both seemed like random acts of 'holding a player accountable', yet Toews is on pace for 48 points making 10.5 million a year and his effort level has been an embarrasement a bit too frequently this year.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

Yep. A few years ago one could say the team goes as Toews and Keith go. Now, these guys can play out of their minds and it won't mean much with the team they are now playing with. A team, filled with softies, often overpaid, that Stan built!

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Can put two inexperienced players like Kubalik and Nylander in this category as well..Both have been scratched this year, both seemed like random acts of 'holding a player accountable', yet Toews is on pace for 48 points making 10.5 million a year and his effort level has been an embarrasement a bit too frequently this year.
And how about Kane cherry-picking, playing offence only. That has improved lately but certainly not consistently. He often gives the impression that he plays when he feels like it - it has country club written all over it.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I still don’t think it’s enough to get him fired.

And I think it’s because Bowman will follow in short order.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad