Prospect Info: Jeremy Bracco - RW - Kitchener Rangers

rdogg

I cry your pardon
Aug 4, 2010
PEI
I don't get these Wellwood comparisons.

Bracco is Bracco. Lets see what he develops into.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007

Comparisons are ridiculous... Name one player that is a duplicate of another nhl player. It just doesn't happen.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto

I can see the small and undersized playmakers with elite vision, but I think Bracco is a better skater and he's also coming into a league were size is not as big an issue. I know people have questioned his work habits due to the combine and quitting BC, but I donno if that aspect of Wellwood will show up, hopefully not.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Kid put up 2G and 1A tonight.

You know, if you want to talk about his performance instead of silly work ethic speculation.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory

You know, if you want to talk about his performance instead of silly work ethic speculation.

Work ethic....where the hell is this coming from...it has never been questioned. He was pissed when he was not selected for the World Jr team and he should have been. So they said he has a attitude, I for one am happy that he was pissed about not be selected.

His work ethic has been a strength......

People need to do their due diligence before posting....here is a little help: http://www.mynhldraft.com/2015/NHL-Draft-Profiles/Jeremy-Bracco

"He is a tireless worker with enough grittiness and compete level equal to the Barzal/Marner/Merkley class of undersized playmakers, as are his vision, patience and puck control

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
Good numbers so far in OHL. I just believe, no I know he is a Kadri/Wellwood type, a guy with a real propensity to pudginess that will have to work twice as hard as any NHL player to get an NHL body,, and he seems to have half that intensity.

NHL skills in many areas but Junior B body. We see where it got Wellwood, we see where the great Kadri is, hope this kid can break the mould, but I sincerely doubt it. I think he gets as far as being an AHL hotshot. Bruce Boudreau 2015.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Good numbers so far in OHL. I just believe, no I know he is a Kadri/Wellwood type, a guy with a real propensity to pudginess that will have to work twice as hard as any NHL player to get an NHL body,, and he seems to have half that intensity.

NHL skills in many areas but Junior B body. We see where it got Wellwood, we see where the great Kadri is, hope this kid can break the mould, but I sincerely doubt it. I think he gets as far as being an AHL hotshot. Bruce Boudreau 2015.

What on earth are you talking about? His only connection to Kadri and Wellwood is he is a Leaf pick.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory

My god....this is a horrible post.....Pudginess....and then you add a Junior B body.....:shakehead:amazed:

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Work ethic....where the hell is this coming from...it has never been questioned. He was pissed when he was not selected for the World Jr team and he should have been. So they said he has a attitude, I for one am happy that he was pissed about not be selected.

His work ethic has been a strength......

People need to do their due diligence before posting....here is a little help: http://www.mynhldraft.com/2015/NHL-Draft-Profiles/Jeremy-Bracco
People questioned it due to his combine results (high BFI %) and not wanting to work his way up the line up at BC. Personally I think the combine thing got overblown due to the inaccuracy's measuring body fat (the lower ones made no sense and should actually worry teams) and same with the BC thing. I know the WJC story.

What on earth are you talking about? His only connection to Kadri and Wellwood is he is a Leaf pick.
You do realize kadri has problems keeping weight on and Wellwood was out of shape, completely different problems. To say Bracco has the same problems as both (which conflict) is moronic.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
People questioned it due to his combine results (high BFI %) and not wanting to work his way up the line up at BC. Personally I think the combine thing got overblown due to the inaccuracy's measuring body fat (the lower ones made no sense and should actually worry teams) and same with the BC thing. I know the WJC story.

You do realize kadri has problems keeping weight on and Wellwood was out of shape, completely different problems. To say Bracco has the same problems as both (which conflict) is moronic.

Again his work ethic on the Ice has never been an issue....he is attempting to put on weight so that he can be bigger and stronger....he was listed at 5'9" 156lbs and now is listed at 5' 10" 173. Neither is fat at all....and at 17/18 years of age he has body fat...leaving BC has nothing at all about not being willing to work his way up the lineup....he should have been playing top minutes anyways.....more to do with playing in a better development league. Spinning that decision and making it seem that he is lazy is BS!

mikebel111*

I don't see the comparisons at all.

Fail post

Last edited by a moderator:

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
Again his work ethic on the Ice has never been an issue....he is attempting to put on weight so that he can be bigger and stronger....he was listed at 5'9" 156lbs and now is listed at 5' 10" 173. Neither is fat at all....and at 17/18 years of age he has body fat...leaving BC has nothing at all about not being willing to work his way up the lineup....he should have been playing top minutes anyways.....more to do with playing in a better development league. Spinning that decision and making it seem that he is lazy is BS!

Spin or no spin, ncaa training facilities >> what the CHL has. Bracco didn't exactly show up in the best shape at the draft combine, but then again he's so dang young. Hard to make a judgement call but playing in the CHL should help him prepare for the AHL and NHL grind.

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
Fans don't like me because I look at my team objectively, not through the eyes of a fan. I was the first "fan" of the Leafs, and yes I am a fan to pronounce us as eventual last place overall dwellers when I saw us pick Schenn and when I saw Burke ride into town and trade two first overall picks for a one way scorer like Kessel. Well before we were even close to rebuilding.

I just call em, like I see them. Bracco to anyone who sees objectively, is short, and of a weak upper body and with a tendency to pudginess. A well below NHL body type. He does possess great talents, as did Wellwood and many AHL teases before him.

I would love to be wrong, but I have been saying the same thing about Kadri since the day I watched him play. No speed, no NHL body. Just a great dangler. With a great bag of tricks, Kadri is lucky they ever let him out of the AHL. Some get lucky, and get a break, others stay in the A for life.

I have to say it over and over, you need a very rigorous AHL system now to bond guys through the minors into the NHL. Leafs have never had it, not in most of the peoples lifetimes on this board.

So I suppose, many might not understand that Stanley Cup Champions have to be built up through the system. We live in times of free agency now, its more that way than ever.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Fans don't like me because I look at my team objectively, not through the eyes of a fan. I was the first "fan" of the Leafs, and yes I am a fan to pronounce us as eventual last place overall dwellers when I saw us pick Schenn and when I saw Burke ride into town and trade two first overall picks for a one way scorer like Kessel. Well before we were even close to rebuilding.

I just call em, like I see them. Bracco to anyone who sees objectively, is short, and of a weak upper body and with a tendency to pudginess. A well below NHL body type. He does possess great talents, as did Wellwood and many AHL teases before him.

I would love to be wrong, but I have been saying the same thing about Kadri since the day I watched him play. No speed, no NHL body. Just a great dangler. With a great bag of tricks, Kadri is lucky they ever let him out of the AHL. Some get lucky, and get a break, others stay in the A for life.

I have to say it over and over, you need a very rigorous AHL system now to bond guys through the minors into the NHL. Leafs have never had it, not in most of the peoples lifetimes on this board.

So I suppose, many might not understand that Stanley Cup Champions have to be built up through the system. We live in times of free agency now, its more that way than ever.

Yeah, you're a real maverick and we hate you because of your honesty and objectiveness. :rolleyes:

GBLeaf

Feb 13, 2014
England, GB.

All you do is try and make brave claims, so you can say you called it.

If nothing else, you're consistent, because they're all negative.

You come across as a bit of a wind up merchant to be honest.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
The obsession to compare every prospect to Kadri or Wellwood is mind blowing in these parts.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004

I was at the game so I think I have a grasp on his play last night. Having a three point game is always a great game. This is how his point broke down.

1st goal--he was just inside of the left faceoff circle. Shot came from the high slot on the right side. It hit the goalie in the mask and bounced right to Bracco. The goalie was a little stunned and slow to move across. Bracco's rebound shot never even got off the ice. The puck was in his feet so I will give him that. A goal is a goal but it is not like it was a very skilled goal.

2nd goal--I can't remember the sequence exactly as it was at the opposite side of the ice I was sitting at. I have tickets first row behind the visitors bench. Somehow the puck got to Bracco who was behind the goal line closer to being in the corner. The goalie was out of position and had to come across quickly to cover his net. Bracco threw the puck at the goalie and it went in off his pad. Once again all goals count. The thing is that neither goals were skill goals. Both were very heads up goals.

Assist--on the power play he was playing the right side board. He passed it down low to MacInnis who went cross crease to Robinson. Secondary assist as he just passed a puck down low.

Now once again as I posted yesterday he player well. He was in on other chances. I am just saying that I saw some warts to his game. Now all junior players have those. To me I just want to see him more to give as detailed of a scouting report that I can. Sometimes players can put up big point games without playing their greatest.

Stringer Bell

Dec 16, 2009
Hey now, some of you guys need to relax and be a little more objective. I am a BIG Bracco fan and have very high hopes for him. But anyone criticizing his body composition is right...it is HORRIBLE for an ATHLETE. That being said, he is 18 and has LOTS and LOTS of time to turn it around. And not everyone has to look like an athlete to be successful in a sport so maybe it will never become an issue. But anyone who has seen Bracco knows that not only is he light and lacks muscle but he is SOFT, like big time soft. He does have a Wellwood and Kadri type body. And no, Wellwood was NEVER fat by cliche type standards, he actually had quite dainty arms etc, but was very soft. Same with Kadri. He's not 'fat' but he is 'skinny-fat'...and genetics most likely play a role as most of middle eastern descent have similar body types.

Any way, it may never be a problem, and he has an obscene amount of time to turn it around any way. But anyone criticizing someone who is pointing out the type of body Bracco is currently carrying around...be objective. It isn't pretty for an athlete. But in the end it may just be a superficial thing that has no barring on his success as an athlete.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad