Prospect Info: Jeremy Bracco - RW - Kitchener Rangers

DopeyFish

Mitchy McDangles
Nov 17, 2009
(responding to earlier post)

Wellwood winning the scoring title doesn't mean much.

He racked up points because he had way above average hands and patience...

Bracco has that (well, not as much for shooting) plus his skating is elite... wellwood was a pretty average skater which didn't help him.

Bracco skates FAST, uses skating maneuvers which are very hard to defend against even for NHL players and his passing is crazy. He has a rare ability to mess up D zone coverage and then absolutely lock the goalie up.

imo his skill set is far more suited to the NHL because of his elusiveness which allows him to perform in situations where he's physically outmatched. Wellwood, while skilled, was easy to shut down for your average NHL defender.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Wellwood was kind of a classic junior producer who lacked certain ingredients, such as work ethic, speed, size, while Bracco hopefully is closer to a Gaudreau for us...

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
And Wellwood was drafted in the 5th round despite winning the scoring title in his draft year, so his shortcomings were well known. Bracco was much higher touted in his draft year.

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
Bracco isn't even close to a NHL player.

If he can be as good as Wellwood, it will be a good pick.

If he can be as good as Wellwood without the injuries he'll be a great pick.

If Wellwood knew where the gym was, or had a nutrition plan, he would've had a long career.

It would be great if Bracco turns into Wellwood.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Nice looking pickup for the Leafs. Will probably play in the A like Connor Brown for a couple seasons before being ready. Should be intesting to see if he can make it at that size

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
Scored his second on a shot from the corner behind the goal line. Banked it off the goalie and in. Looked intentional.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
Bracco finished the game against Guelph with 2G, 1A, giving him 6 points in 3 games thus far. Anyone that's watched any of his games have any commentary?

I just got back from the game. His offensive game impressed me. He does have a handful of problems though. I will not really comment about his size because their nothing he can do about that.

Their was this time when he was breaking out and he was in the neutral zone on his side of centre. He had a breakout man open if he passed it across the ice. He was playing with Ryan MacInnis and Nathan Robinson so he was with quality line mates. Instead of passing it he pulled this spin-o-rama to avoid the forechecker. Now it did work but the Rangers had a one goal lead half way through the third period at this time. I don't mind fancy plays but players need to pick their spots.

Another time he was on the power play and the puck was dumped into the Rangers end. He just hung out at the blue line. He was also slow to come back in the back check at times. If only he put as much effort into his defence as he does in his offense.

Overall he left me with a positive outlook on him. His offensive skill set is impressive.

JackJ

Feb 7, 2012
Like all Leaf picks Bracco is an asset who the Leafs can package for other young talent.

The 14 & 15 drafts might become the most successful drafts in Leafs history.

mikebel111*

I just got back from the game. His offensive game impressed me. He does have a handful of problems though. I will not really comment about his size because their nothing he can do about that.

Their was this time when he was breaking out and he was in the neutral zone on his side of centre. He had a breakout man open if he passed it across the ice. He was playing with Ryan MacInnis and Nathan Robinson so he was with quality line mates. Instead of passing it he pulled this spin-o-rama to avoid the forechecker. Now it did work but the Rangers had a one goal lead half way through the third period at this time. I don't mind fancy plays but players need to pick their spots.

Another time he was on the power play and the puck was dumped into the Rangers end. He just hung out at the blue line. He was also slow to come back in the back check at times. If only he put as much effort into his defence as he does in his offense.

Overall he left me with a positive outlook on him. His offensive skill set is impressive.

It's not surprising that a highly skilled teenager is lacking in effort in his own zone.
I think he will be fine. Will take some time

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
I thought about this. I have 2 conflicting points.

Coach Van Ryn, who played in this very arena (ACC), should tell Bracco, than unless he improves his defensive game, he won't be seeing the same ice, in the same situation.

Posters have said that Bracco is close to his good friend Mitch Marner.
Marner is a C and plays a 200' game. Bracco as a winger doesn't have to concentrate as much on defensive responsibilities. I'm sure there are wingers who are good defensive players...and of course we know, those who are crap. I'm just saying he shouldn't play NO D at all.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory

Too funny....the kid loves to pass the puck....as for your PP break out issue, that is a standard set up with I bet another forward on the opposite side of the ice at the offensive blue line....

Habs fan....:shakehead

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
Too funny....the kid loves to pass the puck....as for your PP break out issue, that is a standard set up with I bet another forward on the opposite side of the ice at the offensive blue line....

Habs fan....:shakehead

Truthfully this has nothing to do with me being a Habs fan. He is a Kitchener Ranger and I have a neutral feeling about him. I really do not care what team that a player is drafted by if they play for my home team. I want him to succeed. So far with six points in three games he has been succeeding. His positive really outweigh his negatives don't get me wrong. I was just stating that he has some parts to his game to work on.

Now with that being said this is why players get scouted numerous times by NHL scouts. Their has been a very small sample size so far and I have only watched him live now once.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad