Confirmed with Link: Jerabek to Caps for a 5th in 2019

VAN-HAB

Vancouver Habitant
Sep 3, 2003
West Kelowna
The purpose of a coach is to put his players in a position to succeed. Development is needed in that success, but MB thinks players develop their self. He acts like a victim instead of finding solutions to problems. he's ****ing weak.
Ahh, this is so well said.
:thumbu:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Not really...a coach has the biggest impact on it because they decide how they're used and how much ice time they get.

If a player was responsible for their development, then they would play as much as they want and in whatever style they want...would you agree or disagree with that?

it's all of the above, player and coach. Players need to do their part, training etc.. eating right, etc.. improving on their weaknesses etc... coaches need to do their part, put them in positions to succeed, work with them on their weaknesses, push them when they need it or give them a pass when they need it. I remember when Kostitsyn was a 19 year old in Hamilton and Doug Jarvis had to work with him every day after practice to get him up to speed. Wonder if Lefebvre does this with anyone. ever.

Reactions: 417

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
What did MB always use to say? Was it, you never get rid of enough good dman or you never have enough good dman...
PK, Markov, Emelin, Beaulieu, Sergachev, Jerabek... It Alzner that he need to get rid of ...

Reactions: Kimota

snakeye

Jun 24, 2007
Montreal
What did MB always use to say? Was it, you never get rid of enough good dman or you never have enough good dman...
PK, Markov, Emelin, Beaulieu, Sergachev, Jerabek... It Alzner that he need to get rid of ...

How much do you think a guy that throws the puck into his own net knows about defense?

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Watched him in the Olympics against Canada.
He was a going concern in that one.
Couldn't just be a bad game? I mean, I don't know. I don't watch him. Nor do I think he's some huge missed opportunity.

I just think the last two free agents we signed that others had interest in were abandoned rather quickly.

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
Thought for sure they were showcasing Morrow to move him for a 5th and then they'd play Jerabek. Clearly a much more poised and polished d man. Morrow is a great skater but his D is bad and he turns the puck over a lot. Really liked Jerabek's game. Clearly they like Morrow over Jerabek bc Julien noted one of the reasons they traded him was they had a lot of similar d men.

I would have (and would still) moved Schlemko to someone like San Jose and run with Jerabek. Don't get this team. Very similar to the Sekac deal. Go hard after a sought after guy, sign him, don't give him a real chance, move him for nothing because the coach doesn't want to play him.

This team has no direction.

Masao

Nov 24, 2002
masaohf.atspace.com
It's like Bergevin is out to prove that he was a good player so he builds a team made up of player who are exactly like him in the hopes the team wins the cup.

Except, unfortunately, the team that was built in his image ended up being just as good as he was himself.

Reactions: Et le But

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
In MB's mind he thinks he has done something amazing here,

He got Jerabek for nothing.....and now he got a draft pick for him,

so he aquired a free draft pick.....i swear thats how this man thinks

That is exactly what he did though

I'm not sure I get the point of your post

FormerLurker

Sponsor
Mar 11, 2003
Mississauga
Thought for sure they were showcasing Morrow to move him for a 5th and then they'd play Jerabek. Clearly a much more poised and polished d man. Morrow is a great skater but his D is bad and he turns the puck over a lot. Really liked Jerabek's game. Clearly they like Morrow over Jerabek bc Julien noted one of the reasons they traded him was they had a lot of similar d men.

I would have (and would still) moved Schlemko to someone like San Jose and run with Jerabek. Don't get this team. Very similar to the Sekac deal. Go hard after a sought after guy, sign him, don't give him a real chance, move him for nothing because the coach doesn't want to play him.

This team has no direction.

If this is similar to the Sekac deal, then it means the organization managed to get a 5th round pick for a player that will bounce around four NHL teams in two years then head back to Europe because he's not an NHL player. Note that I'm not saying this is similar to Sekac, those were your words.

It boggles my mind that some people still think that Sekac was mishandled. He got more of chance with the Habs than with any of his other three subsequent teams!

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Marc can acquire as many picks as he wants, as long as Timmins is making the picks, they are going to be wasted.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

How much do you think a guy that throws the puck into his own net knows about defense?

Niklas Backstrom
Niklas Lidstrom
Niklas Kronwall
Victor Hedman

Have all scored on own goal......guess they don't know much about hockey either......like stop it with the childish comparisons

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
If this is similar to the Sekac deal, then it means the organization managed to get a 5th round pick for a player that will bounce around four NHL teams in two years then head back to Europe because he's not an NHL player. Note that I'm not saying this is similar to Sekac, those were your words.

It boggles my mind that some people still think that Sekac was mishandled. He got more of chance with the Habs than with any of his other three subsequent teams!
Does not chnage the fact we mishandled Sekac who is almost PPG in the KHL for your information.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
In MB's mind he thinks he has done something amazing here,

He got Jerabek for nothing.....and now he got a draft pick for him,

so he aquired a free draft pick.....i swear thats how this man thinks
I think it's in your mind that you think it's in Bergevins mind.....

The day he calls a press conference to make an announcement on such a deal, I'll give you props

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017

Haha This is hilarious! Why haven't I seen this before.

That's all the proof I need. You guys are all right, now I know. He is a bad GM. :sarcasm:

snakeye

Jun 24, 2007
Montreal
Niklas Backstrom
Niklas Lidstrom
Niklas Kronwall
Victor Hedman

Have all scored on own goal......guess they don't know much about hockey either......like stop it with the childish comparisons

Ok ok... I'll just stick to him trading Subban for Weber in a league trending towards more offense and speed.

Or Sergachev for some winger.

Or not re-signing Markov.

This guy singlehandedly dismantled the habs' defense and then claimed it was better than last year.

But we all know this, and it's not funny like Bergevin's own goal.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
It's like Bergevin is out to prove that he was a good player so he builds a team made up of player who are exactly like him in the hopes the team wins the cup.

Except, unfortunately, the team that was built in his image ended up being just as good as he was himself.

No wonder why we have 3 bottom 6 defensemen in our top 4....

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Ok ok... I'll just stick to him trading Subban for Weber in a league trending towards more offense and speed.

Or Sergachev for some winger.

Or not re-signing Markov.

This guy singlehandedly dismantled the habs' defense and then claimed it was better than last year.

But we all know this, and it's not funny like Bergevin's own goal.
Still like the Weber trade but I’ll give you props for the other two. Drouin is still good but fack what I’d do to see a Sergachev/Weber duo

Reactions: Habs Icing

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
If Bergevin traded Pacioretty for Crosby you’d find a way to bash it

The difference that you seem oblivious to is that MB had great support from most, if not all posters when he was hired.

That some people are capable of adapting and evolving their opinion based on new information, while others, prefer to hold on firmly to a set belief and rationalize around it regardless of new & changing information, is why you and the poster you quoted are not at all similar... And your post above has absolutely no merit or grounding.

We don't all choose to live inside a box.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Niklas Backstrom
Niklas Lidstrom
Niklas Kronwall
Victor Hedman

There have been plenty of own goals. It happens. Not many pucks tossed into a player's own net, though. Bergevin's was extra special.

If you're wondering why folks are having a chuckle at this, it's because the Habs GM is a laughingstock. He'll be a target of ridicule until he does something right.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad