Confirmed with Link: Jerabek to Caps for a 5th in 2019

FormerLurker

Sponsor
Mar 11, 2003
Mississauga
Does not chnage the fact we mishandled Sekac who is almost PPG in the KHL for your information.

I'm aware of Sekac's KHL stats, but how is this relevant? Nigel Dawes is outproducing Sekac significantly in the KHL, but neither of them are NHL quality players. There is an abundance of evidence that Bergevin and Therrien have grossly mishandled roster management, but not every one of their decisions is bad and history has shown them to be right in the case of Sekac. It seems like some people formed the opinion that Sekac was mishandled way back when he was traded but have ignored everything that has happened to him since then, probably because they can't bring themselves to admit that they were wrong and Bergevin was right in the case of Sekac.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
That is exactly what he did though

I'm not sure I get the point of your post

The point is he’s worth more than a 5th round pick. Especially when we have a blue line that is a collection of awful. Benn, Morrow and Alzner are all significantly worse defenseman and he hasn’t moved them. Move your garbage and keep your assets doesn’t seem to be something Bargain Bin understands. He keeps trading for magic beans.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
The point is he’s worth more than a 5th round pick. Especially when we have a blue line that is a collection of awful. Benn, Morrow and Alzner are all significantly worse defenseman and he hasn’t moved them. Move your garbage and keep your assets doesn’t seem to be something Bargain Bin understands. He keeps trading for magic beans.

Yeah maybe they're so bad he can't move them, you've answered your own question

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
So he makes dumbass acquisitions and it’s irrelevant and then he can’t move them later? Sounds like a terrific GM.

Yeah you don't need to convince me he's been bad but Jerabek was a free asset and a 5th rounder isn't too bad. I'd rather move players that won't move the team forward if at all possible.

I don't think Jerabek was anything more than a 6-7 dman, I'd rather give Juulsen or Lernout a few games.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Yeah you don't need to convince me he's been bad but Jerabek was a free asset and a 5th rounder isn't too bad. I'd rather move players that won't move the team forward if at all possible.

I don't think Jerabek was anything more than a 6-7 dman, I'd rather give Juulsen or Lernout a few games.

No issues playing Juulsen or Lernout, it’s just that Jerabek wasn’t the obvious guy to move as we all know. I get that it’s a “free” asset, but it’s also a classic case of recent Habs management identifying the wrong asset and moving it for pennies on the dollar.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
No issues playing Juulsen or Lernout, it’s just that Jerabek wasn’t the obvious guy to move as we all know. I get that it’s a “free” asset, but it’s also a classic case of recent Habs management identifying the wrong asset and moving it for pennies on the dollar.

What if they can't get rid of the other assets - is this circular?

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
What if they can't get rid of the other assets - is this circular?

And what if they can? Bergevin’s always been able to make the 13 and 14th forward, 7 and 8th defenseman acquisitions and trades. His track record leads me to believe it’s simple inability to properly evaluate talent while focusing on “intangibles and character.”

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
And what if they can? Bergevin’s always been able to make the 13 and 14th forward, 7 and 8th defenseman acquisitions and trades. His track record leads me to believe it’s simple inability to properly evaluate talent while focusing on “intangibles and character.”

All I know is that they were able to move Jerabek and so be it, rather have the asset than another average dman

snakeye

Jun 24, 2007
Montreal
Still like the Weber trade but I’ll give you props for the other two. Drouin is still good but fack what I’d do to see a Sergachev/Weber duo

Yes at the time i wasn't that bitter of the Weber trade because I thought he could be a good mentor for Sergachev. Then Sergachev (who should have become the offensive successor to PK and Markov) got traded. Oh well.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
In MB's mind he thinks he has done something amazing here,

He got Jerabek for nothing.....and now he got a draft pick for him,

so he aquired a free draft pick.....i swear thats how this man thinks

Ummm...I know it is just a 5th round pick and all, but that line of reasoning sounds like good asset management to me. Hopefully he does the same with the rest of the upcoming UFA's on the roster.

Reactions: dralaf

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
Not really...a coach has the biggest impact on it because they decide how they're used and how much ice time they get.

If a player was responsible for their development, then they would play as much as they want and in whatever style they want...would you agree or disagree with that?

MB said something like this at his end of year presser last year. that players are responsible. I almost pulled my hair out. it obviously still gets to me when someone talks about player development.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Peanut

Alzner is SOLID
Oct 28, 2015
I really liked Jerabek in preseason thought he would be a big player this year for a team starving so badly for puck movers oh well good luck away from Montreal.

I rather watch him play over Morrow Benn Alzner and get some PP time but that’s the breaks as a Habs fan these days.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad