Value of: Jeff Skinner

The Red Helmet

Dec 19, 2007
He is back for the third period. I think if you read between the lines from what Sabres GM Jason Botteril said earlier this week, both sides are waiting for the deadline to pass so they can do an 8 year deal. I could be wrong but I think a deal could come this week

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
He is back for the third period. I think if you read between the lines from what Sabres GM Jason Botteril said earlier this week, both sides are waiting for the deadline to pass so they can do an 8 year deal. I could be wrong but I think a deal could come this week

I think the fact he came back from a potential injury would suggest the Sabres aren't looking to protect him to trade him.

I don't know why they'd have to wait until after the TDL to sign him tho.

Reactions: Mitts888

The Red Helmet

Dec 19, 2007
I think the fact he came back from a potential injury would suggest the Sabres aren't looking to protect him to trade him.

I don't know why they'd have to wait until after the TDL to sign him tho.
After the trade deadline the Sabres can add an extra year to the contract making it an 8 year deal instead of a 7. Which surely would be a condition Skinner would want to take advantage of because he will make an additional 8-9 million in the deal.

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
I didn't know they had to wait. w thought the date was after Jan 1 to sign the extension as he was their property to start the year.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Well, he's getting paid that's for sure. That did look bad, and to play through it? Money........

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I didn't know they had to wait. w thought the date was after Jan 1 to sign the extension as he was their property to start the year.

That’s for players signing 1 yr deals.

You need to be on the roster at the deadline to sign an 8 yr deal. Skinner was acquired in July so 7 yrs max until the til then he can be signed for 8

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
No updates on Skinner recently?

John Vogl (one of the most reliable Sabres beat reporters) said in his mailbag on the Athletic the other day that “The Sabres will sign Skinner, and possibly soon”.

That’s the most recent update I’ve read/heard.

For him to say “will sign” I’d imagine he must be pretty confident a deal will happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad