Player Discussion Jeff Skinner

Do you approve of Skinner for Pu, 2019 2, 2020 3 & 6?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Eh, or he likes his negotiating position better playing next to Eichel in his contract year.

Either way, it's a win-win.

If he wants to sign, we sign a young fast winger who puts up points and can skate and finish with Jack, Sam, or Mitts.

If he wants to be a UFA, we pump his numbers next season with Jack and then move him for maybe a first + a good prospect or something. He'd return more than Kane at the deadline.

Can't lose.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
lol, I had the same thought. For a guy that worked for an org that draft Jake Guentzel, Kris Letang and Matt Murray in the 3rd round, Botts seems to fricking hate picking in the 3rd.

We'd just waste them like we did for Blysma and the chance to draft someone who won't sign anyway. :sarcasm:

Reactions: truthbluth

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Are we going to play sheary and skinner together on Eichel line?

Pretty sure a black hole might actually form in our defensive zone. As in, the puck enters the D zone and doesn't leave.

So you gotta break them up and put a defensibly responsible player with each line.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Wow, where'd this come from? That's...actually good! Team's gonna have lots of skill. Looking pretty soft right now, but skilled. Should be fun to watch at least.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Holy crap, what a great deal!!! Adding a top six sniper without giving up any of the firsts next year is Jedi shit. Nice job Botts!!!

I’ll miss Cliff, but if he had to go to bring in Skinner then I guess that’s okay.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
It’s so frustrating...

Sheary-Eichel-Skinner
Girgs-ROR-Reinhart
Erod-Mitts-KO
Xxxx-Larsson-Xxxx

The more you look the more it hurts. Still plenty of money to bring in depth similar to Sobotka and Berglund.

Hell given that price, I suspect you could have traded for Berglund and Sobotka on top of this for a 3rd rounder.

Reactions: brian_griffin

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
Wow. Really? Carolina GM must have LOVED Pu. That can be the only explanation, right? How was this the best offer. Think of what teams give up on deadline day for a six week to end of playoffs rental. Even if he doesn't fit in Buffalo or they can't agree to an extension the team may be able to get a similar package to trade him. His career goals per game averages 28.9 over an 82 game season if he is healthy. Not too shabby for a team needing scoring wingers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Reddawg

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
This is huge. Only sticky thing is it's near the trade deadline and we're a few points out of a wildcard, do you trade him or keep him knowing there's not a great shot at signing him to a new deal.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
The crazy thing is you have to wonder why the Canes took that deal from us. Lots of teams could have matched or beat it. They must REALLY love Pu. I'm definitely a fan and I've seen a lot of him in person but when I saw we traded for Skinner I thought it had to be for a LOT more than Cliff Pu, a second, third, and sixth.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
We needed a goal scorer. This is what we needed--not another centre-a proven speedy nhl scorer on the wing. Now to get some grit with energy and middling skill and at least one more proven nhl D and we will be flirting with playoffs! Stand aside Dr. Pangloss!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad