Player Discussion Jeff Skinner

Do you approve of Skinner for Pu, 2019 2, 2020 3 & 6?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Wow, incredible deal. Skinner is an incredible goal scorer with speed. Literally the perfect complement to Eichel. He has a chance to pot 40 thu season if they play together. He also waived to come here, his hometown is Toronto which makes sense. The only thing I’m worried about is his next contract being inflated due to playing with Eichel.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Today. Good deal.
What will he demand after next season.... yikes. Hopefully it stays a “good deal”

He makes 5.725 now. Gotta imagine his next contract is in the 5.5-7 range. He's 26. I'd give him 5x$6m with little hesitation. Question is will be take it.

And if he's not going to re-up here, then we spin him for at least a 2nd and only lose Pu and a pick or two. Worth the risk, IMO.

Reactions: Mitts888

krt88nc

Oct 7, 2017
Fayetteville, NC
I hate that they had to give up Pu but you have to make this move. Carolina get a good prospect and the 3 draft picks do not bother me as we own 3 1st next year. Skinner gets you a year with a scorer and maybe they have longer term plans. we will certainly see.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Yeah--but that 6th round pick....

We were just going to swap it for a 6th in 2021, anyway.

We're never picking in the third round ever again either.

In all seriousness, killer deal - and if Skinner waived, I'm guessing he's interested in signing too.

Reactions: Ralonzo

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Whoa whoa whoa
I mean...he waived...to come here.

This is the part of the story I can’t wait to hear. The rumors were he was difficult to move because he was rejecting trades. But he waives for the last place team. Now...he’s from Toronto I think so obviously close to home is good. But also maybe that gaping hole next to Jack is worth a try out to him and we have cap space going forward if it works out

Reactions: zuikan

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Like the trade, like it doesn’t involve important roster players...hope we can sign him longer term.

Reactions: Dingo44

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
We were just going to swap it for a 6th in 2021, anyway.

We're never picking in the third round ever again either.

In all seriousness, killer deal - and if Skinner waived, I'm guessing he's interested in signing too.
lol, I had the same thought. For a guy that worked for an org that draft Jake Guentzel, Kris Letang and Matt Murray in the 3rd round, Botts seems to fricking hate picking in the 3rd.

Reactions: Dingo44

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
He makes 5.725 now. Gotta imagine his next contract is in the 5.5-7 range. He's 26. I'd give him 5x$6m with little hesitation. Question is will be take it.

And if he's not going to re-up here, then we spin him for at least a 2nd and only lose Pu and a pick or two. Worth the risk, IMO.

If Kane got 7, Skinner will get 7.

He’s scored 30 3 times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad