Proposal: Jeff Skinner/Cam Ward

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Cam Ward is garbage. He is getting re-signed again and again because of what he once did for his organization but in fact he is barely backup material at this stage of his career.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
To be fair to the Canes, they signed him to a six year deal in September 2009, and he had three good seasons after that.

But he's been poor since the 2012 lockout and I don't know why they gave him two years at $3.3m on his last deal. That was weird, and now they have to move him or Lack.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Pretty positive he's got a kid with some type of health condition & whatever the university hospital in that area is it's considered one of the best in treating it. I think that's played apart in things there.

I'd imagine if it comes down to it the probably just buyout Lack & roll with Darling/Ward as their goalies next year.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I remember in the signing thread saying that if he was the starter, it was a bad move. They said that his 2nd half was good to which I countered with:

Ward being good in the 2nd half is a myth.

Jan .925 SV% played 5 games
Feb .914 SV% played 10 games
Mar .914 SV% played 8 games
Apr .925 SV% played 2 games

He had a good Jan and April....7 games total. The other months, he was well below average. And the Oct-Dec stats are much worse.

Glad they kept him. He makes them worse.

He has not finished in the top 34 in SV% in any of the last 4 years. NONE

When you are counting on your starter getting it done when he has not been in the top 34 in SV% in the last 4 years, you are in trouble.

We won't be touching Ward.

beetee15

Long Island Bullies
May 26, 2010
Long Island
Pretty positive he's got a kid with some type of health condition & whatever the university hospital in that area is it's considered one of the best in treating it. I think that's played apart in things there.

I'd imagine if it comes down to it the probably just buyout Lack & roll with Darling/Ward as their goalies next year.

yes his son is pretty much legally def all his doctors are in the area for his conclear inplants

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/cam-ward-cochlear-implants-story/

really good stuff if you have the time to read

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I remember in the signing thread saying that if he was the starter, it was a bad move. They said that his 2nd half was good to which I countered with:

Ward being good in the 2nd half is a myth.

Jan .925 SV% played 5 games
Feb .914 SV% played 10 games
Mar .914 SV% played 8 games
Apr .925 SV% played 2 games

He had a good Jan and April....7 games total. The other months, he was well below average. And the Oct-Dec stats are much worse.

Glad they kept him. He makes them worse.

He has not finished in the top 34 in SV% in any of the last 4 years. NONE

When you are counting on your starter getting it done when he has not been in the top 34 in SV% in the last 4 years, you are in trouble.

We won't be touching Ward.

To be fair, .914 is pretty close to average, not well below.

Either way, not interested.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
To be fair, .914 is pretty close to average, not well below.

Either way, not interested.

Yeah...I may have been a big harsh, but that year the average starter...so #15 in the league who played more than 40 games, had a .919 SV%.

But yeah, when I re-read it I should have said he was just below average.

But again, it's Cam Ward. He and the Dallas starters have been the worst for awhile and them re-signing him was just dumb.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad