Player Discussion Jeff Petry (Part II) - #mynamejeff Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
He will be traded probably during offseason , perhaps with 1 million retain. I think Gallagher and Petry are the perfect players to retain salary anyways.
He will return something like a first pick or a good prospect. His past seasons is worth more than the garbage play of this season. He's clearly unhappy and not interested to stay here. It's a question of time. Perhaps a team will bite during deadline which would surprise me due to salary cap being absolute ass but it's still possible.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Honestly cup final run be damned, we're really gonna regret not selling Petry and Tatar at the deadline a few years back.

f*** that. I'll gladly trade whatever return we would have gotten for that run. What the hell. The draft has seriously ruined fandom for a lot of people. Stop treating your team as a long-term investment portfolio (credit to Lshap for that one).

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
f*** that. I'll gladly trade whatever return we would have gotten for that run. What the hell. The draft has seriously ruined fandom for a lot of people. Stop treating your team as a long-term investment portfolio (credit to Lshap for that one).
It's not just picks the team wasn't good enough to win it all, it didn't make sense to keep the status quo. We even sold vets at the deadline but Price decided to carry us. Tatar didn't even play the whole run.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
I don't give two shits if a person is an anti vaxxer.
They may be in the minority on this site but they are free to think whatever they want, if in fact they are anti Vax.

Amen, as if she gives up her right to free speech because her husband is an NHL player. Been shocking to me this past few years how anti free speech we've become.

Same phenomena happened post 911, everyone was so to eager give up their first amendment rights ( see Patriot Act).

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
No he didn't he was responding to a politically charged social media post. Mrs. Petry should keep her mouth shut. The sooner Jeff and his big mouthed wife are free of any association with the Habs the better.
Why bring it here?

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
The fact that Petry got his salary paid mostly by gate receipts that are mostly coming from Canadian and Québecois fans isn't a political statement, but rather an economical and demographic statement.

You may attach political connotations to this if you will. It won't make it factually political.

On the other hand, nothing justifies the DMs to Julie Petry.
Like I stated…

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
It's not just picks the team wasn't good enough to win it all, it didn't make sense to keep the status quo. We even sold vets at the deadline but Price decided to carry us. Tatar didn't even play the whole run.

The team wasn't good enough to win it all only if you want to compare to Tampa, at which point no team was good enough and should have just sold. It's not like they got carried by Price for God's sakes. They outplayed everyone - well Toronto for half the series at least. They took out two major contenders in Toronto and Las Vegas. Tatar didn't end up doing shit but who cares. It's not that serious. There's no regret to have at all. He doesn't move the needle. What does he fetch? A low first? They're not that valuable, man. There's zero regrets to have about that TDL or the run. It was awesome.

Reactions: JoelWarlord

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
The team wasn't good enough to win it all only if you want to compare to Tampa, at which point no team was good enough and should have just sold. It's not like they got carried by Price for God's sakes. They outplayed everyone - well Toronto for half the series at least. They took out two major contenders in Toronto and Las Vegas. Tatar didn't end up doing shit but who cares. It's not that serious. There's no regret to have at all. He doesn't move the needle. What does he fetch? A low first? They're not that valuable, man. There's zero regrets to have about that TDL or the run. It was awesome.
You say that as if there were any foresight behind the decisions. There was no knowing the season would be paused. We wouldn't have even made the playoffs it it hadn't been. It was dumb luck.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
You say that as if there were any foresight behind the decisions. There was no knowing the season would be paused. We wouldn't have even made the playoffs it it hadn't been. It was dumb luck.

I don't regret keeping the guys who led to the cup run, but I agree that I'd like to see some planning. Tatar obviously wasn't in the plans, and his stats have dropped again this year. It would have made sense to sell if there were takers, even though they might have missed the playoffs last year.

I'm hoping that Hughes and Gorton plan and organize what they are doing. I'd really like to see evidence of planning ahead.

Pickles

Apr 25, 2017
In the jar'o
Terrible post
I have zero patience for these type of people. Jeff Petry has sulked his way out of town. His piss poor performance this year is unacceptable and he hasn't conducted himself in a professional manner whatsoever. His wife had one bad experience at a cosco then paints the whole province in a bad light. Then she runs back to the states. Coming out and supporting the freedom convoy was the final straw. They both can F off.

Reactions: BozoTheClown

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Having the vaccine doesn't mean you can't be an anti-vaxxer.

This might sound absolutely unbelievable but I know Registered Nurses that don't believe in the covid vaccines yet they still took it so they wouldn't lose their jobs. Logic
Not wanting this vaccine after doing a cost benefit analysis of your health and risk doesn’t make you an anti vaxxer either. Many ppl have decided that their risk doesn’t necessarily warrant getting this vaccine, but they have all their other vaccines. I have a retired military friend who brings his needle book around with him that is basically full, but he won’t get this one. He’s not an anti vaxxer. I mean anyone who’s taken 20-30 vaccines is not anti vax by definition and common sense. lol

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
No he didn't he was responding to a politically charged social media post. Mrs. Petry should keep her mouth shut. The sooner Jeff and his big mouthed wife are free of any association with the Habs the better.
Mrs. Perry is not posting on our board….

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Amen, as if she gives up her right to free speech because her husband is an NHL player. Been shocking to me this past few years how anti free speech we've become.

Same phenomena happened post 911, everyone was so to eager give up their first amendment rights ( see Patriot Act).
But, it’s only temporary. Those that passed it didn’t even read the damn thing.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
I have zero patience for these type of people. Jeff Petry has sulked his way out of town. His piss poor performance this year is unacceptable and he hasn't conducted himself in a professional manner whatsoever. His wife had one bad experience at a cosco then paints the whole province in a bad light. Then she runs back to the states. Coming out and supporting the freedom convoy was the final straw. They both can F off.
Again?

Native

Nov 27, 2003
Montreal
Petry performs extremely well when he is insulated in a secondary role and plays within his comfort zone. He can sustain a primary role but only for a limited duration. Beyond that, he seems to heavily falter and becomes prone to simple and basic mistakes that would get a rookie benched.

Just because he is a veteran, does not necessarily make him a leader. We have to be realistic and understand that not everyone can fill that role.

He is simply not a leader.

However, that doesn't take away from what a vital importance he can be with his talent if placed in a role that maximizes his skill set. He has wonderful attributes, both hockey based and genuine personal characteristics. I loved when the Petry's gave $2500 for health workers food at the beginning of the pandemic.

That said, he signed a 4 year $6.25 million contract. Approximately 100X average Canadian yearly salary. We would all love to be in that position. Earn your money. Be professional and cognizant that you are so fortunate.

Being a public figure has it pros and cons. They should have filtered their social media and insulate themselves from raw input and output.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Not wanting this vaccine after doing a cost benefit analysis of your health and risk doesn’t make you an anti vaxxer either. Many ppl have decided that their risk doesn’t necessarily warrant getting this vaccine, but they have all their other vaccines. I have a retired military friend who brings his needle book around with him that is basically full, but he won’t get this one. He’s not an anti vaxxer. I mean anyone who’s taken 20-30 vaccines is not anti vax by definition and common sense. lol

You misread my post. I'm saying I know nurses people who GOT the covid vaccine that are against the covid vaccine. Just because someone got the jab doesn't mean they can't be against it. When your livelihood (or to an extent, enjoyment of life) depends on it, people will make the "sacrifice" and get it.

So dismissing someones dumb instagram posts and saying they're rational because they got the vaccine isn't something I can do like you, maybe I'm too stubborn. When they support the Karen convoy and are propagating vaccine/booster hesitancy, it's going to be hard for me to respect them especially because she's not the one that lives in Ottawa and has boots on the ground and seeing the dumb shit these idiots are doing that the media isn't reporting on. She's a dumb as a brick based on those posts alone and can gladly stay in the US.

Last edited:

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
You misread my post. I'm saying I know nurses people who GOT the covid vaccine that are against the covid vaccine. Just because someone got the job doesn't mean they can't be against it. When your livelihood (or to an extent, enjoyment of life) depends on it, people will make the "sacrifice" and get it.

So dismissing someones dumb instagram posts and saying they're rational because they got the vaccine isn't something I can do like you, maybe I'm too stubborn. When they support the Karen convoy and are propagating vaccine/booster hesitancy, it's going to be hard for me to respect them especially because she's not the one that lives in Ottawa and has boots on the ground and seeing the dumb shit these idiots are doing that the media isn't reporting on. She's a dumb as a brick based on those posts alone and can gladly stay in the US.
I’m not going to get into this. Let’s just say we are miles apart and leave it at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad