Confirmed with Link: Jeff Petry (50% retained) traded to DET for Gustav Lindström and conditional 4th-round pick in 2025 (later of Detroit or Boston's pick)

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
I don't think that Petry's wife wanted to come back here at all. She enjoyed her time in Montréal before the whole COVID-19 lock down but the restrictions left her bitter. She would have stayed back in Michigan with the kids. That means that we would get a an unhappy and sulking Jeff Petry which would hurt his value on the market and poison the locker room.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I don't think that Petry's wife wanted to come back here at all. She enjoyed her time in Montréal before the whole COVID-19 lock down but the restrictions left her bitter. She would have stayed back in Michigan with the kids. That means that we would get a an unhappy and sulking Jeff Petry which would hurt his value on the market and poison the locker room.
Yeah I really thought Petry would be fine here for such a short period of time but the Mrs. has the final say when it comes to the home front. She was never going to move the the family again for two years at best and likely not even 10 months.

Reactions: PeteWorrell

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
But then, of course, Bergy couldn't resist being Bergy, and he let Perry go because Bergy had/has no idea how to hold on to nice things.
Worm didn't want to be here anymore, he wanted to be in the playoffs and that's completely understandable

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Worm didn't want to be here anymore, he wanted to be in the playoffs and that's completely understandable

My bad. I thought it was a money or term thing
Perry claimed he wanted a two year deal and would've stayed if it was offered. After the SC Finals run, there was no expectation of a total Habs collapse. Bergevin acquired Hoffman, Savard, and acquired Dvorak because he expected to compete.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad