Player Discussion Jeff Gorton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
RE Gorton saying he wants toughness and grit: Pretty confident he doesn't mean McLeod/Glass/Beleskey/etc. and he means more like Andersson/Lindgren/etc. Again, goes into the "character" aspect he's looking for in players along with skill and speed. Also means more about the complacency on the team like when Cody Eakin nailed Lundqvist behind the net.

LMAO Adam Herman got instantly butthurt about that quote at face value and was comparing Gorton to Dundon and Bergevin.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I want toughness and grit too. Not in the place of talent, but it should definatley be an element on this team moving forward.

If there is a team that JG should look to mold the next generation of Rangers after, I'd rather be more like Winnipeg/Nashville than Toronto/NJ.

Your guys are fast? Great, our guys are fast, big and some of them play very angry.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
I want toughness and grit too. Not in the place of talent, but it should definatley be an element on this team moving forward.

If there is a team that JG should look to mold the next generation of Rangers after, I'd rather be more like Winnipeg/Nashville than Toronto/NJ.

Your guys are fast? Great, our guys are fast, big and some of them play very angry.

I'm with ya on this. I expect a deluge of "tuffness" comments to follow your post, but the plain fact is that is part and parcel of the Rangers decline. A definite lack thereof.

Everybody gets that the days of a Derek Boogard playing in the NHL are over. Speed and Skill are the order of the day. But I suspect that you will now begin to see guys that have the speed, some size and of the skill and are just a mortal pain the ass to play against becoming more visible.

The Rangers became increasingly easy to play against on many levels. JG sees that and knows it needs to be rolled back. The players need to know they have each others back and that they will stick up for each other.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
RE Gorton saying he wants toughness and grit: Pretty confident he doesn't mean McLeod/Glass/Beleskey/etc. and he means more like Andersson/Lindgren/etc. Again, goes into the "character" aspect he's looking for in players along with skill and speed. Also means more about the complacency on the team like when Cody Eakin nailed Lundqvist behind the net.

LMAO Adam Herman got instantly ******** about that quote at face value and was comparing Gorton to Dundon and Bergevin.
He was comparing Gorton to the Hurricanes' owner? LOL. Anyway, I don't have a problem with wanting more toughness, or the team being tougher to play against. Like Go Away Staal said, as long as it's not in place of talent, but as an added element that other teams have to be wary of. I think Herman and people like him who at the sight of the word go insane are comical. Of course we don't want more Glass and Mcleod types, but I would assume that Gorton wasn't speaking to that.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016

LMAO Adam Herman got instantly ******** about that quote at face value and was comparing Gorton to Dundon and Bergevin.
What doesnt Herman get upset about?

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
I bet the guys in here shitting on Gorton were oohing and ahhing when Bergevin traded for Shaw and Weber.

For those acting like Gorton is some heathen, take a look at a guy like Bergevin. You don’t know how good we have it right now.

Reactions: GregSirico

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
I bet the guys in here ****ting on Gorton were oohing and ahhing when Bergevin traded for Shaw and Weber.

For those acting like Gorton is some heathen, take a look at a guy like Bergevin. You don’t know how good we have it right now.

or ...

oilers-gm-peter-chiarelli.jpg

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
I bet the guys in here ****ting on Gorton were oohing and ahhing when Bergevin traded for Shaw and Weber.

Who gives a f*** about Bergevin.
He's not running our team where our so called mastermind of a GM is about to sign an overaged UFA rather than the only players that have actually acomplished anything since 94..SMH

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
My preference is an RHD with 1st pairing upside. If Tkachuk and Dobson are there, I’d prefer Dobson.
Tkachuk isn’t my first choice but if they choose him at 8, so be it.

I mean, aside from Dahlin, I’d say my “guy” is Boqvist. I’d be happy with any of the top 10 guys at 8, though.

Reactions: Beacon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad