Jeff Carter

JVR21

Jan 27, 2010
He is a world class player who is a core player on a championship-caliber core.

We love him in LA. He's everything that Philly hoped he would be.
It was one of the best cases of a win-win trade that I can recall (through Columbus)

Rano

Aug 20, 2016
Yeah, he's saved the Kings with his play considering how underwhelming Kopitar has been. For the first time in what a decade he won't be the Kings point leader?

Yeah, it has been ten years. It will probably be this season with the way both are playing, although still a long way to go.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
I hate Carter with a burning passion. Dropped $350 on his jersey right after the Jackets traded for him, too. What a putz.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
He's a decent 2C, how is he underrated?

:laugh:

He's a legit 1st line calibre centre. And a pretty good one at that. The most you could really argue is that he's among the elite of the elite "#2Cs" like Couture, Carter, etc. (Spezza of a couple years ago...) And those types are still 1st line calibre forwards, they just play the 2nd line because of centre depth.

cbjpointman

It begins here
Mar 11, 2006
Absolutely despise the man. Least professional player in the league. Whined like a 4 year old girl (with apologies to 4 yo girls) when he was traded to CBJ. Then refused to play like a Pro, forcing the trade out to LA. Poster child for spoiled athletes.

Great player. Just a knob.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
He has been great in LA. Got married, has a kid and is a great leader on the team.

Yeah Carter is one of the guys I have in mind when I go to that "Sometimes the player you trade isn't the one the other team gets" thing. People mature differently, sometimes a trade is a catalyst.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
He's a way better center than he is a winger. His two way game, vision stand out more, and he just seems way more effective.

The only times he's ever been an elite winger are next to Mike Richards. Otherwise he has always been an elite center.

I'm not arguing that he is a better winger than a center. The fact is center is a deeper position in elite talent than wingers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad