DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
He's a decent 2C, how is he underrated?

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Yeah, he's saved the Kings with his play considering how underwhelming Kopitar has been. For the first time in what a decade he won't be the Kings point leader?

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Yeah, he's saved the Kings with his play considering how underwhelming Kopitar has been. For the first time in what a decade he won't be the Kings point leader?

Let's not go crazy. Kopitar was a monster all over the ice, just snakebitten. Then he got hurt, and Carter shone, and Kopi hasn't been the same since he came back (he's wearing a gigantic brace). Carter is playing with more offensive linemates in Toffoli (now injured) and Pearson, whereas Kopitar is playing a possession/grind game with Brown and Setoguchi. If for some reason Kopitar doesn't get going to late (keep in mind this happened a few years back and he went near 2 PPG to take the team scoring lead), it'll be the first time in 9 years. Basically, their utilization has changed, so Carts is the more offensive guy for certain at this moment.

But again, Carts has put up 62 points in each of the previous two years, and is on pace for 67 this year, so he was never far behind.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Another example is go back and look at the Team Canada selection threads--people frothing at the mouth over Carter's selection, only to watch him lead the team in scoring.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
love this guy

my type of player

two way beast with a bullet of a shot

hes automatic on an odd man rush with that shot

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
He consistently puts up 60+. On a lot of teams he would be 1C. To call him a decent 2C is ridiculous. There are very few teams that have a better 2C.

Steamwhistle

Nov 10, 2014
Toronto
Definitely underrated. Guy barely gets talked enough (maybe because he plays behind Kopitar) yet he still puts up 60pt seasons with solid defense.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
MVP this season for sure. Ever since he called out the team a couple of games ago the kings have looked a lot better.

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I'll contain my hatred for him for now. Guy is a hell of a player. Plays a hard game. Has a great hard shot. Makes big plays at important times. Always Mr. Clutch when he plays against my team. I'm sure he does it against other teams as well. Don't know if he's under rated. He's been a good player for a long time.

Now back to my hatred for him ;)

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
19 goals now, only player on the Kings who is in the double digits with goals, next closes player is Toffoli with 8

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
Rofl at people calling him overrated. Decent cap hit for what he does I guess as far as compliments goes.

Jeff would've scored 50 if I didn't miss 22 empty nets and then disappear for 22 games Carter

neXis

Jan 3, 2016
Should get a Hart trophy consideration if he keeps this up. He's been carrying the Kings this entire season and showing up, while Kopitar Mr. $10 million dollar man has not. And with their horrible roster and cap problems...I'm surprised they aren't getting destroyed by some teams. I thought they would be a bottom 5 team this season after they lost Quick.

Carter is the reason Kings are staying afloat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad