Jeff Carter

Plastic Joseph

Unregistered User
Mar 21, 2014
He's a decent 2C, how is he underrated?

You just proved he is apparently...

I didn't think he was underrated but I also consider him to be a star player, among the game's elite and I think most players in the league would agree with me. The guy can play with the best of them and also against and in no way is out of place.

I had to say "player x is a such and such liner" because it would vary team-to-team; but Carter is better than many players on 1st lines in the NHL.

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
Should get a Hart trophy consideration if he keeps this up. He's been carrying the Kings this entire season and showing up, while Kopitar Mr. $10 million dollar man has not. And with their horrible roster and cap problems...I'm surprised they aren't getting destroyed by some teams. I thought they would be a bottom 5 team this season after they lost Quick.

Carter is the reason Kings are staying afloat.

Carter has been crucial to the Kings good play without Quick, but this team wouldn't collapse without him. Under Sutter's possession style the Kings will always be competitive and be in the mix for a wild card spot. This team lives and dies thanks to its system, and less based on individual play. Hell, we were doing fine even when Kopitar, Gaborik, Quick and others were out injured.

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
More goals than Ovie at this point. Always like him, keep it up Jeff

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
His point totals have shades of that lockout season. Holy crap was he a dominant sniper that year.

I've been hoping for the flames to trade for him for years, first to center Iggy, and now still just to be a brilliant c/RW for us.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Hes an elite 2C. And hed be 1C on most non elite 1c team, if that makes any sense.

Ninth overall in scoring among centers and used in all situations.

I think he'd be considered a #1 C on most teams in the league. How many "elite" teams are out there? And how many elite centers exist?

He was always a 1B behind Kopitar since his arrival in LA, but this season he's surpassed him in performance.

For some inexplicable reason, Carter doesn't get enough credit for how good he is, which is an example of how criminally underrated he is on here.

TwzKing

Sponsor
Nov 19, 2004
Ninth overall in scoring among centers and used in all situations.

I think he'd be considered a #1 C on most teams in the league. How many "elite" teams are out there? And how many elite centers exist?

He was always a 1B behind Kopitar since his arrival in LA, but this season he's surpassed him in performance.

For some inexplicable reason, Carter doesn't get enough credit for how good he is, which is an example of how criminally underrated he is on here.

We would be a lottery team if it wasn't for Carter. On this road trip alone, he's carried them. Even with he steller d, he's the only king that can score seemingly at will.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
He is a world class player who is a core player on a championship-caliber core.

We love him in LA. He's everything that Philly hoped he would be.

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
Carter is in no way 2nd line player, he's one of the better 1st liners in the NHL and basically always been. He rounded his game very well over the years. He wasn't my favourite player on the Flyers, but I am glad that he is doing so well on the Kings, was important piece of Kings SC runs.

I can't forget Carter's 46 goals campaing on the Flyers. Very exciting times back then. He was going head-to-head with Ovechkin that year, but Ovechkin still scored 10 more goals...

Kings are happy with the trade and Flyers are also happy with the trade. We got terrific haul for both, Carter & Richards, acquired players who are much younger and core parts of our team.

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
Carter seems to avoid the limelight here in LA, and I think that's the way he likes it. But, maybe because of that, people underestimate how important he is to the Kings. I'm fond of saying he's the best skater (i.e. non-goalie) on the Kings not named Doughty or Kopitar, but he's having a better season than either of the them at this point.

And ditto to what Ziggy mentioned - it was laughable seeing people badmouth his selection for Team Canada at the Olympics and World Cup, then seeing them shut them up both times with standout performances.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Tied for 2nd in goals with 19, extremely good two-way player.

He's having an awesome season, hopefully he keeps it up.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Yet somehow, according to the know it alls out there, he had no business being selected to represent Canada at the World Cup.

I believe that you mean the Olympics. That's where many people were questioning his selection. I think that his performance in that tournament changed most people's minds about him and there wasn't nearly as much consternation about the World Cup selection (though perhaps a few people with short memories may've complained).

And ditto to what Ziggy mentioned - it was laughable seeing people badmouth his selection for Team Canada at the Olympics and World Cup, then seeing them shut them up both times with standout performances.

Carter was selected to the World Cup, but didn't go because of injury. I believe that he missed most of training camp, as well.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I believe that you mean the Olympics. That's where many people were questioning his selection. I think that his performance in that tournament changed most people's minds about him and there wasn't nearly as much consternation about the World Cup selection (though perhaps a few people with short memories may've complained).

Carter was selected to the World Cup, but didn't go because of injury. I believe that he missed most of training camp, as well.

When they announced the initial World Cup roster, prior to his injury, there was a large group of naysayers who were questioning the selection and ripping Hockey Canada for his selection.

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA

He was so good in the Olympics I thought he kicked butt in the World Cup, too. :laugh:

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
When they announced the initial World Cup roster, prior to his injury, there was a large group of naysayers who were questioning the selection and ripping Hockey Canada for his selection.

Yep. Easy enough to get confused considering the exact same thing happened after his solid performance at the Olympics.

Carter is the unsung hero of this team. Honestly, he and Richards are the main reason why he have won two Stanley Cups. And without him today, this team is likely in the basement.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
He's an elite finisher. A bit 1 sided, but he's not terrible in his own end either.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Yes, he's an skilled hockey player. He's still an ******* for what he pulled here. But when he's playing for a team he's willing to be part of, he's one of the more effective guys in the NHL.

* * *​
Carter seems to avoid the limelight here in LA, and I think that's the way he likes it.

That's... rather curious, given how many times we heard "Columbus is irrelevant and he wants bright lights and the big city" from apologists. Maybe he just doesn't think he can be as anonymous in a smaller market? :dunno:

* * *​
This is incorrect.

Given how he "played" here, it's understandable that one might come up with such a mistaken evaluation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad