Confirmed with Link: Jeff Carter signs two-year extension with Penguins

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Hate to offend you Jmac, but Doc is looking like another big guy who can’t process the game at the top level. Any words about that?

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Hate to offend you Jmac, but Doc is looking like another big guy who can’t process the game at the top level. Any words about that?

Could be the coaching

HC warning him NEVER to make one mistake........play defense.........

Sully is a big part of the problem, I'm amazed that more people don't see it

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Could be the coaching

HC warning him NEVER to make one mistake........play defense.........

Sully is a big part of the problem, I'm amazed that more people don't see it
Maybe. I’m a big believer that Pettersson/Marino stopped listening to the coach for these playoffs. They’re playing way different than how they usually play.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
For some reason, I feeling like blaming Jeff Carter (in part) for ERod's ridiculously stupid play and penalty last night.

I don't know why, and I admit it's totally illogical, but why couldn't Cartsy's magical leadership and experience have influenced ERod (either explicitly or telepathically) to not be such a f***ing idiot.

So I'm just going to go with it, however unreasonable. :mad:

Reactions: Gurglesons

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada

I have no idea what this is based on, and he wasn't given the opportunity to prove anything one way or another, aside from the fact that he's still a rookie who is being thrown into the fire of never having played in the NHL playoffs before.

I thought he was absolutely solid last night. He was excellent positionally, basically playing the C spot down low in the D zone on some shifts, and showed some effectiveness on the forecheck.

The only problem with DOC last night is that he wasn't played more in the 2nd and 3rd because Sullivan (arguably understandably) is trying to shelter him. I would have absolutely given him a few more shifts in each of those periods, and possibly more if he remained solid on each of them.

I have absolutely zero concerns with DOC's brain or processing ability.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Didn't they play DOC like less than 5 minutes or something?

Tough to come to any conclusion one way or the other, there.

Reactions: jmelm

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad