Jean Béliveau passes away at 83.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
I just want to say what a great man Mr. Beliveau was, what a class act he was and will always be a legend, one of the greatest captain in the history of the NHL. He was so humble and for him it was always the the success of the team first. Thank You for all the memories.

Merci pour tous les beaux souvenirs Mr. Beliveau, vous etre un vraie de vraie une legende, votre etoile brilleras a tous jamais.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Jean Beliveau's spirit will live on through all of the good he has accomplished. Let his life's work be picked up and carried forward by his family, the Habs org., and the NHL. Farewell to a great man and leader for so many in his lifetime.

Hydrostatic

Apr 30, 2013
RIP Jean Béliveau. Your mark on this team, this city, the league and the game of hockey will never be forgotten. A true gentleman and legend.

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
Just got off the phone with my grandad, who's 88. I didn't see him cry when his sister died a couple of years ago. He couldn't hold it in tonight. And he can't go to bed. This one hits hard.

Can't believe we will never see him again at the Bell.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I wish they would hold a national funeral for him!
He is the definition of a class act and the best player to ever play for la sainte flanelle! :( je suis très tristre!

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
He took time to write to every single fan.

tumblr_n3s7x2VT2Q1shr61qo1_1280.jpg

Wow, this picture is a study in contrasts with Evander Kane doing pushups with roughly that much paper in the form of bills stacked on his back.

Wonderful player and ambassador. Grace on the ice, and dignity after retiring from it.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Our noble prince has passed away. An example for any young person on how to behave. A rare hockey personality who is globally honored beyond all rivalry lines.

Rest in peace, sir. I was honored to play the same game you did, although nowhere near as well, and I've always tried to be a man of honor as you were, although you were so graceful and kind, this inner city boy never matched your class. But you showing the example made me want to try my best at treating people well, and you showed a whole nation how to be a man's man.

Bob Cole

Tom ******* Brady
Oct 30, 2009
would be awesome if someone who knows photoshop could create #4 avatars

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
When I was 14, Mr. Béliveau helped finance a hockey exchange trip of mine. My team was spending the Holidays in Europe. He was very supportive of the experience, but wanted to keep his contribution low-profile. He wrote me a beautiful letter and asked that he'd only be referred to as "un ami". I'll cherish this letter forever.

Repose en paix, mon ami.

Kachino

@kachino82
Feb 16, 2008
Montreal
I'm 32. Habs fan all my life. Never seen him play. Never met him. Why am I that sad? :(

His influence really transcended generations. I remember going to the Bell Center and always trying to find him behind the Montreal's bench. RIP to a true legend of Quebec, of Montreal, of Canada and of the Hockey world.

Crusher117

Feb 2, 2013
Montreal
Never saw him play. Never saw the team he ran play.
His name engraved on The Cup 17 times.
Read and heard about The Legend of Mr. Beliveau.
His leadership, skills and class on and off the ice.
The kindness that he shared with all his fans.
He has touched many lives even my own.
Tonight its with a sadden heart I say : Thank you for all you have done for my team and all hockey fans around the world.
Rest in peace Mr. Beliveau. #4

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
I'm 32. Habs fan all my life. Never seen him play. Never met him. Why am I that sad? :(

His influence really transcended generations. I remember going to the Bell Center and always trying to find him behind the Montreal's bench. RIP to a true legend of Quebec, of Montreal, of Canada and of the Hockey world.

Oh I'm in my thirties too, I'm sad also.

Heroes shouldn't die.

My father saw him play, he loved him, cited him as an example for me and my brother. Don't have it in me to tell him, and I know he's up at this hour, he's a night owl...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad