JC's Change Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
1.I thought Barry Smith was given the responsibility for running the pp...yet it sounds like Colliton was giving the pp instructions at practice?What gives?

2. Colliton apparently running much longer practices than Q ever did ...GOOD....heaven knows our guys NEED more practice to execute correctly. JC should tell them all practices will be this long until they prove to him they can be competent in executing what he wants. Country Club coddling is over...

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
1.I thought Barry Smith was given the responsibility for running the pp...yet it sounds like Colliton was giving the pp instructions at practice?What gives?

2. Colliton apparently running much longer practices than Q ever did ...GOOD....heaven knows our guys NEED more practice to execute correctly. JC should tell them all practices will be this long until they prove to him they can be competent in executing what he wants. Country Club coddling is over...
It seemed odd that they had Colliton practicing with PP1, and Smith practicing with PP2.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

So he's doing exactly what I said he was doing/will do.

giphy.gif

Reactions: djeck42

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Doesn't mean it's the right thing to do, just because you agree with it. There have been coaches that have come in, changed a lot, and have been successful. Its concerning that he thinks the system is fine, for the most part.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Doesn't mean it's the right thing to do, just because you agree with it. There have been coaches that have come in, changed a lot, and have been successful. Its concerning that he thinks the system is fine, for the most part.

I argued that it was the logical thing to do, nothing more.

That's not really what he said. And I also doubt he is going to reveal everything to the press and/or openly criticize Q in day 1 of his new job...

Reactions: Marotte Marauder

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I dont think these views that in season immediately so much changes with coaching changes. You change and coach up over time always like that.

But even the Powers article today with King had a lot of comments from him saying they were trying to run systems the same way a lot which is what you want from development team. He had points that reflect differently like less bringing everyone low in the dzone but more looking for having the advantage going on O. But that's not somehow in 1 practice and 1 morning skate you're gonna change up

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I hope anyone and everyone posting in this thread watched the Hawks presser yesterday with Rocky, John McD, Bowman, and JC. It's, IMHO required viewing to have any sort of substantial opinion on anything Blackhawks going forward.

FWIW everyone at that table said specifically that there won't be drastic changes immediately. So fans expecting that are setting themselves up for disappointment

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I am really hoping he changes things quite a bit one way or another. But it would be interesting to see the reactions around here if the PP still sucks, and Kunitz, Martinsen and Manning are all regulars in the line up. I will understand if the team is still struggling and not getting results on the ice since it will be a new system, but it will be comedy gold to see the reactions if those first two things stay status quo.
If Kunitz, Martinsen and Manning stay in the lineup I might shit a brick and blow a gasket. I don't know if I could continue to watch. It would mean that I am very wrong about Q and that would make me sad, because it means the Hawks are f***ed.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I’m positive that if JC is a good coach, he’ll see Manning play a few games, and then ship him to Rockford, or Disneyland or wherever. Guys just not good at hockey, and literally every person with eyes can see this.

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
Yeah, some fans are going to be upset when das wunderkind keeps the lineups basically the same.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
I hope anyone and everyone posting in this thread watched the Hawks presser yesterday with Rocky, John McD, Bowman, and JC. It's, IMHO required viewing to have any sort of substantial opinion on anything Blackhawks going forward.

FWIW everyone at that table said specifically that there won't be drastic changes immediately. So fans expecting that are setting themselves up for disappointment

John McD appears to be in charge in that crew. Hopefully he doesnt have much if any influence on the hockey side of things.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
John McD appears to be in charge in that crew. Hopefully he doesnt have much if any influence on the hockey side of things.

Zawaski mentioned in passing that Scotty Bowman appears to be "very involved" with the hockey side. I took this as him being the one calling the shots. I am ok with this.

I am willing to bet the Bowman has the ear of everyone.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Zawaski mentioned in passing that Scotty Bowman appears to be "very involved" with the hockey side. I took this as him being the one calling the shots. I am ok with this.

I am willing to bet the Bowman has the ear of everyone.
Jay is now also saying he has another source saying Scotty is hardly involved Just from time to time offers advice as what fits the senior advisor title.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Jay is now also saying he has another source saying Scotty is hardly involved Just from time to time offers advice as what fits the senior advisor title.
I don't see Scotty that involved anymore, I mean he doesn't even go to many games anymore from what I have seen...I am sure he gives advice and offers some help, but he seems like someone that spends more time away from the game than inside it anymore...and by the way, I would be very happy if he was more involved than thought or known, he has a tremendous mind and a treasure chest of knowledge for anyone willing to listen.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

So logically we should take Jay at his work and average it out which means he is involved but not running the show. I am willing to bet if he suggests something 9 times out of 10 it happens due to his stature.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I've seen nothing either way indicated but I wonder if shot types will change under JC.

Slap shots are league wide declining year by year lately but the Hawks had been top 5 of taking slap shots in recent years. And theres been interviews of players and Q saying yeah they go for that hoping to power them through or by goalies. So I wonder if they will shift away more, especially on D and Keith specifically. The Keith wind up shin shot is legendary but maybe now they'll push to get shots threw or even shoot for defections more.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I've seen nothing either way indicated but I wonder if shot types will change under JC.

Slap shots are league wide declining year by year lately but the Hawks had been top 5 of taking slap shots in recent years. And theres been interviews of players and Q saying yeah they go for that hoping to power them through or by goalies. So I wonder if they will shift away more, especially on D and Keith specifically. The Keith wind up shin shot is legendary but maybe now they'll push to get shots threw or even shoot for defections more.

Slap shots are more of a relic than Q, and it doesn't surprise me at all this was part of their game plan. They have very limited use cases... Basically, the only time you should be taking a slap shot is if it's a one-timer. And even then...snap one timers are probably more effective. Goals are scored because of the element of surprise, and not letting the goalie get set. All a slap shot does is allow the goalie to get set... I cannot tell you the last time I scored a goal with a slap shot, and I have a heavy slap shot. I simply never use it. There's no need.

Reactions: ChiHawks10
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia