JC's Change Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
they won 4 games in the last 10 the new players are giving more effort then the players on the roster in the early part of the year lol you would think they won the cup. people have there blinders on. they played this way at the beginning of the year with a much worse roster...remember they were in first place. they overhauled half the roster and will continue to be so so. because its not the coach its not the systems its the players. they have a few better players so they will scale up a bit but they will not make a run.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
they won 4 games in the last 10 the new players are giving more effort then the players on the roster in the early part of the year lol you would think they won the cup. people have there blinders on. they played this way at the beginning of the year with a much worse roster...remember they were in first place. they overhauled half the roster and will continue to be so so. because its not the coach its not the systems its the players. they have a few better players so they will scale up a bit but they will not make a run.

Haven't seen anybody acting that way.

Firing Q and going to Colliton wasn't about winning this year or getting into the playoffs this year, despite what the front office people said in Colliton's opening press conference.

It's about developing a new system more tailored to the modern style of the game, and to get these guys acclimated to that system sooner rather than later so it can compete with that system in a few years.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Lol @ the Q fanboys still posting record comparisons. Q won 3 games in regulation time (2 against lower end playoff teams - Ducks/Jackets). His record gets propped up by the 3v3 wins to start the year when he had a number of guys riding an insanely high/unsustainable shooting %. I think Toews was on pace for 100 goals at that point.... that's just luck that gets evened out of the course of the year. I mean even look at who they beat in OT... Blues 2x and the Sens. Is that really that impressive? Blues are 1 point out of last place and Q was fortunate enough to see them 3x in his tenure this year... that's 20% of his games. Must be nice!

And yes, in the long run 3v3 wins are less impressive than regulation. Since the NHL switched to 3v3 OT ive wanted them to get rid of the ROW tiebreaker and change it to straight regulation wins.

Reactions: Callidusblackhawk

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
A win is a win.

If you’re in a playoff race yes. This year I’m really just looking for progress. Winning in 60 is for sure more impressive than being tied after 60 and winning in a format that isn’t used in the playoffs and is a bit of a novelty.

Reactions: jls24

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Lol @ the Q fanboys still posting record comparisons. Q won 3 games in regulation time (2 against lower end playoff teams - Ducks/Jackets). His record gets propped up by the 3v3 wins to start the year when he had a number of guys riding an insanely high/unsustainable shooting %. I think Toews was on pace for 100 goals at that point.... that's just luck that gets evened out of the course of the year. I mean even look at who they beat in OT... Blues 2x and the Sens. Is that really that impressive? Blues are 1 point out of last place and Q was fortunate enough to see them 3x in his tenure this year... that's 20% of his games. Must be nice!

And yes, in the long run 3v3 wins are less impressive than regulation. Since the NHL switched to 3v3 OT ive wanted them to get rid of the ROW tiebreaker and change it to straight regulation wins.
you realize these would count for JC if they got to 3 on 3. they didnt.

Callidusblackhawk

Feb 15, 2012
Downers Grove, Illinois

That would be you. They didn't play this way. They have changed their systems. It took awhile and it was ugly as f*** at first but they play differently than they did to start the year.

swerdnase

Jan 27, 2013

Going back to a previous topic in this thread, at the 3:30 mark of the above video Colliton states that the last time the team practiced before today was December 8th.

Reactions: Pez68

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
From Powers:

Sixth defenseman:
Brent Seabrook has played the fewest 5-on-5 minutes among the Blackhawks’ defensemen in each of the past five games. Keith has played a team-high 94:27 of 5-on-5 ice time in the last five games, and Seabrook has played 62:31. The lack of ice time hasn’t exactly helped Seabrook. In the past five games, he has a 37.61 Corsi percentage and has been on the ice for three goals for and four goals against.
For the season, Seabrook is among the bottom 50 players in the league in Corsi against per 60 minutes, shots against per 60, scoring chances against per 60 and goals against per 60.”

And that’s with Jokiharju away from the team. I’m going to be surprised if Colliton doesn’t bench Seabrook when Joki returns.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
More:

Non-possession team: As Kane mentioned recently, the path for these Blackhawks appears to be without puck possession. During this seven-game stretch, the Blackhawks have a 45.22 Corsi percentage. For the season, the Blackhawks are on pace to have their worst Corsi percentage since the 2007-08 season. They’re currently 17th in the NHL with a 49.55 Corsi percentage.

The last time the Blackhawks finished below 50 percent was the 2007-08 season, when they had a 49.81 percentage. This season they’ve had 1,814 shot attempts for and 1,834 shot attempts against. Of their 39 games, they’ve had more shot attempts in 18 games, fewer shot attempts in 19 games and the same in two games.

Where the Blackhawks especially have struggled this season is giving up high-danger chances. They’re last in the league allowing 13.4 high-danger chances against per 60 minutes. The Boston Bruins are the league’s best at 8.77. If the Blackhawks keep this pace, this would be the fifth consecutive season they’ve allowed a higher rate of high-danger chances than the season before. Toews, Gustafsson, Saad, Seabrook and Kane are among the bottom of the league in being on the ice for high-danger chances against.”

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Changing systems means a little bit. But having a healthy Murphy, forsling and dahlstrom up helps a lot. The forwards seem more engaged in their own zone.
The biggest positive for colliton and even q if he was still the coach your not stuck relying on manning, Rutta or davidson as regular playing dmen.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
One word Delia and when that comment was said the team was like 3-14-2 under JC and was more than an embarrassment, now apparently you think the team is a contender or something, last I looked we were still second to last place lol

No one thinks this team is a contender but they are much better now that the new systems have started to take hold. JC's roster management has been much better as well. There is seems to be something there with JC.

Delia looks really good so far. He has cut his over-aggression that we saw last season which has helped. He looks really smooth right now. He has #1 potential.

All of this being said this team needs another high pick to really accelerate the rebuild. If the Hawks get the high pick and maybe a first for AA and Gus then then team will be in really good shape going forward. This leads to who they can sign in the offseason (Stone, Panarin, maybe Karlsson if he is cheaper than expexted(there is much more detail with this signing as it would most likely lead to other moves)). Our Hawks are in really good shape cap wise and prospect wise.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
No one thinks this team is a contender but they are much better now that the new systems have started to take hold. JC's roster management has been much better as well. There is seems to be something there with JC.

Delia looks really good so far. He has cut his over-aggression that we saw last season which has helped. He looks really smooth right now. He has #1 potential.

All of this being said this team needs another high pick to really accelerate the rebuild. If the Hawks get the high pick and maybe a first for AA and Gus then then team will be in really good shape going forward. This leads to who they can sign in the offseason (Stone, Panarin, maybe Karlsson if he is cheaper than expexted(there is much more detail with this signing as it would most likely lead to other moves)). Our Hawks are in really good shape cap wise and prospect wise.

Did I say they are not better now? I don’t think JC is better than Q as some might think, he just got fortunate with some moves and some players being inserted into the roster and also some players elevating their play. Again this is all a small sample still and Delia was spectacular in all his 3 wins...

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Did I say they are not better now? I don’t think JC is better than Q as some might think, he just got fortunate with some moves and some players being inserted into the roster and also some players elevating their play. Again this is all a small sample still and Delia was spectacular in all his 3 wins...

Then I once again contend that you don't understand what you're watching.

Reactions: Marotte Marauder

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

I never said that you didn't.

Q at the end was pretty terrible. The last 2 seasons for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad