Blue Jays Discussion: Jays quiet at deadline; Lester to A's, Price to Tigers

Status
Not open for further replies.

DatsyukianDeke*

They moved him so they could get out from under that contract. They saw the writing on the wall during his playoff performance last year and a made smart business decision. Prior to the opportunity coming up, they were prepared to play Castellanos in LF, and re-sign Infante at 2B. Once they were able to get out from under the nuclear contract, they adjusted accordingly.

I don't really get how its not a valid comparison. Star player, tremendous producer, signs free agent contract with the justification being that it will all be worth it in the end if it culminates in a championship.

As for Cano, how long do we think he'll be able to maintain his range at 2B past the age of 32? Not to mention his power already fading (lowest iso of his career).

No, Fielder and Cano are not comparable. They moved Fielder because Cabrera was hurt every year he was playing 3rd base. Fielder is terrible at defense, Cano is elite.

Cano will be good for awhile, just like Bautista and Edwin are great even at their age. If you win the World Series who cares how much you pay him for 9 more years.

Last edited by a moderator:

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
just checking twitter

Robin Williams died ?
yikes
Actor Robin Williams has died aged 63 from an apparent suicide, police in California said tonight)

MLB Injury News ‏@MLBInjuryNews 2m
Tigers Injury Update: Justin Verlander exits with sore right shoulder

Last edited:

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
A KC loss or a Tigers loss combined with a win tonight either way is good for us. The Royals have been so hot that they could take over the AL Central lead tonight. We could be a 1 game behind Detroit for the 2nd WC game or be half a game back of KC if they lose. Either way a win tonight and we're gaining on somebody.

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
Did anyone see Ferguson's article on TSN that said Rogers has given AA the go ahead to add a $10mi contract this season? He speculates some names. The most intriguing to me being Colon and Hill.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Did anyone see Ferguson's article on TSN that said Rogers has given AA the go ahead to add a $10mi contract this season? He speculates some names. The most intriguing to me being Colon and Hill.

Hmm interesting, I'm not sure which one I'd prefer. On one hand Colon would be a great late season arm, but we could really use Hill's bat. In the end I'd go after Hill, the bat is way more important right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad