Blue Jays Discussion: Jays quiet at deadline; Lester to A's, Price to Tigers

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Thanks. Was on my phone and it would have been difficult to start a new thread.

Carry on from the last thread without the personal stuff that seemed to be starting in there please

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Last 5 pages tl;dr:

Bautista made comments that were taken out of context because the full quote wasn't posted and people are freaking out because they believe everything they read and don't do their own research. Someone should post the full quote

Consultant

Sep 12, 2010
Not sure why all the headshake photo replies.
A trade for top talent would have cost a roster player. Hence one of his teammates.
That is throwing your teammates under the bus, telling them "hey I'm the leader and we are not good enough". Horrible attitude. He is a player not a GM. He should be getting ripped for this.

mikebel111*

Thanks. Was on my phone and it would have been difficult to start a new thread.

Carry on from the last thread without the personal stuff that seemed to be starting in there please

I will take responsibility for it. Sorry guys.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Well like after a tough loss, when you put a mic in front of athletes they will sometimes show emotion. If we can continue to go out and win this will be forgotten soon.

Consultant

Sep 12, 2010
Pull him from the line up tonight.
If he wants to be GM, let him sit upstairs.
I bet his teammates would love that, and might show him they are quite capable.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
A trade for top talent would have cost a roster player. Hence one of his teammates.
That is throwing your teammates under the bus, telling them "hey I'm the leader and we are not good enough". Horrible attitude. He is a player not a GM. He should be getting ripped for this.

And then he said "or it also shows that the GM has confidence in our team and so do I". I'm paraphrasing here but do some research before running your mouth my god

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario

Except that other teammates have come out and said they agree with Bautista and he is essentially speaking for the team :laugh: and you people want him to be a leader on this team

Consultant

Sep 12, 2010
And then he said "or it also shows that the GM has confidence in our team and so do I". I'm paraphrasing here but do some research before running your mouth my god

He had to know that by opening his mouth he would create this headline. Sure he hedged his comments, but he still made the comments. Look at the headline on Sportsnet, hedged or not that is the message his teammates are getting. Mark this date down as the day the Jays team fell apart. This guys a cancer.

mikebel111*

Okay. I was upset at the comments but seeing the rest of it, it seems I freaked out.
Your a little harsh I think

Consultant

Sep 12, 2010
maybe I take the team aspect of hockey and apply it incorrectly to baseball, but in hockey if you did this it would not sit well with your teammates.

mikebel111*

He had to know that by opening his mouth he would create this headline. Sure he hedged his comments, but he still made the comments. Look at the headline on Sportsnet, hedged or not that is the message his teammates are getting. Mark this date down as the day the Jays team fell apart. This guys a cancer.

We will see how team responds, but cancer? Really?

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.

Sitting your best player while you fighting for a playoff spot and you're already struggling with injuries doesnt seem like a good idea to me.

AA should hold a team meeting tho imo. Let the players speak their minds while explaining to them the reasons why a move wasnt made and that they could still make moves after the deadline.

Ronald Ocean

Disregard username
Sep 12, 2008
Off topic thought, how stupid are the Mariners in developing hitters? Looking at Zuninos career stats he crushed A ball, went straight to AAA, hit .220 and gets called up and is now a fulltime big leaguer? No wonder they can't develop hitters.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario

That is the message the team will hear when other teammates have come out and said essentially the whole locker room feels the same way? Right......

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton

Holy overreaction batman!

People are this pissed about those comments? Jesus. Of course he's disappointed. Not just at the lack of moves but other teams you have to play in the playoffs improved and you didn't. Others have said the same thing.

People now saying bench Bautista? Really? Ya let's throw in the towel despite being in a good spot.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
I am glad he spoke up...and honestly it really wasn't that much if you watch the short interview. Over blown for sure. Really need to watch/hear the question and answer.

Go Jays Go!

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Anyone listening to Greg Zaun right now?

mikebel111*

Zaun shut your mouth!
Did he just say we should have emptied the farm for one impact player?
Alright
Sanchez, Norris, Pompey+ for Price
Looks fair.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
We have been losers for so long that just the hint of playoffs is making everyone go nuts trying to load up for a run.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
We have been losers for so long that just the hint of playoffs is making everyone go nuts trying to load up for a run.

Probably because we could instantly fall to 5th in the al east next season

mikebel111*

Rasmus scratched from lineup.
Injury? Or they like Gose more right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad