Blue Jays Discussion: Jays draft IF/OF Austin Martin at #5 overall. Time to celebrate

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Yes, and that's probably why he didn't go day I. But on pure stuff (especially trackman data) he's considered among the very best in the draft (I think ranked 4th overall in composite pitcher analytics).

I'd love to somehow get him tonight, but I'm expecting Caissie at 42, which I can live with.
Agreed. I am good with Caissie too if the Jays need to save for Martin. I think we well get a better read on what Martin is looking to get by who the Jays go with on that second pick.

Beeter's stuff looks intriguing for sure. He would be high upside get at 42 if his medical issues are behind him. He seems to have a floor of a high leverage bullpen arm.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Heads up that I've been negligent in closing this thread because the conversation has been pretty consistent/constant and I've also been kinda lazy (Also I feel bad even saying that I've been negligent as if I can claim ownership of these threads since they're not on my home board where I actually am an assigned moderator. :laugh:)

I will be swapping out for a new thread prior to the second day of the draft starting in ~3 hours. I may also choose to use a 1st-post-sticky to track draft info and keep things like scouting reports and draft reactions for drafted players.

If you have links that you want to contribute to that, it'd be awesome if you could @ me with them in your post (in this thread before it closes or in the next one) because it'll save me reading 20+ pages from the last couple days to find everything that's already been posted at some point.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Heads up that I've been negligent in closing this thread because the conversation has been pretty consistent/constant and I've also been kinda lazy (Also I feel bad even saying that I've been negligent as if I can claim ownership of these threads since they're not on my home board where I actually am an assigned moderator. :laugh:)

I will be swapping out for a new thread prior to the second day of the draft starting in ~3 hours. I may also choose to use a 1st-post-sticky to track draft info and keep things like scouting reports and draft reactions for drafted players.

If you have links that you want to contribute to that, it'd be awesome if you could @ me with them in your post (in this thread before it closes or in the next one) because it'll save me reading 20+ pages from the last couple days to find everything that's already been posted at some point.

Jeez, get on it slacker :sarcasm:

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
his coach was on overdrive today suggesting he could make the leap this year for at least a stint if the rosters are expanded given lack of playing time in developmental leagues with covid stuff, that would be pretty crazy

Reactions: stickty111

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
I'd almost expect him to be on an expanded roster given the probability there may be no other team for him to go to.

Be around the team, meet teammates, coaches, etc. and also get to use the team facilities or facilities of wherever they're playing.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
his coach was on overdrive today suggesting he could make the leap this year for at least a stint if the rosters are expanded given lack of playing time in developmental leagues with covid stuff, that would be pretty crazy
I heard that. I doubt he gets any time in the majors, but what are teams going to do with a lot of their prospects? If a team started out 9-21 or something they may let them play.

Reactions: kb

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Teams aren't going to start service time on non mlb ready prospects just for them to get experience. I imagine teams will just have their similar level talent play against each other in inter squad games then a lot will go play winter ball.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Teams aren't going to start service time on non mlb ready prospects just for them to get experience. I imagine teams will just have their similar level talent play against each other in inter squad games then a lot will go play winter ball.

If I remember correctly there were also some talks of expanding the AFL.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Doesn't seem Orioles used the likley saved bonus pool money at 30 or 37. I guess they will go heavy in 3, 4, 5 or Angelos is just going cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad