Claimed off Waivers: Jayce Hawryluk placed on Waivers - Claimed by Ottawa

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Rangers need an upgrade in depth. I hope they claim him
Yes we do, he was pretty good and stunted a bit down here. Given some time, I doubt he disappoints whoever picks him up. Hopefully NYR.

Meanwhile @RainingRats did we just throw out a possible trade piece if we were going to make any kind of deal with NYR? Not that I hope Kreider goes anywhere, but if he has to I obviously want him coming up the road from where I live. And no on Skjei, we already have Ek.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Yes we do, he was pretty good and stunted a bit down here. Given some time, I doubt he disappoints whoever picks him up. Hopefully NYR.

Meanwhile @RainingRats did we just throw out a possible trade piece if we were going to make any kind of deal with NYR? Not that I hope Kreider goes anywhere, but if he has to I obviously want him coming up the road from where I live. And no on Skjei, we already have Ek.

Hawryluk has almost no value. Us basically getting rid of him to clear a roster spot for other moves makes that clear.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Good speed, decent hands. Terrible decision making with the puck and takes a lot of stupid penalties.

Still, one of the only Panther players that had any grit and they waive him lol. Total dumpster fire.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008

Gotta think they’re freeing up a spot for a roster move. Could just be an AHL guy being called up though.

Reactions: klabob

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
I could definitely see him claimed. There are few teams with massive IR lists, like Columbus and San Jose for example, that could be looking for a warm NHL body.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Nice. We did something
Take care of Hawk...he really is a likable player. If Bob was still the coach, he'd still be here. Quenneville doesn't trust him and prefers to have defensemen on the 4th line, which doesn't bother me because Q is Q.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
hows that?
Waiver costs

A team has to pay another one to claim a player off of waivers.
The amount is determined by the player's position combined with years served under contract (with the underlying idea being a younger, more inexperienced player hitting waivers probably hasn't received the same number of chances and is more likely to turn it around, therefore its a bigger lost for the original club, and so a bigger waiver cost, versus an older player who is likely a journeyman or a veteran who is on waivers due to decline, and therefore they cost peanuts).

It's a straight club-to-club transaction with no implication on salary cap, essentially buying out the player's contract from the other club.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Hmm. I'm surprised Florida waived him. I feel like there would have been trade interest.

Certainly I think the Oilers and a few other teams would have made a play on him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad