Claimed off Waivers: Jayce Hawryluk placed on Waivers - Claimed by Ottawa

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
I hope Calgary goes after him. Checks a lot of boxes of what we are looking for.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
I could maybe see him getting poached here. It's at a very precarious position near the TDL and people might want to maintain their roster spots but he's a suitable bottom 6 option for teams in a pinch, especially if teams are suffering from injury. He's not bad. This is probably one of the first waives in 2020 where I have to really stop and think "would I?"

What's really saving him for Florida is the fact that we're so close to that TDL.

Reactions: Chainshot

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
He’s worth taking a chance on. He adds some grit to the bottom 6. Unfortunately he can’t stay healthy and makes stupid decisions from time to time.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
I would easily claim him and have him play over Gauthier on the 4th line. Leafs don't need him to score. They would just need him to play with some jam.

Reactions: Acetylene

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Can easily see him being claimed.

This close to the TDL, at the very least, there will be a couple teams looking for reliable depth before the ship out a number of roster players

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I would easily claim him and have him play over Gauthier on the 4th line. Leafs don't need him to score. They would just need him to play with some jam.

He would play over Timashov, not Gauthier.

Hawryluk is not a center.

I would take him to compete with Timashov. We have enough injuries right now where we might as well see if he can turn into an asset for next year, or makes Timashov available for a trade.

I doubt he makes it to us though. Some bottom feeder will give him a shot.

BillR10

Nov 16, 2008
Cant see him getting past the sharks on the waiver priority if he makes it to them in the first place. Hes still young enough with some upside to fit the auditions for next years team.

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
I've seen three teams bandied about for him on the Twitters
-Vancouver: Had previous interest in him, but I can't see them dumping someone off their current roster to make room for him.
-San Jose: Played quite a bit for Bob Boughner when the latter coached in Florida. Sharks are probably looking for warm bodies as they play out the stretch.
-Winnipeg: I'm guessing maybe the Manitoba connection? (He played 200+ games for the Brandon Wheat Kings)

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->