Player Discussion Jay Beagle

KingofSurrey

Jan 15, 2020
in da hood
I would take Snoop Dog on my hockey team over Jay Beagle....

609f79c036f54c4564ab72e0f89df98f.gif

Reactions: vanuck

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
So what happened to Beagle?
Just like with the Demko contract, the team seems to want to keep tight-lipped about everything right now so I doubt we'll find out exactly what happened for a bit

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I don't even remember him getting injured and he's on the LTIR with whispers of it leading into next season or permanently.

Reactions: Dab

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I don't even remember him getting injured and he's on the LTIR with whispers of it leading into next season or permanently.

Same. Don't remember him leaving the game early or anything but his injury did come at a time when the Canucks were running into injury issues so I didn't really think much when I heard Beagle was out and not travelling with the team. LTIR I get, but expected to be on LTIR next season? Wow.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
Same. Don't remember him leaving the game early or anything but his injury did come at a time when the Canucks were running into injury issues so I didn't really think much when I heard Beagle was out and not travelling with the team. LTIR I get, but expected to be on LTIR next season? Wow.

LITR for the whole season would be just fine

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
"Hossa Disease"

Hossa Disease is highly prevalent in over-paid, underperforming hockey players over the age of 33. It has similar symptoms to Datsyukitis.

“Some nights I couldn’t lay down because on the sheets, just turning was painful. I had to sleep in a straight-back wooden chair with a sheet on me,” Reid recalled. “It was not a lot of fun.”

“I played 35 to 36 games that final year because I spent so much time with the doctor,” Reid said. “They though it was a combination of my body type and the heat of my body during playing time. They tried to cool me down, squirt me with water whenever I got off the ice. All that did was add weight to my equipment. In the '77-78 season, the doctors said, ‘We’ve been given you steroids, cortisone, but can’t do it anymore. You’ll be dead by 40.’ So I stepped away.”

Former Blackhawks defenseman Tom Reid discusses allergy that ended his career

Read up on how skin conditions (and concomitant medication side effects) can make hell of some people's lives, in this case a player from the 1970's who had a similar kind of issue to Hossa's and had to retire. By the way, Hossa still managed to scored 26 goals in 73 games in his final season; not exactly a stiff.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
has there been any update on Beagle? I think I remember hearing that he had return to the ice in a non contact sweater but that was about a month ago.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
has there been any update on Beagle? I think I remember hearing that he had return to the ice in a non contact sweater but that was about a month ago.
With the season winding down, I doubt we'll ever find out. He's almost a guaranteed buy-out candidate this summer.

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
With the season winding down, I doubt we'll ever find out. He's almost a guaranteed buy-out candidate this summer.

$1.4M in cash payout to net cap savings of only 400k. Unlikely that they would buy out Beagle; there are better candidates, especially Virtanen.

Reactions: F A N

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015
Jim's big free agent signings - Get them on injury reserve asap (if you are lucky), and buy them out (if you are lucky). Then within a few years they are out of the league. Wow now there is cap space! Time to re-tool!

Reactions: petka and mriswith

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad