Value of: Jason Zucker

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
It sounds like Coyotes fans don't really want to move anything with any value (unless it's a piece they don't need and can try to pawn it off to someone else). Which is fine. Frankly I don't see why you guys need or want Zucker anyway, your top 6 left wings are Keller and Schmaltz.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
It sounds like Coyotes fans don't really want to move anything with any value (unless it's a piece they don't need and can try to pawn it off to someone else). Which is fine. Frankly I don't see why you guys need or want Zucker anyway, your top 6 left wings are Keller and Schmaltz.

Hinostroza is capable of scoring goals, but has never hit 20. Zucker has routinely hit 20. We need to put the puck in the back of the net. Zucker does that with more regularity.

I am still not certain I understand the "no value" thing. This sounds like the case of Wild fans overvaluing pieces on their team. Scandella was allegedly worth the value of a top 10 pick during the expansion draft. Things like that. Trust me, I remember the conversations.

As many have stated, Fischer and a 1st is better than many of the other deals that were offered. Hinostroza is better than Fischer at this stage, and they project similarly, even though they are different sizes of players.

Outside of the Jost offer from the Colorado fan (since I am certain that Colorado wants to give their player to an in-division foe), where is a better offer at, and if it is such a poor offer, why is no one coming over the top of it?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
You’re forgetting that the Wild don’t have to move Zucker. If the whole idea is to be wow’d by an offer enough to move him, these ain’t it.....except the Jost deal.

Even that one isn’t “wow”, it’s just enticing enough to have a potential 2C.

But yeah, you’re spot on. The 1st for Zucker would be nice, but if this guy is a consistent 20-30 goal scorer, defensively sound, has speed, and has a reasonable contract, what do Fischer or Hinostroza do? Nothing.

Reactions: Dickie Dunn

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
If you look at comparables for Zucker:
- Tatar : 1st, 2nd, 3rd
- Hayes : 1st + B prospect
- Zuccarello : 2nd (to be a 1st if Zucc had played enough games) + 3rd (to be a 1st if resigned)
- Dzingel : 2nd + 2nd

Given these, I do not see Zucker fetching more than a 1st and a 2nd but maybe I am wrong ! And MIN does not seem willing to rebuild right now as MIN fans have told me before the season started so not sure the question will even be asked.

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
If you look at comparables for Zucker:
- Tatar : 1st, 2nd, 3rd
- Hayes : 1st + B prospect
- Zuccarello : 2nd (to be a 1st if Zucc had played enough games) + 3rd (to be a 1st if resigned)
- Dzingel : 2nd + 2nd

Given these, I do not see Zucker fetching more than a 1st and a 2nd but maybe I am wrong ! And MIN does not seem willing to rebuild right now as MIN fans have told me before the season started so not sure the question will even be asked.
Ever heard of UFA and trade deadline?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
MN is old/slow/needs goal scoring up front. They have no business trading Zucker, who is fast, scores goals, and is still reasonably young.

The only way he should be traded is for a top 6 C. Don't ask me who. RNH is too much, Wennberg too little.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
MN is old/slow/needs goal scoring up front. They have no business trading Zucker, who is fast, scores goals, and is still reasonably young.

The only way he should be traded is for a top 6 C. Don't ask me who. RNH is too much, Wennberg too little.

If you are trading for a top 6 C, I would think that MIN has to add to Zucker to guarantee a younger, faster player who also puts up as many goals as Zucker. :dunno:

But I am certain that you dont want to add considering that will start a rebuild by giving up picks.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Putting words in my mouth with the "Faster, younger" comment, Bux7PHX?

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I don’t think this is the right time to trade Zucker. He’s arguably our best forward and could still be of use in a few years. Not to mention, we’re not going to get near full value for him. He’s playing on an offensively challenged team with no play drivers. The one year he had good players to play with, he was a 33 goal scorer. I think he’s a legit 30 goal guy in this league on a lot of teams, and we’re talking about selling him off for a late first + B player. For me, if we don’t get a young C, I don’t do it. Jost is the best offer I’ve seen so far, but I’d be more intrigued by Newhook.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr Jan Itor

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I don’t think this is the right time to trade Zucker. He’s arguably our best forward and could still be of use in a few years. Not to mention, we’re not going to get near full value for him. He’s playing on an offensively challenged team with no play drivers. The one year he had good players to play with, he was a 33 goal scorer. I think he’s a legit 30 goal guy in this league on a lot of teams, and we’re talking about selling him off for a late first + B player. For me, if we don’t get a young C, I don’t do it. Jost is the best offer I’ve seen so far, but I’d be more intrigued by Newhook.
What a load... Are we supposed to just ignore last year? Dude played with a magical playmaker and defensively sound center the year he put up 33. Last year he was with the same playmaker and the center went from Koivu to Staal. Production dropped despite the more offensive center being on his line. Personal opinion, I think having Koivu on his line allowed him to cheat offensively whereas Staal can't/won't make up for it. Zuccarello is a great playmaker. We will see how they do together. I know Zucc's been battling an injury, but he looked a bit better in his last game. Not nearly as gifted as Granlund, but definitely faster and feistier.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
What a load... Are we supposed to just ignore last year? Dude played with a magical playmaker and defensively sound center the year he put up 33. Last year he was with the same playmaker and the center went from Koivu to Staal. Production dropped despite the more offensive center being on his line. Personal opinion, I think having Koivu on his line allowed him to cheat offensively whereas Staal can't/won't make up for it. Zuccarello is a great playmaker. We will see how they do together. I know Zucc's been battling an injury, but he looked a bit better in his last game. Not nearly as gifted as Granlund, but definitely faster and feistier.
Zucker's production last year was disappointing, but that magical playmaker turned into a pumpkin around Thanksgiving and stayed that way even after heading to Nashville. I don't want to attribute it all to luck, but Zucker's underlying numbers were still pretty good last year his shooting percentage was down. Between that and watching him this year I think it's fair to expect 25+ goals and 50+ points.

We're gonna have to trade a winger or two eventually, so if it's not Zucker it's going to have to be someone like Fiala, Donato or Greenway. I would hope that those younger guys make Zucker the logical choice even if he bounces back, but I don't think that they've done that yet. So if the best we're looking at in return is Tyson Jost? I don't think this is the right time, either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad