Value of: Jason Zucker

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I mean I would love to see a deal that doesn’t involve 3 lesser assets for him for once. Let’s start there

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Would he be an available player if he waived his NTC and what assets would the Wild want for him?
I doubt he'd waive (he's got deep roots here at this point and wants to stay pretty badly since his wife has a successful local radio career going now), but his NTC is a limited one. He has a 10 team NTC only.

What would we want? Very promising youth.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I’d do a conditional 1st probably. Slides a year if no playoffs. And I’d want some retention. Maybe ARI 1st (playoff condition) and Fischer for Zucker with significant retention and a. Mid round pick.

Reactions: qqaz

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I’d do a conditional 1st probably. Slides a year if no playoffs. And I’d want some retention. Maybe ARI 1st (playoff condition) and Fischer for Zucker with significant retention and a. Mid round pick.

Yeah, no

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Well the price at the deadline last season was supposedly Frolik and a 1st.

Now that the Wild have a competent GM, I imagine the ask is a bit more reasonable than that

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Well the price at the deadline last season was supposedly Frolik and a 1st.

Now that the Wild have a competent GM, I imagine the ask is a bit more reasonable than that
Why would Guerin accept less than Fenton already essentially got? The only thing reportedly stopping that 1st + Frolik deal was a mix-up filing paperwork on the Calgary end.

Mid-1st or a late-1st+ should be the ask. At this time of year that'd probably mean a 1st with a bunch of conditions. I don't see Minnesota retaining anything.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Bode Wilde/Bellows/1st rounder. Do it Lou. Remember too Minnesota wanted both of those guys in the two drafts when the Isles grabbed them first

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Bode Wilde/Bellows/1st rounder. Do it Lou. Remember too Minnesota wanted both of those guys in the two drafts when the Isles grabbed them first
Probably not relevant since the GM (Fletcher/Fenton) and the guy running the draft table (Flahr) in 2016 and 2018 aren't with the team anymore. Even many of the scouts have probably turned over since 2018.

Edit: Not to rag on the offer. A conditional 1st would be my expectation and Wilde is definitely interesting; we're set at NHL defense but not so flush with defensive prospects.

Not all that interested in Bellows.

Last edited:
Reactions: qqaz

Disgraced Cosmonaut

Oct 26, 2002
Visit site
Why are you throwing Wilde around like that after the season he just had? curious. No thanks.
I am not sure what the Wild need to win both now and in 3 years. But Zucker is ripe in that time period.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Not sure about Wilde, but the interest in Bellows in MN is tepid, at best, and was during the draft. You see, we know him.

So glad we chose Kunin over him.

Zucker is probably the last forward the Wild should choose to move at this point( sadly). He is one of the few who can still look threatening offensively, is the fastest on a slow team, is locked up for a while...getting a bunch of lesser pieces is the last thing the Wild need. We've got lesser pieces, just no serious forward talent.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I mean I would love to see a deal that doesn’t involve 3 lesser assets for him for once. Let’s start there
When a bad team trades a win now player that’s how it works though.

No contending team is going to trade a win now piece to a rebuilding team for a win now player. It’ll almost certainly be for a collection of picks/prospects.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
When a bad team trades a win now player that’s how it works though.

No contending team is going to trade a win now piece to a rebuilding team for a win now player. It’ll almost certainly be for a collection of picks/prospects.
I get that, but the point is I don’t want a bunch of lesser prospects, just one top prospect

Reactions: Monkeypox

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I get that, but the point is I don’t want a bunch of lesser prospects, just one too prospect
Yeah that’s fair and it’s the route they should go imo.

I’d trade Newhook for him as an Avs fan but Sakic likely wouldn’t. Billy G probably would prefer to ship him out if the division too.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Yeah that’s fair and it’s the route they should go imo.

I’d trade Newhook for him as an Avs fan but Sakic likely wouldn’t. Billy G probably would prefer to ship him out if the division too.
That is a very intriguing deal and one I would accept

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
That's not close

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
The Wild took Kunin 4 picks ahead of Bellows

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Hall is great, but will cost a mountain of cash to re-sign, and AFAIK has no connection to CO, making him a tough re-sign. Zucker is signed for a few more years, and went to school in Denver. I would guess that Hall would be at least as expensive as Zucker to acquire, even as an expiring contract. It depends on how he does this year.

I would be good with either Jost or Newhook for Zucker. I bet that Sakic values Jost more than Newhook, simply because he is contributing now, and the AVs window is clearly open NOW, especially if they are going to trade for Zucker/Hall. Not to mention that more wing talent will make Jost better.

It's very early, but Newhook looks to be at least two years away from the NHL, if not more. Completely normal for a #16 pick.

Last edited:

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
What were both trades that went into the toilet for him in the past 6 months? That should give us a good look at what his value is

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Vegas might give up a lot for him at the draft next year, depending on how Krebs and Dugan are coming along.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad