Rumor: Jason Zucker being “shopped heavily”

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Hasn't Zucker been bad this year?

No to Nylander + SJ 1st. I'd do just one of those pieces.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Hasn't Zucker been bad this year?

No to Nylander + SJ 1st. I'd do just one of those pieces.
He's been frustrating but not that different than previous years. A lot depends on how much you think his drop in shooting percentage has to do with Granlund being (relatively) crap since December. If the plan is to put him on the 3rd line and hope he puts up 20-25 goals with grinders it's probably a bad investment. If the idea is to put him with a playmaker that can set him up he can score a whole lot. He's never really generated offense on his own, though.

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
I too was thinking of ignoring the other teams needs and value when making a proposal.
I understand how that's annoying. I was thinking cap relief was the goal here and I thought I remembered a Wild fan posting they'd take Scandy back . You live, you learn.
Fenton seems to be cleaning house on the 2010 guys.
Ok, that seems, well, an interesting strategy.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Re-orienting around the younger guys and maybe going after something big in free agency. This isn't a team that points toward any obvious answers and that plan seems about as good as any.

I'd even put money on him going after Stone or Duchene in free agency this summer.

Reactions: Marlowe Syn

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
Re-tooling
Apparently!

I didn't see a lot wrong with the team, but to move Coyle, Zucker, Niederreiter in one season... Hot damn. Boudreau better get this team in the postseason, his leash is gonna be SO short.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Apparently!

I didn't see a lot wrong with the team, but to move Coyle, Zucker, Niederreiter in one season... Hot damn. Boudreau better get this team in the postseason, his leash is gonna be SO short.

Been together for like 5-6 years and have done nothing. Wheels came off completely this season. It's time to change the formula. Boudreau's future is not affected by this, though I think Fenton plans on promoting Evason to head coach when Boudreau's contract runs out (regardless of what happens between now and then).

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I liked the Fischer + 2nd offer, but throwing in a bottom pairing LD? You clearly know how Fenton operates.
You can bury 900k of his 1.25m hit next season if you don’t like his play. It’s possible he rebounds and has another good season. Had 10g last year.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
You can bury 900k of his 1.25m hit next season if you don’t like his play. It’s possible he rebounds and has anouther good season. Had 10g last year.
We're swimming in depth LD to the extent that Brad Hunt was on the 4th line as a LW for a few games. Even if he's a serviceable defenseman he probably ends up buried or bought out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad