Value of: Jason Spezza + 13th OVR Pick

LordJamieBenn

Feb 26, 2015
Dallas/Pittsburgh
You have no idea just how laughable that is- but what's there to be salty about anyway?

Hitchcock leaving will certainly help, but he's never been a well-conditioned athlete who is about to turn 35, and the game has passed him by.
He's literally had one bad season under a coach who didn't get along with him whatsoever and put him on the fourth line with a couple grinders. Sure he's about to turn 35 but claim the "game has passed him by" after ONE bad season is ridiculous. BTW I'd be pretty salty knowing my team is about to lose arguably the most talented defenseman in the league.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Spezza ( no retention) + #13 + rights to Nish for Zuccarello (50% retained at 4,5 M) and a 2nd or 3rd rounder. Gives the Stars 5,25 M to shop on the FA market for a replacement center and also adds more firepower to the Stars lineup with a very versatile player (leading NYR scorer the past 3 seasons).

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I'm sure they make an offer on both guys because every team will and if a team doesn't at least try then that team has a lazy GM that needs to be fired.
Not every top play receives an offer from every team.
Sure, they'll check in on them but GM's won't put an actual offer if they can't afford them.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Spezza ( no retention) + #13 + rights to Nish for Zuccarello (50% retained at 4,5 M) and a 2nd or 3rd rounder. Gives the Stars 5,25 M to shop on the FA market for a replacement center and also adds more firepower to the Stars lineup with a very versatile player (leading NYR scorer the past 3 seasons).
Wow.
Really bad for Dallas.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
He's literally had one bad season under a coach who didn't get along with him whatsoever and put him on the fourth line with a couple grinders. Sure he's about to turn 35 but claim the "game has passed him by" after ONE bad season is ridiculous. BTW I'd be pretty salty knowing my team is about to lose arguably the most talented defenseman in the league.

Juvenile post.

I wanted Spezza traded before he and Heatley received their extensions. To say I’m judging him off “one bad season” is asinine.

You’re looking at this with homer glasses- not me. I know the player.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
With only 1 year left (correct ?) Spezza still has value and will have even more at the deadline assuming he doesn't completely suck. Even if he plays like he did this year next, he'd still return a 2nd and a prospect at least.

LordJamieBenn

Feb 26, 2015
Dallas/Pittsburgh
Juvenile post.

I wanted Spezza traded before he and Heatley received their extensions. To say I’m judging him off “one bad season” is asinine.

You’re looking at this with homer glasses- not me. I know the player.

He was brought to Dallas to be their number 2 center and besides his ONE bad season he's done an excellent job, I mean feel free to check his stats since he's been here since 2014.... If going by stats makes someone a "homer" then well I guess you pegged me bud.

"You’re looking at this with homer glasses- not me. I know the player" Talk about asinine and juvenile, you watched him while he was in Ottawa and clearly didn't care for him and based of your posts. I can guarantee you've barely watched him since he's been in Dallas, sorry but you clearly don't know him anymore and you made that painfully obvious.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Zuccarello and a big part of the money to sign someone like Statsny at C for a huge underachieving cap hit and #13 is worth it for Dallas. Right now. How can this even be discussed? In addition, as I know that Dallas really likes Zucc as well. Yes. Vetted

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Zuccarello and a big part of the money to sign someone like Statsny at C for a huge underachieving cap hit and #13 is worth it for Dallas. Right now. How can this even be discussed? In addition, as I know that Dallas really likes Zucc as well. Yes. Vetted

Again we don't need cap space as bad as every non stars fan thinks.

Reactions: Kcb12345

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Throw in the negotiating rights to Benn's old buddy Tyler Bozak, and Dallas will think about it. :sarcasm:

Wouldn't at all mind seeing Dallas take a run at Brown, they need winger depth big time.

I'd be fine with that if you throw in Pateryn and/or Roussell's rights :P

Jan 21, 2018
Leafs 1st (25th), Brown for Spezza, 13th ?

Just spit balling here.

Bravo, seems pretty fair.

Leafs can get a short term replacement on Bozak, and a much better pick that they could use to draft a good D prospect.

Stars dump Spezza's contract, get an effective young middle 6 winger and a late 1st that could still land them a good player.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Bravo, seems pretty fair.

Leafs can get a short term replacement on Bozak, and a much better pick that they could use to draft a good D prospect.

Stars dump Spezza's contract, get an effective young middle 6 winger and a late 1st that could still land them a good player.

Plus cap savings to grab something else in free agency (perhaps another winger) ?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
#13 + Spezza for #14

stars get to clear the cap space, and only have to drop 1 spot.

Flyers add a #3 C for 1 year to let Frost go back to Jr. Spezza can hopefully help the #2 PP unit too.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
#13 + Spezza for #14

stars get to clear the cap space, and only have to drop 1 spot.

Flyers add a #3 C for 1 year to let Frost go back to Jr. Spezza can hopefully help the #2 PP unit too.
Would honestly rather keep Spezza and see how hè does under monty instead of moving him for nothing/slight negative value

Either he bounces back and we get a 2C out of it or it doesn't matter because we don't need the money next year. So I'll take the chance on him voicing back as the cost to Dallas if he doesn't isn't anything to break a sweat over

WadeRedden

Feb 24, 2016
Nobody wants Spezza

I've been thinking: Spezza would be a great "pump-and-dump" guy. If a team like the Rangers were to acquire him for, say, a 4th and just give him all sorts of ice and PP time, inflate his numbers and then deal him at the deadline for a higher pick (they have the resources to retain salary too). In Ottawa, he was known as a great locker room guy--everyone's best friend--and he could help mentor some young kids in NY while also providing some scoring. He's only got a year left on his deal so it's pretty low risk imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad