Confirmed with Link: Jason Arnott fails physical; Deal with NYR off

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
If Moore wants to get back to hockey he would be a very good addition. His faceoff ability alone would be enough for me to want him. Guy hasn't been below 54% since 2007-08 (where he was still above 50 at 51,2%).

It hasn't even been two months since his wife passed, so I'm guessing he's not ready to return yet.

Last edited:

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
ROR is in Russia :laugh: He wants a BIG contract. No way fiscally.

Avs do not have him to a contract.

The Russian club terminated his contract. He's back in the states.

Anyone who doesn't think that adding Subban or ROR to this team would be a tremendous upgrade is kidding themselves. Subban has #1 defensemen upside and would be a major improvement for our PP. ROR is a future Selke winner who is about as ideal of a #2C as you'll find. The issue lies within the assets it would take to acquire them, and the contract terms to retain them. We simply can't afford a $5M contract on the books next summer unless we're shipping out a big contract in the process, or perhaps worse yet, shipping out a kid who is due for a big raise -- i.e. McDonagh, Stepan or Hagelin.

marciiauzii

Nov 15, 2012
Latvia
Why we should want Subban?
We have a great D! yes, we could use better 6th dman, but Subban is not a 6th dman. our top 4 is gold.

beastly115

Oct 12, 2007
LOL failed physical. They probably said he had to be able to skate from one end of the rink to the other in less than 5 mins and couldn't do it.

SupersonicMonkey*

There's no doubt Subban would be very good here or anywhere. But there's no way we can afford the assets or cap hit it would cost.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
ROR is a future Patrice Bergeron without the concussion problems. That kid is the real deal. I would focus on getting him over Subban but PK will be a star in this league without a doubt.

zelrio*

You mentioned possible replacements that are whilom Rangers. How about Voros? obligatorysmileface

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
I think it's pretty darn close to zero.

Subban won't accept a bridge deal in Montreal. So Sather is either going to trade for him to have him hold out, or suddenly change his tune and give him 5M per? After hardballing all of past homegrown Rangers? That is gonna make resigning Stepan, McD, and Hagelin a walk in the park - not even considering what adding another 5M+ deal to the books.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I think it's pretty darn close to zero.

Subban won't accept a bridge deal in Montreal. So Sather is either going to trade for him to have him hold out, or suddenly change his tune and give him 5M per? After hardballing all of past homegrown Rangers? That is gonna make resigning Stepan, McD, and Hagelin a walk in the park - not even considering what adding another 5M+ deal to the books.

Good points. Also worth noting is the strength of our defensive group. While we don't have a Subban clone on the blueline, it's a very good top-4. Having Staal, Del Zotto, Girardi, McDonagh AND Subban on the roster just isn't feasible.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Good points. Also worth noting is the strength of our defensive group. While we don't have a Subban clone on the blueline, it's a very good top-4. Having Staal, Del Zotto, Girardi, McDonagh AND Subban on the roster just isn't feasible.

Not to mention.... how can you trade for Subban give him $5 million per, and not take care of Mconagh/Staal/Stepan?

Rangers ftw

May 8, 2007
The Russian club terminated his contract. He's back in the states.

Anyone who doesn't think that adding Subban or ROR to this team would be a tremendous upgrade is kidding themselves. Subban has #1 defensemen upside and would be a major improvement for our PP. ROR is a future Selke winner who is about as ideal of a #2C as you'll find. The issue lies within the assets it would take to acquire them, and the contract terms to retain them. We simply can't afford a $5M contract on the books next summer unless we're shipping out a big contract in the process, or perhaps worse yet, shipping out a kid who is due for a big raise -- i.e. McDonagh, Stepan or Hagelin.

Adding ROR makes Stepan expandable(tradeable) and if Subban was signed, Del Zotto/Girardi would be moved since having them playing 3rd pair wouldn't make sense skill/money wise. So most likely the money issue would be solved in the trades for any of those players and both of those players would be an upgrade.

How ever, it will most likely not happen since we lost too much assets when acquiring Nash, don't think NYR is up for giving that much more away.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Adding ROR makes Stepan expandable(tradeable) and if Subban was signed, Del Zotto/Girardi would be moved since having them playing 3rd pair wouldn't make sense skill/money wise. So most likely the money issue would be solved in the trades for any of those players and both of those players would be an upgrade.

How ever, it will most likely not happen since we lost too much assets when acquiring Nash, don't think NYR is up for giving that much more away.

I think ROR would be a good fit here. If the organization is unhappy with Stepan's progression -- which I thought I remembered reading something about -- I could see him going back in a deal for O'Reilly. He's not asking for outrageous money and the kid does everything an ideal #2C should do. Something like $3-4M for 3-4 years, or a bit more on a 5 year deal.

Subban is a great player, but he's trying to ride the Montreal Hype Train to Money Town. Defacto #1 d-man last year that can throw huge hits and score big goals, but his defensive coverage is still average at best. Certainly not a #1 guy, at least not yet.

truebluegoalie

Nov 28, 2008
Virginia
If Moore wants to get back to hockey he would be a very good addition. His faceoff ability alone would be enough for me to want him. Guy hasn't been below 54% since 2007-08 (where he was still above 50 at 51,2%).

What difference does it make if Torts never uses him? Halpern was supposed to help at faceoffs but is never out there for them.

KreiMeARiver*

We need depth pretty bad. Boyle is NOT a 3rd line center. He shouldn't be a center at all, considering he's not good at face-offs, and possesses zero creativity.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
:laugh:

Looks like it.

Please, get off your high horse. You're really something else to claim that Ferriero is a better hockey player than Arnott. You said that before you had any idea about his physical health. Arnott will sign somewhere and he will still outproduce Ferriero.

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
What difference does it make if Torts never uses him? Halpern was supposed to help at faceoffs but is never out there for them.

Well, if Moore starts by losing eight of his first ten fo's I guess he won't be out there to take a lot of them them either. Halpern was supposed to help on faceoffs but he's sucked on them (small sample size, but still that is pretty bad).

Edit: A little better after the first game. Still only 8 for 23, though.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad