Confirmed with Link: Jason Arnott fails physical; Deal with NYR off

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Veteran free agent Jason Arnott believed to be en route to NYC. Rangers and Arnott exploring mutural interest in signing. #TSN
-DarrenDreger 5:37pm via Twitter for BlackBerry®

I'm certainly okay with this depending on terms - I can't think of any better depth solutions right now that don't require trading something of significant value.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kershaw

Not a fan of this. The team needs guy who can carry the puck out our own zone like John Mitchell last year. Is Christensen still available?

trueblue9441

Nov 18, 2006
Bronx, NY
signed.. 1.6 mil

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
Arnott and NYR agree to contract. 1 year. Cap hit around $1.6 -$1.7. Contract being finalized now. Arnott en route to NYC.

Made Dan

Jul 15, 2007
The Bronx, NY
I'm ok with it, I'm not sure how good he's going to be though. Doesn't matter if it doesn't work out, will only be a one-year deal. Can put the puck it in the net still even though he can't skate. Maybe some PP time and 3rd/4th line shifts. I know he's a natural center but I'm assuming he can play some wing?

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Didnt take too long to panic.

I wouldnt have condoned this a couple weeks ago, but based on what I've seen, whatever.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
um, ok that came out of nowhere

great move, need the depth.

I'm sure some will bash it but he is the better than any of our 4th liners.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
He's not fast, but he's big, he's played in big games, he can add some offense - and he's a solid faceoff guy.

Good add at nothing more than a 1 year SPC. Anything better would've required a trade.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
I'm OK with this. A bit steep, but only a 1-year deal.

We need bottom 6 depth. If this means that Rupp and Asham won't be in everyday line up, I'm all for it.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I've been talking about doing something like this for months and Arnott's name always comes to mind first. I know some guys are going to roll their eyes and say he's done, but I think he can contribute to our bottom-6. Not expecting a ton out of him.

He did put up 17 goals and 34 points (14 on the PP) on 14 minutes of ice time over 72 games last season. Tertiary penalty killer.

We will see if he has anything left in the tank. If not? He rides the pine. No big deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->