Kings News: Jarret Stoll Rushed to Hospital

gtwyc

FlyingHeadButts4All
Jun 5, 2011
los angeles, ca
scary stuff. if its serious, please stoll just retire. i would hate for him to become mentally unstable like other athletes who had a history of concussions/ head trauma :(

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Yeah, I'm afraid of bringing it up on the main board out of fear of an infraction, but Torres' hit is the first thing I thought of.

I hope he's okay, and they find the underlying cause so they can try to treat it.

Its already up on the main board.I don't think it's too much of a reach to think this is connected to the Torres hit. Hope he feels better and fully recovers.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
scary stuff. if its serious, please stoll just retire. i would hate for him to become mentally unstable like other athletes who had a history of concussions/ head trauma :(

I agree. But I'm getting sick of Kings getting cut down in their ****ing prime :(

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
Torres needs needs to be obliterated from the league. He doesn't even belong playing hockey at all, the POS. Should be as far away from the game as possible.

Feel better Stollichnaya, hopefully we can put him on LTIR for some cap relief, because it sounds like his knoggin is all ****ing out of whack. Him and Richards are one more headshot away from having their careers ending, a scary reality. This might change DL's outlook and have him reconsider acquiring someone to take his place. I still don't want Richards playing 3C. Ribiero? Seguin? Malhotra? Couturier? Laughton? Filpulla? Who knows if Vey could even step in like that.

taz346

Jan 8, 2008
Not there, but here
Stoll also had arthritis a few years back or something that resembled arthritis. Maybe it is tied to this as well.

This is also a possibility. Reaction to certain medications.
They say this happened early morning so couldn't be combination of booze and meds, as happened to my husband long time ago.
Just have to wait until all tests are completed before jumping to any conclusions.
Get better soon Stoll.

Ron*

This might force him into early retirement. Sad.

Doubt this.

We can't jump to conclusions. It can be epilepsy. That can be controlled. It can indeed be related to the concussion from the playoffs.

If so, then some people have some 'splaining to do. Because they cleared him for the WCF. And he played in all five games.

So, who knows? We will just have to wait and see. But one seizure does not dictate his future course, one way or the other.

HolyShot*

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that Stoll is probably tripping right now because of how they're saying Vey is gonna be brought up next season. Well, what is the most logical position for Vey? 3rd line center of course. Stoll's probably thinking he's gonna be traded before the season starts or demoted and couple that with his recent concussion and you have the perfect recipe for a seizure: stress + head injury.

But this is just my theory of course.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
Calm down people, let the professionals do their job and get the cause of the seizure...
Torres got suspended, the Kings went on to the conference finals.
Lets not turn into a "hating" fanbase like some others are on hf.

Here's to speedy recovery Stollsy...

I don't know. I mean I hated Torres for his absolutely garbage shot to the head of Hossa and felt that he should have never been allowed to play the game again. I person he is a total dirtbag (i have met him and it is my opinion) who has a "sooooooorrrrrrry" nod and a wink attitude about his actions. I have only met 3 really awful people in over 30 years of working in hockey and Torres is right there with Laurie Boshman and Chris Pronger.

Everyone else from Tiger to Knuckles and beyond played by a certain code. Since fighting has been pretty much eliminated from the game rogue elements are allowed to go out and behave themselves in what can only been seen at least a reckless manner without any regard for any other player and at worst behaving in a manner that they hope will cause serious injury as a result of their actions.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that fighting is *the* only reason for the dramatic increase in serious player injuries, I am merely saying that there weren't as many totally bullcrap cheapshots happening before fighting was gutted down to the "exhibition bouts" that we see today.

Torres shouldn't have had the opportunity to have possibly ruined Stoll's career with his intentional and deliberate attack. He should have been out of the game after the Hossa hit. He had been suspended for two extremely careless and intentional infractions prior to possibly ending Stolls career.

He has been suspended 3 x's for a total of 33 games and warned or fined five times.

If the NHL doesn't tell Torres he is on a 1 and done leash for the rest of his career then they can shove their game. For me it isn't that it is Stoll or at least not entirely. It is that this is a player who ruined Prossers career and got 25 games for what has changed a phenomenal player like Hossa's too. Now he may well indeed have caused some serious damage to another players career.

When and where will it end? I suffer today with a seizure disorder that was the result largely of my time playing hockey and I can tell you that in my experience as well as many other players that I know who have had similar experiences the truth is that those kinds of injuries stay with you.

I don't want to see any hockey player lower themselves to Torres garbage standard and fight him, the guy can't fight or at least not with the kind of people who he would need to in order to answer for his actions.

I want him out of the game. His suspension should have been for 41 games for his hit on Stoll. The fact that he had only recently returned from a 25 game suspension only to be suspended again for what the league itself deemed to be reckless and resulted in an injury should have been enough to take away at least half a season as well as a big cash fine.

We have seen an escalation in the guys bullcrap and I think enough is enough.

So I don't hate the Sharks, I think they have a great fanbase and are fun rivals.

I don't hate Torres, I just think the league should pull his card for the results of his tragically careless and reckless actions as well as the amount of harm that they have caused.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I don't know. I mean I hated Torres for his absolutely garbage shot to the head of Hossa and felt that he should have never been allowed to play the game again. I person he is a total dirtbag (i have met him and it is my opinion) who has a "sooooooorrrrrrry" nod and a wink attitude about his actions. I have only met 3 really awful people in over 30 years of working in hockey and Torres is right there with Laurie Boshman and Chris Pronger.

Everyone else from Tiger to Knuckles and beyond played by a certain code. Since fighting has been pretty much eliminated from the game rogue elements are allowed to go out and behave themselves in what can only been seen at least a reckless manner without any regard for any other player and at worst behaving in a manner that they hope will cause serious injury as a result of their actions.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that fighting is *the* only reason for the dramatic increase in serious player injuries, I am merely saying that there weren't as many totally bullcrap cheapshots happening before fighting was gutted down to the "exhibition bouts" that we see today.

Torres shouldn't have had the opportunity to have possibly ruined Stoll's career with his intentional and deliberate attack. He should have been out of the game after the Hossa hit. He had been suspended for two extremely careless and intentional infractions prior to possibly ending Stolls career.

He has been suspended 3 x's for a total of 33 games and warned or fined five times.

If the NHL doesn't tell Torres he is on a 1 and done leash for the rest of his career then they can shove their game. For me it isn't that it is Stoll or at least not entirely. It is that this is a player who ruined Prossers career and got 25 games for what has changed a phenomenal player like Hossa's too. Now he may well indeed have caused some serious damage to another players career.

When and where will it end? I suffer today with a seizure disorder that was the result largely of my time playing hockey and I can tell you that in my experience as well as many other players that I know who have had similar experiences the truth is that those kinds of injuries stay with you.

I don't want to see any hockey player lower themselves to Torres garbage standard and fight him, the guy can't fight or at least not with the kind of people who he would need to in order to answer for his actions.

I want him out of the game. His suspension should have been for 41 games for his hit on Stoll. The fact that he had only recently returned from a 25 game suspension only to be suspended again for what the league itself deemed to be reckless and resulted in an injury should have been enough to take away at least half a season as well as a big cash fine.

We have seen an escalation in the guys bullcrap and I think enough is enough.

So I don't hate the Sharks, I think they have a great fanbase and are fun rivals.

I don't hate Torres, I just think the league should pull his card for the results of his tragically careless and reckless actions as well as the amount of harm that they have caused.

Well said. What can be done, though? At the risk of sounding ridiculous, can we petition the league to re-evaluate his suspensions or something?

Captain Mittens*

Well said. What can be done, though? At the risk of sounding ridiculous, can we petition the league to re-evaluate his suspensions or something?

Look at the lack of effect the NHLFA has had on anything. The league doesn't give a **** about their fans. They know we'll come back.

But if a major advertiser asked for this.....

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether

I have put tons of thought into this and to be honest with you it will take a death for anything to significantly change.

The NHL has decided to allow people with no experience and even at times a careless disregard for the safety of its players run and staff the safety committee.

In order for it to change either a heinous retaliatory attack that seriously injures a player like Torres will have to happen (causing serious backlash) or a filthy hack of garbage like Torres (he isn't alone) will have to send some to the morgue or leave them paralyzed.

At the last GM meetings there were 3 separate workshops for how to improve player safety and in each of them the question of how much the NHLPA will allow them to try and find a solid fix for the escalating amount of serious injuries caused by careless play.

I found it interesting that the GM's are concerned about what the NHLPA will allow because the NHLPA feels the exact same way.

So to my way of seeing the game we as fans have little that we can do to voice our displeasure with how things are being run.

I don't want to see Torres injured under any circumstance but neither do I want to see him ruin another players career. I suppose as a grass roots effort we could buy add space proposing that all hockey fans contact the league with their thoughts/feelings on how they feel about the way the league is handling these kind of things.

I doubt the NHL does anything about this but I am a bit of a fatalist when it comes to the current mgmt of the league.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I just don't want anyone to be able to say 'I told you so' when this whole saga passes...but I agree. If past incidents have any bearing on thought processes of league discipline, it will take more than someone being injured out of the league to do anything drastic. All the current suspensions suggest the current status quo and culture are acceptable, which is disgusting, and I say that as a longtime player, fan, and proponent of hitting and fighting.

On the other hand, it would take some serious balls to be proactive...balls that the league/PA doesn't have.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
Laurie Boschman was awful? I'm not surprised about Pronger but wow!

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
Laurie Boschman was awful? I'm not surprised about Pronger but wow!

1990 he was on the Jets and tried to cut Tomas Sandstrom's head off from behind. One of the most cowardly acts I have ever seen and I have seen a ton. That was one of several things that the guy did during his career. A truly cowardly dirty player who in my opinion was about the same off the ice.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
1990 he was on the Jets and tried to cut Tomas Sandstrom's head off from behind. One of the most cowardly acts I have ever seen and I have seen a ton. That was one of several things that the guy did during his career. A truly cowardly dirty player who in my opinion was about the same off the ice.

I seem to remember that, although it's a foggy memory. I remember him when he was on the Leafs. I think Ballard used to make fun of him because he was religious.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
No reason to get angry about it just retire Torres... Every check against him finished with elbows up and shoulders to the head... 3-4 concussions in 1 year should just about do it...

Guess I'm a Matt Johnson fan... lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad