Kings News: Jarret Stoll Rushed to Hospital

KingKopitar11*

Whenever Stoll came back during the playoffs he got leveled again didn't he? This sounds more like second impact syndrome with the side effect being the seizure.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Just want all of these guys to be able to retire healthy.

Best wishes to Stoll.

I agree, but sadly I think many of the recent retirees and current players are going to be plagued by long term issues of concussions. The knuckle dragging culture that permeates the hockey world told players to play through concussions, encouraged borderline hits and staged bare knuckle fighting in the name of "establishing toughness" has literally ruined lives like Adam Deadmarsh's and contributed to the deaths of others like Derek Boogard. The NHL and NFL have finally started to do something about it, but sadly to late for some. And the problem won't go away completely until you see the generation of guys like Burke and Doug Wilson are gone. Torres should be 86ed from hockey but their idiot GM not only calls a concussion causing hit "clean" but then signs the clown to a multi year extension. I would say I hope Torres is eventually thrown out of the league, but that would mean another potential career threatening hit to someone.

Sorry to get off topic, just feel bad that some of these players face long term health issues because the league and certain clubs embrace and employ guys like Torres. Hopefully Stoll makes a full recovery and can return to the ice, but this is a scary situation.

Minor Boarding

Nov 30, 2011
Corleone
Calm down people, let the professionals do their job and get the cause of the seizure...
Torres got suspended, the Kings went on to the conference finals.
Lets not turn into a "hating" fanbase like some others are on hf.

Here's to speedy recovery Stollsy...

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Scary Stuff.

I am glad Stoll is ok.

Right about now I would consider my long term health if I was Stoll.

You don't want to end up with some serious damage. It's one reason I left the Marines after 8 years of service.

I started to worry about my body, and the long term effects.

Quattro

Aug 5, 2005
I despise Torres as much as anybody but folks are seriously jumping to conclusions here. This seizure could be completely unrelated to his concussions. Nobody here knows anything yet.

Vic Vinegar

Oct 27, 2009
I despise Torres as much as anybody but folks are seriously jumping to conclusions here. This seizure could be completely unrelated to his concussions. Nobody here knows anything yet.

Regardless of whether the seizures are a result of the Torres hit, Torres should still be permanently banned from the NHL. I've been saying it since he almost murdered Hossa.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Calm down people, let the professionals do their job and get the cause of the seizure...
Torres got suspended, the Kings went on to the conference finals.
Lets not turn into a "hating" fanbase like some others are on hf.

Here's to speedy recovery Stollsy...

Meh, nothing wrong with hating Torres. I don't wanna see him severely injured by one of the Kings players, but he should have a target on his back every time he steps on the ice with the Kings next season.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
After having suffered several seizures as a result of injuries caused by head trauma received from playing hockey I can only say that they take allot of you and I wish Stoll the very best.

That said nobody knows yet what caused his seizure so until then it is all merely speculation. I heard it has been hot out in LA. Hot enough to where a young guy out celebrating his life couldn't dehydrate? That sort of thing can cause a seizure. It isn't likely at all but another possible factor. He could have been working out hard after drinking red bull or some such thing and had a seizure that way.

Again I am not saying that is what happened, I am just saying that there are tons of reasons for someone to have a seizure so no reason to jump to any conclusions as to the cause of this one.

Regardless here is to wishing the very best and most expedient recovery to a really nice guy. Get better Jarrett.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad