Kings News: Jarret Stoll Rushed to Hospital

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I hope this is unrelated to his concussion from the Torres hit :(
http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-kings-jarret-stoll-20130703,0,3268900.story
Kings center Jarret Stoll was rushed to the hospital early Wednesday morning, having suffered a seizure in his Hermosa Beach home, according to Kings General Manager Dean Lombardi.

Lombardi said that a battery of tests was run on Stoll and that it was expected he would be released later in the day. He said Stoll was taken to Little Company of Mary Hospital in Torrance and Lombardi visited him there later Wednesday morning.

“Everything is OK. They’ve run some tests and they still had another one to run,” Lombardi told The Times. “The bottom line is that he’s fine. Now the issue is what caused it.

“There are a myriad of things that can cause them.”

Stoll, 31, suffered a concussion on a hit from San Jose Sharks winger Raffi Torres in Game 1 of the Western Conference semifinal playoff series. He missed the rest of that series but returned in time for the first game of the conference final against Chicago.

That was not the first concussion Stoll suffered. He also suffered one in the 2006-07 season while playing for the Edmonton Oilers.

scramble91

Jul 6, 2010
Yea scary stuff. Aren't a lot of seizures caused by neurological issues?

Hope he doesn't have a bigger underlying problem

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
Hopefully he will be okay and they find the underlying cause.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Just want all of these guys to be able to retire healthy.

Best wishes to Stoll.

Papa Mocha 15

I love the smell of ice in the morning.
Nov 27, 2008
Hanging with Brad Doty.
Yea scary stuff. Aren't a lot of seizures caused by neurological issues?

Hope he doesn't have a bigger underlying problem

Really hoping this isn't related to head trauma..... he may have a history of epilepsy, controlled by meds. Don't really know... but just sad to see it happen if its related to a head injury.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Que Sharks fans defending Torres.

Yeah, I'm afraid of bringing it up on the main board out of fear of an infraction, but Torres' hit is the first thing I thought of.

I hope he's okay, and they find the underlying cause so they can try to treat it.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Football players with concussion issues suffer from seizures when returning too soon! But seeing as he has concussion issues it could also be an aneurysm

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
:( Unfortunate, but I am glad to hear that he is okay. Unfortunately, he has a concussion history. Hopefully he is back up to 100% before training camp, and that his health is recovers going forward into his future.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
This is terrible. Such a scary event. I hope he'll be ok, long term... :(

Yeah, I'm afraid of bringing it up on the main board out of fear of an infraction, but Torres' hit is the first thing I thought of.

I hope he's okay, and they find the underlying cause so they can try to treat it.

The main board can get bent.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Sending get well wishes from Boston. I hope it wasn't from his concussion:(

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
This was really scary. It such a relief to hear that he is okay. But this has to be a result from the Torres hit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad