Kings News: Jarret Stoll Rushed to Hospital

Papa Mocha 15

I love the smell of ice in the morning.
Nov 27, 2008
Hanging with Brad Doty.
I'm curious as to whether or not there has been any word from Torres since hearing about Stoll's hospitalization. Has there been any comment from the SJ organization or Torres?

Maynard

Veteran of Forum Wars
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2003
Orange County
I'm curious as to whether or not there has been any word from Torres since hearing about Stoll's hospitalization. Has there been any comment from the SJ organization or Torres?

There is no direct evidence of the seizure being linked to the Torres hit so they would have no reason to comment.

Quattro

Aug 5, 2005
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that Stoll is probably tripping right now because of how they're saying Vey is gonna be brought up next season. Well, what is the most logical position for Vey? 3rd line center of course. Stoll's probably thinking he's gonna be traded before the season starts or demoted and couple that with his recent concussion and you have the perfect recipe for a seizure: stress + head injury.

But this is just my theory of course.

wth? At first I thought this was a joke but it can't be because there isn't the slightest hint of humor. You are seriously suggesting that Jarrett Stoll had a seizure because he's afraid Vey is going to take his job? Have you lost your mind?

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
wth? At first I thought this was a joke but it can't be because there isn't the slightest hint of humor. You are seriously suggesting that Jarrett Stoll had a seizure because he's afraid Vey is going to take his job? Have you lost your mind?

Yeah, I don't even...

Papa Mocha 15

I love the smell of ice in the morning.
Nov 27, 2008
Hanging with Brad Doty.
There is no direct evidence of the seizure being linked to the Torres hit so they would have no reason to comment.

Since it is known that he suffered a seizure after his last concussion and then suffered a recent concussion at the minimum followed by another seizure, it is reasonable to make the link that the most recent hospitalization was related to the sustained recent head trauma.

IMHO, this is sufficient evidence for me unless he has uncontrolled epilepsy or an unknown neurological disorder which I would consider unlikely since he is a professional athlete and they tend to get better health care than the average bear. I would think other disorders would likely prevent him from playing at a professional level to begin with. There are assumptions in here and I gladly acknowledge them, but I just can't hide behind blanket statements that say"no direct evidence" and then wash my hands of it.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008

I was under the impression that we all silently agreed to just ignore it....with the understanding that he is another one of "those posters".

scryan

May 1, 2013
So has there really been no further info on how long he was being hospitalised for? Is it know if he is still in care?

Getting on towards a week here, seems like a complete lack of info is a bad thing?

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
So has there really been no further info on how long he was being hospitalised for? Is it know if he is still in care?

Getting on towards a week here, seems like a complete lack of info is a bad thing?

The article stated that he was released the same day and he seems to be doing okay since then.

BallPointHammer

Los Angeles Kings - We're Back!
Oct 25, 2006
Maryland
I hope Stoll is ok.

I hope the Kings organization ALWAYS acts in the best interest of the players, regardless of hockey, money, legalities, etc. That includes expecting our players to not act recklessly or irresponsibly on, or off, the ice.

Torres is a headhunter and a coward. Despite his recent, although I'm not sure long lasting, commitment to not fighting and taking stupid penalties Matt Cooke is a headhunter and a coward. There are a few other current players who are the same, but it p.o.s me too much to go through the rosters and drill into the memory banks. Pronger is a dirty, arrogant, hatchet man plain and simple.

The players and their association are to blame! There is disrepect in the game. Peer pressure (non-violent) would work, but most players are afraid to speak out honestly. Violent "peer pressure" - that is fighting - would work better if the retaliation was against the offending opponent rather than their 'tough guy'.

Captain Mittens*

I want Frattin to be the closest thing to Deadmarsh since Deadmarsh.

I also think Burke told his buddy Lombardi to get this guy

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Seems fine judging by twitter :laugh:

Colin Fraser ‏@colinfraser 1h
“@NHLFREEAGENTS: San Antonio Rampage signed (F) Trevor Lewis to a standard AHL contract #AHL” @trevorlewis22 lockout ended. U can stay in LA

trevor lewis trevor lewis ‏@trevorlewis22 1h
@colinfraser pic.twitter.com/fSfcN57GRu

Jarret Stoll Jarret Stoll ‏@jarretstoll 1h
@trevorlewis22 @colinfraser Hey hey hey easy Lewballs!
Expand

Maynard

Veteran of Forum Wars
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2003
Orange County
Since it is known that he suffered a seizure after his last concussion and then suffered a recent concussion at the minimum followed by another seizure, it is reasonable to make the link that the most recent hospitalization was related to the sustained recent head trauma.

IMHO, this is sufficient evidence for me unless he has uncontrolled epilepsy or an unknown neurological disorder which I would consider unlikely since he is a professional athlete and they tend to get better health care than the average bear. I would think other disorders would likely prevent him from playing at a professional level to begin with. There are assumptions in here and I gladly acknowledge them, but I just can't hide behind blanket statements that say"no direct evidence" and then wash my hands of it.

Pro sports teams don't issue press statements based on the assumptions of fans.

Think about it this way...if Jason Pominville had a seizure two months after Brown elbowed him and Sabres fans wanted a statement from the Kings, what would you say to them?

Geez this makes me sound like a sharks fan. I'm not, it just seems like a silly premise that's all.

HolyShot*

Hitman's mama didn't raise him right

Shows how much you guys know about seizures. My best friend growing up had seizures all the time and his doctor said that they're most likely to happen if you're stressed out, but they can happen at any time. My theory about stoll is just a theory and you should all take it with a grain of salt.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
Shows how much you guys know about seizures. My best friend growing up had seizures all the time and his doctor said that they're most likely to happen if you're stressed out, but they can happen at any time. My theory about stoll is just a theory and you should all take it with a grain of salt.

I don't know, I have had several hockey related seizures and suffer still from a condition that causes me to have a condition called Chorea that is a result of a Cerebral Infarction that happened after being checked from behind.

The result is that I still suffer from seizures to this day under certain situations. I didn't play in the NHL (it happened when I was on the 67's way back when) and I was right up next to the boards when I was hit. Now my doctors told me then and say the same thing today that it took more than one hit to cause this much damage but the point in this case is that Stoll has had two seizures after receiving serious hits to the head.

Doesn't mean that Stoll is automatically screewed or will have any further complications but it does mean that if you have a seizure after a head injury that it is serious enough to be alarmed and to do what the Kings and Stoll have no doubt done and that is treat it like it is a big deal and have the best md's you can find to give you a real once over before you play again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad