Waived: Jarret Stoll (Claimed by MIN)

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
The people that are upset about this are the ones who have absolutely no grasp of how to evaluate a hockey player. Thinking Stoll has been anything other than crappy is just letting your bias show. Let's please get over the "gritty, savvy veteran" syndrome.

Tanner Glass has been better than Stoll in his games this year, and it's not difficult to see that. We also have a plethora of dudes who can take a face off.

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
The people that are upset about this are the ones who have absolutely no grasp of how to evaluate a hockey player. Thinking Stoll has been anything other than crappy is just letting your bias show. Let's please get over the "gritty, savvy veteran" syndrome.

Tanner Glass has been better than Stoll in his games this year, and it's not difficult to see that. We also have a plethora of dudes who can take a face off.

Absolutely - I watch Stoll out there and I can't help but think I'm a faster skater than him.

Obviously I'm not, but he sticks out on this team and not in a good way.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
Odd in that our #1 C is injured and not coming back for another month and we waive a C?

Am i just reading too much into this????

You're forgetting that Lindberg has looked very comfortable at center--been pretty solid on draws too--while fitting in fine on the wing. I think AV is sold on him as depth at center if needed.

Also, while Moore didn't play poorly on the wing, the forth line looks better with him at center. And Stoll was molasses slow--only thing he did well was win draws and couldn't play wing period. Glass looked better than him on the wing (which isn't saying much but made this decision much easier...).

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA

I don't want either of them . I'd rather dress seven defenseman tbh

Waivers

Sep 27, 2013
NY
Stoll is half baked out there, and Glass can out wheel him. Not much of a better alternative, but a case nonetheless.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Nash-Brass-MZA
Kreider-Stepan-Miller
Lindberg-Hayes-Stalberg
Glass-Moore-Fast
Etem

Hopefully Butcher comes over from the KHL, so it becomes:
Nash-Brass-MZA
Kreider-Stepan-Miller
Lindberg-Hayes-Butcher
Stalberg-Moore-Fast
Etem/Glass

Nanaki

Mar 29, 2008
Danbury, CT
Nash-Brass-MZA
Kreider-Stepan-Miller
Lindberg-Hayes-Stalberg
Glass-Moore-Fast
Etem

Hopefully Butcher comes over from the KHL, so it becomes:
Nash-Brass-MZA
Kreider-Stepan-Miller
Lindberg-Hayes-Butcher
Stalberg-Moore-Fast
Etem/Glass

What are the chances that Buch comes over this season?

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
I think he might clear
We will know in 49 minutes

Would like to see:

Nash - Brass - Zucc
Kreider - Stepan - Trade (Miller)
Lindberg - Hayes - Chiasson
Stalberg - Moore - Fast
Stoll + Butch

Miller plus Glass dealt for a rental at the deadline
Etem plus for Chiasson

Doubt we get to see this though

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Happy for Stoll. He gets to play or at least be a #13 in the NHL. For the Rangers, we'll get a look at more youth if a member of the O goes down. Likely Megna,which I'm fine with.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
I guess it doesnt matter too much but why would they waive a guy who's good at faceoffs? Of course someone claimed him he's cheap.

Glass still on the team is ridiculious

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
I guess it doesnt matter too much but why would they waive a guy who's good at faceoffs? Of course someone claimed him he's cheap.

He actually wasn't much of an upgrade on faceoffs. He was at .579 however he was taking them instead of Dominic Moore whose been .545 the last two years anyway. It's not like he was taking faceoffs instead of Hayes or Stepan. He was taking a small amount of 4th line/PK faceoffs (Mostly when Moore wasn't out or Moore at wing) and replacing our best guy anyway.

That being said he's obviously a more versatile/important piece than Glass. Hopefully this is a precursor to getting rid of both of them. Stolls 800k is gone to MIN. Glass can have 925k buried. That's 1.7M extra we can use to add someone who might be more of an asset.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ

They waived him because:

• Moore is a better center
  • Stoll sucked on wing
  • [insert off-ice situation we don't know about here]
  • We don't need immense help in the FO dept. Brassard, Lindberg, and Moore have us covered. In fact, Stoll was taking faceoffs instead of Moore for the most part. Not Hayes/Stepan.
  • He took a lot of needless, dumb penalties. About the same as Glass did last year in the same GP, I would reckon.
  • Overall, he hasn't been great, and Glass has been outplaying him.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Well, i'm a bit disappointed because he is the player you want on the team come the playoffs.

Glass strikes again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad