Former Bruins Jarred Tinordi

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
frederic has the beef with Lemieux. Both Ritchie and Wagner both need to be more physical. They also don’t constantly talk trash.

I do like Frederic, just again if you’re going to run your mouth, especially against guys you know you can beat up or will never fight then are non existent in a game like last night, well I have no time for that. Last night was Freddy kind of game and he came up small IMO. I wanted to see some late aggression or a ten minute misconduct or something, push the issue but it was not to be.

he has to decide what type of player he wants to be. Personally I think he can be a good 3C or very good 4C. His skating looks great...the action seems a little fast for him right now but he will get there.
Why do I feel like he needs a mentor? Not to compare him to Patrice Bergeron but I wonder if he would be the same Bergeron that we all know and love if not for Martin Lapoint? Bergeron got schooled by Lapointe and IMO he finished bringing him up. I think early on in a players career development so many things can either raise a player up or ruin their career.

Reactions: LouJersey

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
frederic has the beef with Lemieux. Both Ritchie and Wagner both need to be more physical. They also don’t constantly talk trash.

I do like Frederic, just again if you’re going to run your mouth, especially against guys you know you can beat up or will never fight then are non existent in a game like last night, well I have no time for that. Last night was Freddy kind of game and he came up small IMO. I wanted to see some late aggression or a ten minute misconduct or something, push the issue but it was not to be.

he has to decide what type of player he wants to be. Personally I think he can be a good 3C or very good 4C. His skating looks great...the action seems a little fast for him right now but he will get there.

So you with the game basically over you wanted him to do something that warranted a game misconduct? Mostly likely that would have also led to a suspension, which accomplishes what exactly?

Boston still loses
Freddy gets toss and maybe suspended

Btw if Freddy to other guys isn't important enough to drop the gloves with...how can you be mad for his lack of fighting. He's running his mouth, getting under guys skin, trying to get guys to go, but he's not important enough....and you're mad that he needs to fight more.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
So you with the game basically over you wanted him to do something that warranted a game misconduct? Mostly likely that would have also led to a suspension, which accomplishes what exactly?

Boston still loses

Btw if Freddy to other guys isn't important enough to drop the gloves with...how can you be mad for his lack of fighting. He's running his mouth, getting under guys skin, trying to get guys to go, but he's not important enough....and you're mad that he needs to fight more.

I’m mad because The star got run repeatedly and the motormouth did nothing physically. I’m not saying game misconduct I’m saying show some sack, back up your big mouth and be a team guy and start paying them back. You were fine with how that game played out? I don’t care if they lost, regular season happens.

I’m also not mad at his lack of fighting, I’m mad because the guy he talked all the trash to about getting the jump on him was right there but I guess he wasn’t mad anymore.

we could go around in circles I guess, just see things a different way. You’re fine with a guy yapping and not pushing the envelope more, even in a blowout, I’m not. Frederic really isn’t contributing all that much, he should at least be the physical presence they need in a game like this with some of their tougher players out

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I’m mad because The star got run repeatedly and the motormouth did nothing physically. I’m not saying game misconduct I’m saying show some sack, back up your big mouth and be a team guy and start paying them back. You were fine with how that game played out? I don’t care if they lost, regular season happens.

I’m also not mad at his lack of fighting, I’m mad because the guy he talked all the trash to about getting the jump on him was right there but I guess he wasn’t mad anymore.

we could go around in circles I guess, just see things a different way. You’re fine with a guy yapping and not pushing the envelope more, even in a blowout, I’m not. Frederic really isn’t contributing all that much, he should at least be the physical presence they need in a game like this with some of their tougher players out

I've pointed to the lack of TOI against the two guys you mentioned, but it doesn't fit your narrative so you ignore it. Pointed out he tried to get Johnson to go and you're response was he hasn't been in the league long enough/isn't important enough. The kid is literally trying to get guys to fight him. I don't see the other big boys on the team trying to get guy to go, but again you don't seem to have a problem with that. That's my whole point with you Lou, you have tunnel vision on Frederic but don't call out anyone else to show some sack.

As for the bolded, the difference between us is I see him trying to push it and get guys to fight. I can't be mad at the kid if guys aren't willing to go with him. I mean like you said he's not important enough of a player right? BTW among every NHL player this year, Frederic is T-5th in fights....only 2 fights behind the NHL leader. Interestingly the 4 guys ahead of him all are in the North Division and the top 2 guys are both on Ottawa.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I've pointed to the lack of TOI against the two guys you mentioned, but it doesn't fit your narrative so you ignore it. Pointed out he tried to get Johnson to go and you're response was he hasn't been in the league long enough/isn't important enough. The kid is literally trying to get guys to fight him. I don't see the other big boys on the team trying to get guy to go, but again you don't seem to have a problem with that. That's my whole point with you Lou, you have tunnel vision on Frederic but don't call out anyone else to show some sack.

As for the bolded, the difference between us is I see him trying to push it and get guys to fight. I can't be mad at the kid if guys aren't willing to go with him. I mean like you said he's not important enough of a player right? BTW among every NHL player this year, Frederic is T-5th in fights....only 2 fights behind the NHL leader. Interestingly the 4 guys ahead of him all are in the North Division and the top 2 guys are both on Ottawa.

my not important enough comment was for his mouth. He’s done nothing in the league was my point. He’s not important enough to have a mouth like that IMO of course.

the time on ice was plenty of time for either situation. Have you never seen a guy make a beeline right at the other guy and take care of business? I mean it happens all the time. He could have taken care of whatever he wanted to but chose not to, which is fine I guess just shut up then.

none of the tough bruins showed sack last night and I said that. Ritchie and Wagner needed to be more physical and someone should have taken on Lindgren, preferably the guy trying to make a name for himself in the league IMO.

Root

Feb 22, 2010
What TFred needs to do if he really wants to fight is do the things that start a fight. Trash talking doesn't compare to a few good hits on the same guy. Especially a star player.

I was waiting for someone to say this.

If Frederic wants more fights he should do less talking and far more hitting. I like the fights and I love that he wants to be that guy because we have been missing it, but hitting impacts the game 10x more than fighting. Knock Lafreniere on his ass a few times, I guarantee he’ll get Lemieux to fight him.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA

Boston still loses

Frederic easily could have, and should have, taken the instigator after the knee on knee hit on Marchand. That was extremely disappointing as a player on the ice does not have replay and only sees a knee hit send Marchand to the ice.

At minimum, this move shows Don is watching the games and is on the same page as us fans disappointed to watch the team utterly bullied again this season.

Reactions: Gordoff

The Hajj

Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
Boise, Idaho
Since you guys are talking about TF so much, please explain how a 1st round pick can look so lost on the ice during a game. I want him to succeed and help the B’s, but he seems to have very limited skills, both skating and puck handling, and he can’t shoot the puck very well either. Is he another DS reach/failure or is this typical?

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I was waiting for someone to say this.

If Frederic wants more fights he should do less talking and far more hitting. I like the fights and I love that he wants to be that guy because we have been missing it, but hitting impacts the game 10x more than fighting. Knock Lafreniere on his ass a few times, I guarantee he’ll get Lemieux to fight him.

This is what I'm saying. TFred has been trash talking anyone and everyone and if we want to be honest, mostly lightweights or players that don't normally fight.

TFred is not a heavyweight so he needs to pick his fights carefully but this constant chirping of lightweights he does is getting old.

Lay a few heavy hits, you won't need to chirp.

Last edited:

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
my not important enough comment was for his mouth. He’s done nothing in the league was my point. He’s not important enough to have a mouth like that IMO of course.

So then he should just shut his mouth? Again when Marchand first broke in he had a mouth. Did you feel like he wasn't important enough to have a mouth too?

the time on ice was plenty of time for either situation. Have you never seen a guy make a beeline right at the other guy and take care of business? I mean it happens all the time. He could have taken care of whatever he wanted to but chose not to, which is fine I guess just shut up then.

It happens when guys are on the ice at the same time when an incident takes place. Pasta got lit up twice last night....Frederic wasn't on the ice either time. Was he supposed to hop over the boards and just start throwing haymakers? Then we get a too many men, instigator, game misconduct and probably a suspension lol.

none of the tough bruins showed sack last night and I said that. Ritchie and Wagner needed to be more physical and someone should have taken on Lindgren, preferably the guy trying to make a name for himself in the league IMO.

I must have missed those post because Freddy is the only guy you seem to bitch about continuously even though leads the team in fights . As for taking on Lindgren, again 45 seconds on the ice together, FORTY-FIVE SECONDS LOU! Looking at the shift charts, those 45 seconds was early in the 1st period before anything happened, so unless you expect Freddy to see into the future why would he fight him before anything happened? Similar situation with Frederic and Lemieux. They had most of their shifts against each other early in the 1st. They had a full shift against each other later in the game when it was 6-1, again at that point no reason for Lemieux to entertain a fight at that point.

We'll agree to disagree on this Lou. You're one of the better posters here, but its mind blowing to me that you ride the one guy on this team that's willing to fight night in and night out.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
So then he should just shut his mouth? Again when Marchand first broke in he had a mouth. Did you feel like he wasn't important enough to have a mouth too?

It happens when guys are on the ice at the same time when an incident takes place. Pasta got lit up twice last night....Frederic wasn't on the ice either time. Was he supposed to hop over the boards and just start throwing haymakers? Then we get a too many men, instigator, game misconduct and probably a suspension lol.

I must have missed those post because Freddy is the only guy you seem to bitch about continuously even though leads the team in fights . As for taking on Lindgren, again 45 seconds on the ice together, FORTY-FIVE SECONDS LOU! Looking at the shift charts, those 45 seconds was early in the 1st period before anything happened, so unless you expect Freddy to see into the future why would he fight him before anything happened? Similar situation with Frederic and Lemieux. They had most of their shifts against each other early in the 1st. They had a full shift against each other later in the game when it was 6-1, again at that point no reason for Lemieux to entertain a fight at that point.

We'll agree to disagree on this Lou. You're one of the better posters here, but its mind blowing to me that you ride the one guy on this team that's willing to fight night in and night out.

nothing but respect for you as well. When you said he was on the ice for 45 seconds I assumed you meant after so I apologize for that.

I don’t remember Marchand having a big mouth until well into his rookie season but I wasn’t a fan. Now of course he has a blank check lol

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
why would there be no reason? You think if Frederic pushes the issue or even goes near him he wouldn’t oblige?

you’re hilarious, Trent was the one looking for redemption after getting tuned up after he felt Lemieux jumped the gun, just kinda weak to talk all that junk and then not even seek him out the next game especially one that’s out of hand and one where the Rangers ran Pasta a couple times. Wasn’t the time for polite invites.

so when can they fight? No fights ever happen at 6-2? The issue I have with Frederic is he has a big mouth and when the game was nasty and his guys were getting run he was nowhere to be found. If you’re cool with rhat knock yourself out to each his own

That was the way I saw it too.He should have sought him out last game.To much talking.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Frederic easily could have, and should have, taken the instigator after the knee on knee hit on Marchand. That was extremely disappointing as a player on the ice does not have replay and only sees a knee hit send Marchand to the ice.

At minimum, this move shows Don is watching the games and is on the same page as us fans disappointed to watch the team utterly bullied again this season.

IIRC it was a 2-1 game at that point. So you want Freddy to come over take an instigator (assuming Buch drops the gloves and he didn't look like he had interest to) and put the Rangers on the PP? Even worse if Buch doesn't drop the gloves as Freddy probably get a misconduct. Do you know for a fact what Frederic saw? I know I don't.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
IIRC it was a 2-1 game at that point. So you want Freddy to come over take an instigator (assuming Buch drops the gloves and he didn't look like he had interest to) and put the Rangers on the PP? Even worse if Buch doesn't drop the gloves as Freddy probably get a misconduct. Do you know for a fact what Frederic saw? I know I don't.

Frederic saw enough to skate across the rink and confront the player, look down at Marchand, and decide the roughing minor (if no fight) or instigator (if a fight) were not worth it.

I would take either in that situation considering we already had seen Pastrnak destroyed in two large hits and a few other Bruins as well. There are times to trust your PK and make the statement.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Frederic saw enough to skate across the rink and confront the player, look down at Marchand, and decide the roughing minor (if no fight) or instigator (if a fight) were not worth it.

I would take either in that situation considering we already had seen Pastrnak destroyed in two large hits and a few other Bruins as well. There are times to trust your PK and make the statement.

You trust your PK that's missing 2 of its top 3 PK TOI leaders plus Marchy just took a knee and wouldn't have been able to jump right out onto the PK? I guess you could roll out Kuraly on the PK to start, but he's been hot garbage recently. The funny part is if Frederic do to it and the Rags got a PP and scored, I'm pretty confident we'd hear "WTF Frederic you can't be putting the team a man down in a close game like this".

With that I'm off the boards for the night and looking forward to a Bruins win tomorrow.

:cheers:

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I dont believe anyone who thinks this is a garbage move. Literally no risk move right now. Bargain bin Sweeney does it again.

Late to the game.

This is John or Mark Tinordi's son? I'll take the six six, especially at the price.

Even if this is a stop gap move, I will take it. Suppose at that price, with that pedigree and size, at that age, an excellent move.

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020

This

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Jarred Tinordi Stats and News

Jarred Tinordi Bio

The son of longtime NHL defenseman Mark Tinordi was captain of the U.S. National Team Development Program when he was selected by the Montreal Canadiens in the first round (No. 22) in the 2010 NHL Draft.

The 6-foot-6 defenseman turned pro in 2012 and made his NHL debut with the Canadiens on March 16, 2013, earning an assist in a 2-1 victory against the Pittsburgh Penguins. He bounced between the Canadiens and their AHL affiliates until being traded to the Arizona Coyotes on Jan. 15, 2016.

Tinordi got into eight games for the Coyotes in 2016-17, but spent the next three seasons in the AHL with three different organizations - the Coyotes in 2016-17, the Pittsburgh Penguins in 2017-18 and the Nashville Predators in 2018-19. He finally earned a return to the NHL when the Predators called him up from Milwaukee of the AHL in late December 2019, and he scored his first NHL goal on Jan. 29, 2020, against the Washington Capitals.

Thank you. I'll take him.

Flags, anyone?

Last edited by a moderator:

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton

Frederic doesn’t go flat out often enough in my opinion. It’s nice to have composure and not be one of those guys running around aimlessly but he needs to move more in my opinion. Try to create a little instead of responding.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00