Former Bruins Jarred Tinordi

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Curious to see how he does, size sure helps against the bigger teams. Nashville is hurting right now on dee, Ryan Ellis is out 4-6 weeks.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
It's a great post to get us into the talking about the Bruins d-corps and what this signing says about how things currently stand. I said I wasn't too excited about it, and I'm not, but if we are in the position of having to play Kampfer as a regular (as much as I respect and like the guy), then why not see what Tinordi can do in the same role? It could be interesting.

Also, the guy is a former first round selection, he's twenty nine, and six six. Throw him out there and see what he can do. My sense is, unfortunately, not much.

But I like the size, and he has to know his time is short. So, perhaps he'll decide == like BR, who doesn't have a pulse == to use it. I wish him well, but if it's only a fill in before Lauzon's return, that's okay.

Reactions: Dr Hook

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
He can't handle the puck much worse than Carlo lately.!

That is a post I hoped I'd never see. Brandon is still Crandon in some ways- like he never came fully back from the bubble disaster that he was. I hope he gets it sorted out, as we know he is better than this.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
When he plays with snarl, he’s 10x more effective than when he doesn’t.

isn’t this, in part, a coaching issue?

Partly I suppose, but I also think it's a temperament thing with him. He is just not an aggressive hockey player and doesn't appear to be that as a person either. We were talking about his puck-handling, which last season prior to the bubble was looking pretty good, even when he was not playing aggressively. This year's it has been just short of atrocious. No idea what has gone wrong there. For what it's worth I agree, he is better when he is ramped up a bit and playing with an edge. I just don't think he has it in him very often.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Bjork has looked better than Smith, IMO.
Ya but smiths looked good and scores more. Bjork does look good tho. Not sure why everyone has turned on him. I guess bruins fans lean heavily on point production not so much all the other intangibles

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
tinordi is a first round bust. That is all that needs to be said about that. When first heard the news they claimed tinordi, first
thought was kevin miller injury is more serious then top brass is letting us to believe. could be out long term. Also , they
panicked because of lack of toughness on back end without lauzon, and miller so they grasped at straws and picked up
tinordi who is a bigger stiff then chara. Sweeney failed in the offseason by not re-signing chara, instead of engaging in playing
time talk, just re-sign chara to 750,000.00 and that was it. He would be playing top 4 now anyway with injuries and all that, so
a panick move by signing tinordi, when they could have just kept Chara.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
tinordi is a first round bust. That is all that needs to be said about that. When first heard the news they claimed tinordi, first
thought was kevin miller injury is more serious then top brass is letting us to believe. could be out long term. Also , they
panicked because of lack of toughness on back end without lauzon, and miller so they grasped at straws and picked up
tinordi who is a bigger stiff then chara. Sweeney failed in the offseason by not re-signing chara, instead of engaging in playing
time talk, just re-sign chara to 750,000.00 and that was it. He would be playing top 4 now anyway with injuries and all that, so

Great post .... NOT

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

Sweeney should have signed Chara’s contract for him, right? The amount of ignorance on the Chara situation from fans is high comedy.

If Boston isn’t dealing with injuries, we’re not claiming Tinordi. But that’s how hockey is. He’ll provide some depth while we get healthy. Maybe he does well. Maybe he doesn’t. He’ll be in Providence soon enough.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Sweeney should have signed Chara’s contract for him, right? The amount of ignorance on the Chara situation from fans is high comedy.

If Boston isn’t dealing with injuries, we’re not claiming Tinordi. But that’s how hockey is. He’ll provide some depth while we get healthy. Maybe he does well. Maybe he doesn’t. He’ll be in Providence soon enough.
just stop trying to explain things by simplifying and making sense of it all, thank you:laugh::sarcasm:

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Ya but smiths looked good and scores more. Bjork does look good tho. Not sure why everyone has turned on him. I guess bruins fans lean heavily on point production not so much all the other intangibles

I kind of look at how many shots a guy it getting on net when he's a marginal talent. I thought I seen a post that Bjork had like 2 shots in 6-7 games?

Not sure why he should be in the line up tonight or if ever.

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida

Chara wouldn't take $750k, he's getting $1.3M from the Caps with another bonus on top if they win the Cup.

Yes, it would be nice to have him right now with the injuries. That's why they wanted him as a 7th D. But I supported the non-sign. I don't think he fits the system Bruce is going with. I'm very happy he is doing well in Washington, though.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Chara wouldn't take $750k, he's getting $1.3M from the Caps with another bonus on top if they win the Cup.

Yes, it would be nice to have him right now with the injuries. That's why they wanted him as a 7th D. But I supported the non-sign. I don't think he fits the system Bruce is going with. I'm very happy he is doing well in Washington, though.

I agree with all but the last bit. Nothing against Z but if he is doing well in Washington that means the Caps are doing well and f*** those guy every day and twice on Sunday. For that reason I hope Chara has a miserable season and plays terrible.

Reactions: SPB2776

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad