Former Bruins Jarred Tinordi

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
It's a great post to get us into the talking about the Bruins d-corps and what this signing says about how things currently stand. I said I wasn't too excited about it, and I'm not, but if we are in the position of having to play Kampfer as a regular (as much as I respect and like the guy), then why not see what Tinordi can do in the same role? It could be interesting.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Happens every year.

It sure seems like it. I don’t follow any other teams that closely so I don’t know how we actually compare but it feels like the Bruins have the worst luck with injuries to defenseman- they happen often and in bunches it seems.

Reactions: Gordoff

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Very good. Studnicka has done nothing to warrant taking him out of the lineup. He has been excellent. I’m waiting for his Seguin Game 2 ECF against Tampa “break out” game. It’s coming.

Only issue for Studnicka is that he doesn't have any help on the wings to support production. I preferred him with Federick. The young guys seems to click. But we'll see how it goes.

Reactions: TCB and Gordoff

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Very good. Studnicka has done nothing to warrant taking him out of the lineup. He has been excellent. I’m waiting for his Seguin Game 2 ECF against Tampa “break out” game. It’s coming.

If I’m Cassidy, I have a short leash with JDB on that 2nd line.

Ritchie — Krejci — Smith
Frederic — Coyle — Studnicka
JDB — Kuraly — Wagner

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
I love that the Bruins might play him tomorrow. Give him a game, see where he slots.

As was mentioned the bruins do sometimes go to 9/10, or deeper, on the depth charts so more D depth is good to see. I didn't think Kampfer played that badly the other night. and that's a fast team.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Would love to see Tinordi do well, mostly because he was drafted high by Montreal.

Also his dad was great on that old Minnesota North Stars team with one of my favorite tough guys Basic McRae and Shane Churla and Link Gaetz.

Bellow's, Broten and Modana were also beauty's in the good old days.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Would love to see Tinordi do well, mostly because he was drafted high by Montreal.

Also his dad was great on that old Minnesota North Stars team with one of my favorite tough guys Basic McRae and Shane Churla and Link Gaetz.

Bellow's, Broten and Modana were also beauty's in the good old days.

What about the Covid protocol?

I believe it took Laine/PLD 2 weeks before joining their respective teams (perhaps US to Canada Canada to US thing)?

Reactions: VanIsle

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
It's a great post to get us into the talking about the Bruins d-corps and what this signing says about how things currently stand. I said I wasn't too excited about it, and I'm not, but if we are in the position of having to play Kampfer as a regular (as much as I respect and like the guy), then why not see what Tinordi can do in the same role? It could be interesting.

It's all about addressing the size/nasty that's currently missing with Miller/Lauzon out. Simple as that. They were soft as shit against the Isles and Rags the two games before Sunday. Hopefully he throws down tomorrow.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
It's all about addressing the size/nasty that's currently missing with Miller/Lauzon out. Simple as that. They were soft as shit against the Isles and Rags the two games before Sunday. Hopefully he throws down tomorrow.

I hope he is competent back there. If all he brings is size and nasty and can't handle the puck, clear the zone, or make a decent first pass out of it won't be much fun. I am hoping it won't be any worse than the options they currently have.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I hope he is competent back there. If all he brings is size and nasty and can't handle the puck, clear the zone, or make a decent first pass out of it won't be much fun. I am hoping it won't be any worse than the options they currently have.

Hes not a great player but he is a fringe NHLer.

McAvoy/Carlo/Gryz aren't going to drop with anyone. This pickup makes a lot of sense even if the O/U for games played by him is 5.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad