Jarred Tinordi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Outside of interest attributed to Patrick Roy, does Ghetto really hold trade value for anyone?

Why would we want to trade him?

We need wingers who can provide offense, would make no sense to move guys like Andrighetto or Hudon.

Pateryn is a perfect example of why you should be as patient as possible with your prospects. They traded for him in 208 and he's only now establishing himself as an NHL caliber regular d-man...in 2015. No all kids will take that long but some do.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Does anyone here think Edmonton will be able to keep all of their recent 1st round picks? I mean what is the point. Having 6 or 7 1st overall picks is too much to keep on one team which is struggling in bottom 6 depth as well as defensmen and goaltending. I have a feelings that either this summer or in a few years from now Edmonton will be forced to move some of their 1st overall picks in order to A) keep their cap hit down (seeing as they have a ton of star potential) and B) trade for some actual role players, goalies and defense. Maybe we could get a deal going with Edmonton over the summer for one of their young stat talents such as Yakupov or Eberle. They need defense and goaltending so I wouldn't mind trading one of our D and goaltending prospects for a potential top 6 scoring fix.

If we could build a package for Yakupov around Tinordi, you do it and run. Especially if we can retain Petry.

You have to give value to get value and I believe in both players, obviously Montreal would need to add and that's fine.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Marc Antoine Godin ‏@MAGodin

Jarred Tinordi had surgery to his wrist yesterday. He will be rehabbing for the next two to three months. #Habs

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Why would we want to trade him?

I'm not suggesting that we should. Was only wondering why someone would include him a fake trade. I don't think he has much value anyhow, might as well hold for now.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I would try and get Draisatl out of Edmonton.

Offer Tinordi or Emelin, Fucale, a 1st rounder.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Tinordi will be cheap for the next 2-3 seasons+, and his value is at its lowest (would not be smart to trade him).

Tinordi's potential is too good...you cannot trade him...there will be major painful regret in the future if Tinordi is traded.

Up to me:
he's our #5-6-7 next season (for sure).

Emelin traded this summer:
Markov- PK Subban
Beaulieu - Petry
Tinordi - Gilbert
Pateryn

No Petry:
Markov - PK Subban
Emelin - Gilbert
Beaulieu/Tinordi - Pateryn

Like many here...I would really love to see Petry signed to a 4-5 yr deal. $4.5mil - $5mil+/year. Signing Petry and trading Emelin would be the best scenario, imo.

OpenIceHit

Oct 3, 2006
Toronto
I was looking at this and some of the best Dmen in the league had their first full good NHL season around their mid twenties:

Methot (23)
Chara (23-24)
Beauchemin (25)
Boyle (24)
Boychuck (25)
Girardi (23)
Petry (24)
Gilbert (25) ;)

And most of the very best only had their first full season at 21-22.

Be patient!

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I'm not suggesting that we should. Was only wondering why someone would include him a fake trade. I don't think he has much value anyhow, might as well hold for now.

I'm pretty sure Tinordi has good value. A team trading with the Habs might take him ahead if our 1st rounder(20+ in a deep draft) as teams usually prefer trading for guys that are NHL ready vs guys that will be ready in 2-3 or 4 years.

eFFeRR

Major League Hockey
Dec 11, 2013
I would try and get Draisatl out of Edmonton.

Offer Tinordi or Emelin, Fucale, a 1st rounder.

I was thinking the exact same thing when Edmonton won the lottery. They will definately want to move Draistatl now. Id imagine they would want an NHL ready Dman though.

I was thinking Emelin/Beaulieu + Fucale + 1st round . Can even replace Fucale with something else if they really wanted but that would be the premise. I wonder if that would be enough to get it done. Having Chucky and Draisatl down the middle in the next couple years would be awesome.

DD51*

Marc Antoine Godin ‏@MAGodin

Jarred Tinordi had surgery to his wrist yesterday. He will be rehabbing for the next two to three months. #Habs

It took long to make that decision. The guy was on the injury list since at least a month so far....

What's up with Bournival and Nygren concussion problems ?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I'm pretty sure Tinordi has good value. A team trading with the Habs might take him ahead if our 1st rounder(20+ in a deep draft) as teams usually prefer trading for guys that are NHL ready vs guys that will be ready in 2-3 or 4 years.

Well it's impossible to know what a players trade value is, but with his struggles this year and missing the end of the season to injury, I would think his value has taken a hit. Would be surprised if they move him at this stage, perhaps after camp if they don't like what they see.

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
I don't like Draisatl he has Vanek type of skating. Slow as hell.

I don't mind him but didn't they take him over Sam Bennett? I find that hard to accept honestly. I knew their management was bad but even on paper comparing them both Bennett just seems like a better pick.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I don't mind him but didn't they take him over Sam Bennett? I find that hard to accept honestly. I knew their management was bad but even on paper comparing them both Bennett just seems like a better pick.

But Draisatl is the german Gretzky :sarcasm:

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Look at Pateryn, coming into his own at 24. Glad we never let him go...let's keep Tinordi too.

Just imagine how big our lineup might be in a couple years...and that's assuming we don't re-sign Petry (though I would love it if we did)

Subban - Beaulieu
Emelin - Tinordi
Gilbert - Pateryn

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Look at Pateryn, coming into his own at 24. Glad we never let him go...let's keep Tinordi too.

Just imagine how big our lineup might be in a couple years...and that's assuming we don't re-sign Petry (though I would love it if we did)

Subban - Beaulieu
Emelin - Tinordi
Gilbert - Pateryn

A player become a number six dman after four years in the NCAA and three years in Hamilton is in fact not a great argument in support of waiting.

Last edited:

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
A player become a number sux dman after four years in the NCAA and three years in Hamilton is in fact not a great argument in support of waiting.

What's wrong with being a strong 2nd pairing defensemen...especially when you have Subban + Beaulieu ahead of him.

Do you seriously expect him to overtake either one of them?

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
What's wrong with being a strong 2nd pairing defensemen...especially when you have Subban + Beaulieu ahead of him.

Do you seriously expect him to overtake either one of them?

Was discussing Pateryn, not Petry.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Was discussing Pateryn, not Petry.

Oh lmao...I don't see anything wrong with Pateryn being a 3rd pairing dman, he has a lot of competition ahead of him but he fits the stay-at-home hard hitting defenseman persona really well. He hasn't shown he has the offensive tools at the NHL level in order to advance to #4. I know Tinordi hasn't shown any signs of offensive creativity either, but I'm still of the belief he will become a better version of Pateryn.

mustardnight*

Aug 11, 2011
If we could build a package for Yakupov around Tinordi, you do it and run. Especially if we can retain Petry.

You have to give value to get value and I believe in both players, obviously Montreal would need to add and that's fine.

Well no **** dude.

"Build" a package with Tinordi implies Tinordi is our main piece? He may not ever be in the NHL let alone a top pairing guy that someone like Yakupov would command.

That will never, ever happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad