Jarred Tinordi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Didn't find a thread in the first 6 pages so I'm starting a new one.

Played really well since being called up IMO. He's protecting the puck and using his long strides to get the puck out safely, while being patient when there isn't an opening. Also his shot seems to be a bit better, at least accuracy wise. That could lead to plenty of tip plays.

I think he's being a bit hesitant to overcommit to checking, but I think once he's comfortable he'll be using his strength more. Otherwise he's been solid in his own end.

I also really, really like how well he can move. Even a mobile Hal Gill could be a valuable asset when he tops off his development.

dreamingofdrouin*

he was really really good tonight...he has taken some big steps since he was last here...he looks faster out there and just a good decision maker..gonna be a good one...glad we got him.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Habs have a solid nucleus of young players. It looks like both Beaulieu and Tinordi will become key regulars soon

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
he was really really good tonight...he has taken some big steps since he was last here...he looks faster out there and just a good decision maker..gonna be a good one...glad we got him.

I actually think he has some untapped offensive potential. Not necessarily as a playmaker, but just as a Dman who can read the play and support the forwards by being a safe option on the blueline, or a shot option. He's smart above everything else, so I think he can learn how to be effective offensively despite not having a cannon for a shot,etc.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Definitely a keeper. Played a very good game tonight. Very poised with the puck and his decision making is impressive.

What really amazes me is just how good of a skater he is.

JAVO16

Sep 21, 2008
Montréal
He's a bit behind the play in the D zone, has a tough time finding his man or runs around a bit too much sometimes right now. However, I love his skating ability combined with his size and the way he can skate the puck out of trouble. Give him some time to smooth out his game at the NHL level and he'll really be a good one.

sventington

Sep 18, 2013
he looks much better now than he did during his original stint with the club this year.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
The Hamilton team is doing a good job with its players. I'm liking what I'm seeing from the callups.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
The Hamilton team is doing a good job with its players. I'm liking what I'm seeing from the callups.

Last season too... It's weird because the point totals don't reflect it, but every call up the past two seasons have shown signs of NHL level talent.

Gallagher had 20 points in 36 games in the AHL last season, and then got 28 in 44. Tinordi and beaulieu also showed signs of promise.

This season it seems to be more of the same. Beaulieu and Tinordi (latest call up) have looked good.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011

Totally different player than what he was at the beginning of the season. He is more decisive with the puck now. Previously, when he had the puck, he looked lost and it ended up in a turnover.

He is developing well. And I am happy to see that.

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
Last season too... It's weird because the point totals don't reflect it, but every call up the past two seasons have shown signs of NHL level talent.

Gallagher had 20 points in 36 games in the AHL last season, and then got 28 in 44. Tinordi and beaulieu also showed signs of promise.

This season it seems to be more of the same. Beaulieu and Tinordi (latest call up) have looked good.
That might be because AHL teams aren't just composed of propsects. Some of the players are AHL material only. While others are still learning rookies.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Tinordi looks confident out there. He is playing much better than how his previous stint ended.

Although beaulieu looks to be the bigger need on this club right now, tinordi may become the bigger need if this club makes the playoffs.

Nice to see the habs take 2/3 from the pens this season. That team really bugs me.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010

And then.. you have guys like Christian Thomas, Joonas Nättinen, Patrick Holland, Gabriel Dumont, etc.

So far, only Beaulieu, Tinordi and Bournival have been looking good!

hogtownhabsfan*

I've been telling everyone for years....

This guy is an absolute beast. He still needs to work on his defensive zone coverage... and he still has upside offensively... but he's a top 4 defenseman very soon, possibly top 2 if he can ge those 2 things sorted out.

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
He looked good out there.

I can't wait until we mismanage him, throw him to the wolves, and then inexplicably send him to the AHL.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I would like to see both him and Beaulieu in the lineup together soon.

Emelin-Subban
Markov-Tinordi
Gorges-Beaulieu
Murray

-Balance
-Good size
-Great mobility
-rookies aren't over exposed

Thoughts?

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
And then.. you have guys like Christian Thomas, Joonas Nättinen, Patrick Holland, Gabriel Dumont, etc.

So far, only Beaulieu, Tinordi and Bournival have been looking good!

so what you're saying is our mid/low level prospects don't look good in the NHL but the mid/high level prospects look good?

Habstract

Feb 23, 2009
North Vancouver
I would like to see both him and Beaulieu in the lineup together soon.

Emelin-Subban
Markov-Tinordi
Gorges-Beaulieu
Murray

-Balance
-Good size
-Great mobility
-rookies aren't over exposed

Thoughts?

Emelin and Subban is a big No-No for me... Way too many giveaways by those 2, I'd rather see Tinordi-Subban than Emelin-Subban

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
I actually think he has some untapped offensive potential. Not necessarily as a playmaker, but just as a Dman who can read the play and support the forwards by being a safe option on the blueline, or a shot option. He's smart above everything else, so I think he can learn how to be effective offensively despite not having a cannon for a shot,etc.

I'm starting to think so too, I think he can have gorges effectiveness in the d-zone, with some more added natural ability, a good skater, good first pass and some added physicality. I wasn't high on him previously, but he's coming along very well.

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
Emelin looks like he doesn't even belong, he's been terribad for a while now. To those who thought he was responsible for our collapse last season, what a LOL that was. We were a victim of really, really bad luck and some untimely goaltending. The habs possession numbers were still very good without emelin. He looks like a 6th/7th dman right now, nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad