Jarred Tinordi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
I have friends that have season tickets to the Dogs. They watch him a lot and they all have the same conclusion. Get whatever you can for him.
He's a decent skater. With throw his weight around. Does not know how to pick his spots to scrap. Handles the puck like a grenade and makes some pretty bad defensive zone plays/coverage.

Next year it should be.
Markov-Subban
Beaulieu-Petry
Emelin-Pateryn.

I've watched Tinordi often too, but definitely not as often as your friends (ex: season tickets to the Dogs), so I respect your opinion.

But/and...I've seen Tinordi play the way you describe him (handling puck like grenade, bad decisions with puck,etc)...I've seen this often and I don't like it. But I've also seen him play with more confidence and this is when I see the potential. If up to me...I wouldn't go with ''get whatever you can for him'' (especially while his value is low)...and he will be cheap or dirt cheap for another 2-3 seasons (good for our cap), so what's the rush? Tinordi as #6-7 next season (if up to me).

If it's a gamble...I'm gambling on 6'6 Tinordi for another season or two.

I don't want to do the angry ''aaaaaaarrrrrgggggghhhhh!!'' if/when he succeeds on another team as a beast 6'6 playoff warrior. And, I still think that a future Tinordi-PK Subban pairing can be one of the best in the NHL...one day.
(heck...Hal Gill and Subban formed a good duo and Gill was super slow...Tinordi skates well for such a huge/tall guy).

Of course...I could be wrong about Tinordi's potential! (I don't have a crystal ball).

White (warrior), Bourque (playoff warrior/PF)...I don't want to add Tinordi to this list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad